Visa Inc. Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for Staff Software Engineer position online using VISA carreers site. Got call from recruiter after 1 week. Talked briefly about my skills and experience and scheduled series of interviews. went through 8 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• All techinical questions, Java, Web Services, Algorithims, data base related, application performance improvement etc. Its all one on one interviews   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2014.

Interview

VERY GOOD PLANNING AND COMMUNICATION. Started with an initial phone screen that was HR+few Java questions, then a test was picked up from a set of Java online tests, finally a coding round with senior developer.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, simple java code to write method with loops.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Interview process at VISA is really conducted in a professional manner. Though its bit slow but its detailed and you will have the feel that you are being interviewed for Tier 1 company. have patience and improve your professional and technical knowledge to get thru... Good Luck.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIn and asked for a resume. The recruiter set up a phone interview one week later with 3 software engineers and a "Sr. Business Leader". The interview was very short (~20 minutes) and included a few technical questions. After answering some general questions about my experience, I was asked how comfortable I was with C++. It was a pretty good experience but two of the interviewers had thick Indian accents which I often struggled with. Also, I didn't get a chance to ask any of my own questions (of which I had many), which was a bummer. This was the first of at least two interviews, but I was given an offer after only the phone interview because I was able to answer the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you access a linked list node at some arbitrary position 'n' in C++?   2 Answers
    • In C++ what are the different ways you can pass data into a method?   1 Answer
    • What are the primitive data types in C++?   Answer Question
    • What are the bitwise operators?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am currently negotiating.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Banga (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Banga (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

had 3 rounds
    1st technical round conducted by a senior software engineer
     general questions on Data Structures, Algorithms, OOPS, 2-3 puzzles
    2nd managerial round
     about yourself, questions on software development life cycle, integration and unit testing, SQL
    3rd again technical round. This was taken by a big-shot who came all the way from California. He was the head of mobile development!
     given two files, find data that in there in file 1 but not in file 2, hash tables, encryption and compression related questions

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied this job in website and after about 2 weeks get the phone interview.
    Phone interview: very technical, around 45 minutes, data structures and programming languages included
    The second round is technical test but I did not get the chance to attend it.
    Interviewer is nice but the question is not about algorithms.

Interview Questions

• focus on what is visa, database, programming   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Vellore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

2 coding questions with 6 sections of mcq of hadoop, c mcq, operating system , infrastructure support the face to face interview .. 100 students applied 7 got placed