Vishay Siliconix Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Senior Equipment Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Vishay Siliconix.

Interview

Interview process was professional. I interviewed with two Associate Engineers. and the Maintenance Manager(Felix Castro) who was very knowledgeable in all areas of the Wafer Fab and the Area's processing Equipment. The Associate engineers both were knowledgeable in their areas of expertise.
    I was applying for a Senior Equipment Maintenance Techician position in the Dry etch and Wetch etch
    areas'. Both Engineers questions were about the Wet etch and Dry etch processes. Dry etch Engr. ask what type of problems would cause etch rate and particle issues and what would I do to get the process back in to Spec. The wet etch Engr. ask about chemical flow stream components i.e: valves, types of tubing, pneumatic transducers, flow pick ups and types of fittings(flare, compression, fused).

Interview Questions

• I was ask about various Digital, Analog components, how they worked. Also questions about pneumatics and chemical flow diagrams. There are two written tests about Fab and electrical schematics. One of the test you needed to now OHMs law to figure out the correct answers.   1 Answer

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vishay Siliconix (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview was rather easy. Questions were based upon the resume. Basic technical questions on buck converters and op amps. Past project experiences. Also some of the behavioral questions and how will you manage multiple projects.

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Do study the market first.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vishay Siliconix (Columbus, NE) in September 2012.

Interview

I had to do a phone interview and drive 4 hours round trip twice for two in person interviews with no compensation for mileage.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did when someone at work disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vishay Siliconix (Mumbai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

personal interview, technical interview by factory head, technical interview by manufacturing head, interview by departmental head.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vishay Siliconix in December 2011.

Interview

Contacted by the HR director after 2 months of posting for the position. Scheduled an interview 1 week later. Met with the HR director and hiring manager for one on one interviews. The office was small but very nice. The employees were all very kind but focused on their work. Interviewed in the administrative support area which was somewhat empty (employees had moved to another office so there were empty desks/cubicles). I know that I was overqualified for the position and the salary was too low to what I was previously making. The hiring manager made several comments regarding that I shouldn't accept the pay level (she was giving me professional advice). I explained that I wanted to move back into a more analytical role but that I still wanted an opportunity to move up.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job when you were a making great salary?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vishay Siliconix in January 2011.

Interview

First question during the phone interview and the face to face interview was expected salary. The first step was a 30 minute phone interview followed by a half day of face to face interviews onsite with one person from HR and two people from the department I would be working in. Four weeks later I have received zero response. Totally unprofessional in my opinion when someone has taken a day off from work to be interviewed.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vishay Siliconix in January 2010.

Interview

I went to their job fair recently and had to wait for a while to get a chance to go in. When I did get in, a panel reviewed my resume and I immediately got an interview for an engineer position. The guy mainly asked about my current job, our tool specs, what I do, etc. I didn't get any of the basic questions like "tell me about yourself" or "what's your best quality?" It lasted for about 15-20 minutes, which said a lot. I didn't get an offer, and I confirmed it by emailing the guy about two weeks later. Oh well.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vishay Siliconix in June 2009.

Interview

The first interview was in the University.Basically standard IQ questions.Later,the questions were about my interests