Vision Critical Interview Questions

2.5

Senior Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vision Critical in August 2013.

The job posting came out and 1 day later I saw it and applied online. 3 days after that HR called me to set up a phone interview. I was out of state at the time, caught it on email and set up the interview for a few days later when I was back at home (Monday). The interview with HR was short but good and at the end of it they wanted to set up a meeting with me and two hiring managers. The next day the email came with my interview day (in 2 days), however the next day, another email came and said they were cancelling my interview because they have found their candidate.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vision Critical in March 2013.

General interview questions but focus more on your previous marketing research experiences. I was interviewed by three different senior employees, kinda repeated the same question.

Interview Questions
    • Let me about your most challenging project and how have you conquered it?   Answer Question

Survey Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vision Critical.

The company uses a typical 4 step IT hiring model:
    1) Phone interview with person from HR. HR person was very friendly and informative. Interview was about 30 minutes and asked the typical questions about background, experience, future goals and the soft skill questions ("What's the hardest thing you ever did?", "How do you measure success?")
    2) Emailed skill test. Clock starts ticking when HR hits send. Given 1 hour to complete and email back five coding related questions. The questions really didn't seem to match the job description. Job calls for some OOP experience, and some HTML/CSS/JavaScript experience. However, the questions didn't involve any HTML or CSS and only one question about JavaScript.
    3) In person interview with departmental manager or IT supervisor. This is about formally testing your knowledge and making sure you fit with the existing team.
    4) HR discussion regarding hiring package.

Interview Questions
    • Using an OOP language, write a program to validate a credit card against a given psuedocode algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Using an OOP language,validate a postal code against a given psuedocode algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Using an OOP language, write a recursive routine to determine the index of the lowest value in an array. Note - must be recursive with no loops.   Answer Question
    • Using JavaScript, add a "$" before any input field on an HTML page.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Vision Critical.

Initial Phone Interview with HR, than brought in for interview with VP Finance and HR, than brought back in for third interview with SVP... whole process took almost 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • They really got to know you in all the interviews, the really try to ensure you will mesh with their team well. By the third interview it was more technical, going through previous experience, discussing the position and what you can bring to it.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but i could have and should have. It was my first position out of university so i didn't really realise... and was low balled because of that.

IT Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vision Critical in December 2011.

I had 4 interviews. The first was a phone interview with HR in Vancouver. Second interview was a phone interview with IT manager and team leader in Vancouver. Third interview was in person with office administrator in Toronto. Final interview was with HR in New York. I was warned that I would be dealing with "difficult people" in Toronto.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vision Critical in July 2011.

first phone interview with HR team in Vancouver. Then one in person interview with team in Toronto, both director and VP. Questions are pretty straightforward in terms of what you would prepare for an interview e.g. talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult colleague.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what you would do if you took over some accounts which had being having a bad experience, were not happy or had experienced a lot of account manager turnover   Answer Question
    They offered within my range, papers were signed quickly and was allowed to start asap

Account Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Vision Critical.

Phone Interview followed by face to face

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation

Analyst Interview

I found the job position online and applied online. I received an email response regarding time for an phone interview the following day. I replied and gave them the times I was available and they soon replied to one of the times. The phone interview was conducted by the Director of HR in Vancouver.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Vision Critical.

Had brief telephone interview, was invited to give a presentation and have a face-to-face interview (travel expenses paid), then asked to e-mail in a 500 word essay on one of five topics.

Senior Research Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Vision Critical.

I applied for a position in one of their US offices and was transferred to have interviews with another office. It was all fine except I felt that they just wanted to get some inside info from my current companies. I had more than 4 interviews and they all said "it's for future opportunity". It was just very creepy the way they did it. It was completely a waste of my time and I will definitely not consider this company in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult at all. But why did you want to know how my company did A and the process instead of my role & responsibilities, and how I have achieved/not achieved?   Answer Question

Worked for Vision Critical? Contribute to the Community!