Vision Critical Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.4

Senior Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vision Critical (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

The job posting came out and 1 day later I saw it and applied online. 3 days after that HR called me to set up a phone interview. I was out of state at the time, caught it on email and set up the interview for a few days later when I was back at home (Monday). The interview with HR was short but good and at the end of it they wanted to set up a meeting with me and two hiring managers. The next day the email came with my interview day (in 2 days), however the next day, another email came and said they were cancelling my interview because they have found their candidate.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vision Critical (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

General interview questions but focus more on your previous marketing research experiences. I was interviewed by three different senior employees, kinda repeated the same question.

Interview Questions

• Let me about your most challenging project and how have you conquered it?   Answer Question

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone from HR that was about 15 minutes then was asked to come into the office for a face to face interview that was longer.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vision Critical (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a reply from the HR within 2 days. He asked basic questions on email and wanted to set up a phone interview. However, I never got a phone call. A day after, I recieved an email from web development department manager to set up an in person interview. Interview was conducted by the manager and a senior web developer. They were really nice and the interview process was more like a casual conversation. They asked about my experience and how I handle clients. Two way process where I answer their questions and they tell me about themselves and the company. After 20min of chatting, I was given a technical test with questions about basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. It was simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple projects with close deadlines?   Answer Question
    • If a client wants something that cannot be done, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you encounter challenges and how you overcome them.   Answer Question
    • If your codes do not work, how would you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • If you find that you can't finish a project on time, what would you do?   Answer Question

Junior C Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vision Critical (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through an ex-employee referral. Got an email for a telephone interview within a day. Interview scheduled after a week. Applied through an ex-employee referral. Got an email for a telephone interview within a day. Interview scheduled after a week. Applied through an ex-employee referral. Got an email for a telephone interview within a day. Interview scheduled after a week.

Customer Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vision Critical (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

- Submitted application through referral - Created a presentation for any company of my choice - Answered Typical Interview questions Note: VC Staff are extremely nice! You feel like they are trying to help you.

Interview Questions

• What type of leader do you think you are? Tell me a time when you dealt with difficult clients? Tell me a little bit about what you did in your past position? Why did you leave your last company?   Answer Question

Survey Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vision Critical (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The company uses a typical 4 step IT hiring model: 1) Phone interview with person from HR. HR person was very friendly and informative. Interview was about 30 minutes and asked the typical questions about background, experience, future goals and the soft skill questions ("What's the hardest thing you ever did?", "How do you measure success?") 2) Emailed skill test. Clock starts ticking when HR hits send. Given 1 hour to complete and email back five coding related questions. The questions really didn't seem to match the job description. Job calls for some OOP experience, and some HTML/CSS/JavaScript experience. However, the questions didn't involve any HTML or CSS and only one question about JavaScript. 3) In person interview with departmental manager or IT supervisor. This is about formally testing your knowledge and making sure you fit with the existing team. 4) HR discussion regarding hiring package.

Interview Questions

• Using an OOP language, write a program to validate a credit card against a given psuedocode algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Using an OOP language,validate a postal code against a given psuedocode algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Using an OOP language, write a recursive routine to determine the index of the lowest value in an array. Note - must be recursive with no loops.   Answer Question
    • Using JavaScript, add a "$" before any input field on an HTML page.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vision Critical (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with HR, than brought in for interview with VP Finance and HR, than brought back in for third interview with SVP... whole process took almost 2 months.

Interview Questions

• They really got to know you in all the interviews, the really try to ensure you will mesh with their team well. By the third interview it was more technical, going through previous experience, discussing the position and what you can bring to it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but i could have and should have. It was my first position out of university so i didn't really realise... and was low balled because of that.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vision Critical.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation

Analyst Interview

Interview

I found the job position online and applied online. I received an email response regarding time for an phone interview the following day. I replied and gave them the times I was available and they soon replied to one of the times. The phone interview was conducted by the Director of HR in Vancouver.