Visionary Integration Professionals

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visionary Integration Professionals (Folsom, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was great but terminated after 12 years of service and after my first interview with a managing director. Both of these individuals were terrific. After that interviews with two more directors - one asked me what my family situation was because I would be replacing a woman who could not work past 5 because of family obligations. This Proposal Director also asked me about my willingness to work extra hours and he did not seem pleased with my answer that I was willing to work 12 hour days or 60 hour/week when pinched; answer according to him was "until the job was done." I did talk with the former PM who said she got another job because she was afraid of being fired. Guess I dodged a bullet. This firm has little to no chance of winning federal contracts with new clients because it's no longer a small business. There used to be 10 people in the proposal department but reduced to the Director who is hiring from within because they are unwilling to pay in the APMP salary range. Sounds like the company is in trouble.

Interview Questions

• How willing are you to work additional hours?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visionary Integration Professionals.

Interview

A recruiter will contact you and give you a high level overview of the opening and salary range. If you are still interested, the recruiter will contact the program manager, who will be your supervisor. After the interview, the Program Manager may or may not ask additional team member to interview candidate to determine whether the candidate will be a good fit. If they wish to proceed, the program manager will bring you onsite to meet the client in order to obtain approval to proceed with a staffing action. You will then be provided an offer to accept decline or counter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation at your current job and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visionary Integration Professionals (Salem, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very easy. Just a few basic questions.

Interview Questions

• How many barber shops should be built for a population of a million?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just tell them what you are looking for.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionary Integration Professionals in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted via phone after putting resume on Dice.com. Preliminary phone call to assess personality, and then a few after to set up another call with developers for an interview. I did not know the specifics of what I would be working on at the time, but I later learned that I would come to work as a subcontractor for Fast Enterprises. The second interview round was with 2 Fast Developers from some specific client's site. They asked questions also to gauge my personality and experience as a employee, developer. 2 questions were were puzzles to gauge my mental process. I had problems answering one of the questions and needed hints. Nevertheless, they seemed to like me and ended the call on a positive note. Another thing was that I didn't know where I would end up, even though the posting said Denver, Colorado. They didn't tell me the location until I had accepted the offer, giving me two choices.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for 2g more and they said yes.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionary Integration Professionals (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very efficient. People I interviewed with were very professional and impressive. Interviewed with senior management as well as a few peers. Interview questions were challenging but very respectful. Position was for a Sacramento based job. I found the opportunity online and applied via their website. The process was easy enough to navigate. There are a lot of impressive co-workers at this company.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness. I hate that question. It's always difficult to answer but I was honest with the interviewer and the question and my answer led to some very good discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair. Hiring manager seemed very interested in making me a fair competitive offer and wanted me to be excited about starting.

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionary Integration Professionals (Folsom, CA).

Interview

3 step process, Speak to recruiter, then vp, then coo, also fly up to Folsom. Very informal and unprofessional. Waste of time. Dont bother interviewing here. Little career oppotunity other than a true sales position until you get burnt out.

Interview Questions

• there werent any diffucut questions, they just asked about my experience and it was exactly what they were looking for.   Answer Question

wasnt what i was looking for.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visionary Integration Professionals (Herndon, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with their subsidiary, Meridian. I found the whole process, especially the communication, to be very efficient and organized. Appointments were made and kept and the interviewers were straightforward about what they do, their challenges, and way that they approach work. There were able to find candidates with more experience using their specific COTS product, and I was not made an offer. The recruiter whom I worked with was wonderful; upfront about everything through the entire process and let me know when I was no longer under consideration. I would definitely work with him again, and have a favorable view of Meridian. My only beef, and it's a minor one to some, is them asking for references as part of your application. I feel that giving out a reference's personal information is a discrete matter, and should only happen during the final stages, when an offer is seriously being considered. The interview had a bit of "trial by fire" role play, which was not unexpected to me, but might throw some folks off, so be prepared for that. I did get the impression that stakeholder management is an issue they've really struggled with, though they didn't come out an say it directly. Their clients sound a little more manic than most.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when your project is losing money?   Answer Question
    • Several questions asking how you'd deal with a client who calls with their hair on fire every few hours.   Answer Question