Visionworks Eyewear Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Eyewear Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Visionworks in June 2014.

Called by a recruiter after applying online, did a phone interview. Interviewed a few days later at a job fair. Called for a 1:1 interview at store. Hired within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • How would you keep a customer in the store during a busy moment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visionworks

Eyewear Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Visionworks.

My interview process with the company was unique as the manager who hired me was also the manager I worked for at a different company who had just moved to Visionworks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my hourly pay up as I came in with 2+ years experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visionworks.

I had optical experience so I went into a VW and spoke with the manager, interviewed the next day, math test, job offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate more than they initially offered due to my current pay at another optical.

Eyewear Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visionworks in March 2013.

Had one interview with the General Manager in an exam room at the store 1 week after submitting application. Interview was very laid-back. Standard interview questions. Asked about optical experience and education. Nothing unexpected.

No negotiation. Entry-level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visionworks.

Initial interview with territory director. Then it was up to me to keep calling to confirm I was a candidate. Eventually I was contacted after 2 months to start in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a customer was unhappy and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    The wage was more than I currently made, so I accepted. The person who speaks first in wage negotiations loses.... Always ask for top dollar. The worst they can say is no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Visionworks in October 2012.

Filled out an application online, went in for interview, then was hired and filled out other paperwork and had a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visionworks.

I went to a 'job fair' at one of the stores, and filled out an application. Then I was given a timed math test. I interviewed with a total of 4 people over 2 days. Two were general managers from stores in the area, followed by an interview with the territory director, and on the second day I was called in to interview with the general manager of the store I wished to work at. Then came the background check/drug test.

Interview Questions
    • I was handed merchandise off a shelf and told "This is a lens cleaning kit. Sell it to me."   Answer Question
    I was not given a chance to negotiate my pay, etc. I was told $9/hr or nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visionworks in July 2011.

Interview was to the point, quick. Manager asked specific exploring questions on experience in the field and personal customer service experience. I was glad they needed a part-time optician. With my previous experience in school with optical wears it was easy to give a good impression. It was also highly emphasized on how quick you can learn the sales skills.

Interview Questions
    None. I needed an immediate job.