Visionworks

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.5

Licensed Optician Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Visionworks.

One hour talk, already knew the regional manager. So it was more of just a catch up talk.talked Bout benefits and pay . Yep easy easy. I knew ASAP that I had the job

Lab Supervisor/General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Visionworks in November 2014.

I applied on line they called and interviewed me the next week. The lady interviewing me didn't know my name or my experience. She didn't know the positions I applied for! I informed her of the positions I applied for and went over my resume. She seemed more interested in the guy with a do rag on his head than interviewing me. This was VERY unprofessional and she was 20 minutes late to the interview. She said they would let me know something in a week and needless to say I haven't heard anything from them and it's been almost three weeks. Don't waste your time with this company! Very sad situation!!!

Interview Questions
    • She didn't have any questions for me I asked all the questions.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Visionworks.

First step is to apply online or to go in store and grab an application. When they are actively hiring, you should expect a call within 3 days. If they aren't currently hiring, expect a call a few months later asking if you are still interested in the position. A background check will be done as well as a drug test. The process will last maybe a week or two after the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where you are overwhelmed?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visionworks in July 2014.

Start with recruiter and phone interview, then Territory Director interviews regarding specific market. Recruiter narrows down what markets are in need and the company growth strategy. Territory Director gives more of a feel for the management style, expectations and what future opportunities may look like. I did not move forward as the markets they were looking for District Managers did not match my needs.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult- standard interview questions   Answer Question

Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Visionworks.

Telephone & in person interview. All standard boiler plate stuff. Nothing unusual or unexpected except the animal question but the interviewer was clearly reading off a script and filling in boxes. Don't worry, they need you more than you need them.

Interview Questions
    • What animal would you want to be if you could? :/   View Answer
    They claim "the union" will not allow negotiations but then you find out later they lied.

Eyewear Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Visionworks in June 2014.

Called by a recruiter after applying online, did a phone interview. Interviewed a few days later at a job fair. Called for a 1:1 interview at store. Hired within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you keep a customer in the store during a busy moment?   Answer Question

Any Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Visionworks.

I first put an application on line dont bother go into the store and put one in and be dressed for an interview right then.

Interview Questions
    • they hand you something random and ask you to sale it to them.   Answer Question

Optometric Technician Interview

Fill out application, await interview, take drug test, begin working and training.

Eyewear Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Visionworks.

My interview process with the company was unique as the manager who hired me was also the manager I worked for at a different company who had just moved to Visionworks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my hourly pay up as I came in with 2+ years experience.

Optometric Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visionworks.

Interview was ok. But after five or six days, general mgr. of my store had not gotten back to me, so I called her. She seemed annoyed that I called, simply to ask if she had hired anyone yet. Finally she called me after almost two weeks and told me I was hired but I had to wait about six more days until I was able to start the job! I had desired to start several days earlier, as I needed the income a.s.a.p. and I was excited about the new job!

I was left with no room to negotiate, but I believe the hourly wage was fair.