Visionworks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.4

Retail Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visionworks (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard 1st interview with a General Manager of a store talking about specifics of your resume and expectations of the position your applying for followed by a second interview with a territory director with more general outlooks on future with the company and pay expectations. After that they send you off for a drug test and a background check which can take up to a week to hear back from.

Interview Questions

• Explain your past experiences and how they could be applied here.   Answer Question

Optician Interview

Interview

was briefed on a phone call on what was expected for me and was told to come in and have a sit down. Once arrived, the interview process went well and was straightforward. Answered questions from a sheet and the interviewer was friendly overall. I was made an offer right there and I accepted

Licensed Optician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

One hour talk, already knew the regional manager. So it was more of just a catch up talk.talked Bout benefits and pay . Yep easy easy. I knew ASAP that I had the job

Lab Supervisor/General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Katy, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on line they called and interviewed me the next week. The lady interviewing me didn't know my name or my experience. She didn't know the positions I applied for! I informed her of the positions I applied for and went over my resume. She seemed more interested in the guy with a do rag on his head than interviewing me. This was VERY unprofessional and she was 20 minutes late to the interview. She said they would let me know something in a week and needless to say I haven't heard anything from them and it's been almost three weeks. Don't waste your time with this company! Very sad situation!!!

Interview Questions

• She didn't have any questions for me I asked all the questions.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visionworks (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

First step is to apply online or to go in store and grab an application. When they are actively hiring, you should expect a call within 3 days. If they aren't currently hiring, expect a call a few months later asking if you are still interested in the position. A background check will be done as well as a drug test. The process will last maybe a week or two after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are overwhelmed?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks in July 2014.

Interview

Start with recruiter and phone interview, then Territory Director interviews regarding specific market. Recruiter narrows down what markets are in need and the company growth strategy. Territory Director gives more of a feel for the management style, expectations and what future opportunities may look like. I did not move forward as the markets they were looking for District Managers did not match my needs.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult- standard interview questions   Answer Question

Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Hauppauge, NY).

Interview

Telephone & in person interview. All standard boiler plate stuff. Nothing unusual or unexpected except the animal question but the interviewer was clearly reading off a script and filling in boxes. Don't worry, they need you more than you need them.

Interview Questions

• What animal would you want to be if you could? :/   1 Answer

Negotiation

They claim "the union" will not allow negotiations but then you find out later they lied.

Eyewear Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks in June 2014.

Interview

Called by a recruiter after applying online, did a phone interview. Interviewed a few days later at a job fair. Called for a 1:1 interview at store. Hired within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep a customer in the store during a busy moment?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

I first put an application on line dont bother go into the store and put one in and be dressed for an interview right then.

Interview Questions

• they hand you something random and ask you to sale it to them.   Answer Question

Optometric Technician Interview

Interview

Fill out application, await interview, take drug test, begin working and training.