Visiting Angels Caregiver Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

1.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Caregiver Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Visiting Angels in June 2014.

quick same day hire started same day soon as i filed out paper work i was sent to a clients location and was there for a good amount of time.

Other Interview Reviews for Visiting Angels

Caregiver Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Visiting Angels.

Easy interview. No unexpected questions. It is important to be honest and give eye contact. Be sure to be honest, they will check your facts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Visiting Angels in April 2012.

Interview was very simple not many questions bring all necessary job application info as in my case I had to again fill out an application I did not have the info with me and so only filled out what I knew off the top of my head. If you are hired and offered a time to come to orientation and accept that time better show up or expect a vocal beating my interview was simple easy. There are many of these companies around this one I feel is for people who have issues with something in their background and cant get a job with one of the other more reputable with integrity companies.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a dispute.   View Answer
    • Have you ever missed work for anything other than illness or emergency   View Answer
    Interview was very simple not many questions. I told the manager who interviewed me that I was however not able to start that my sister passed away and I had to fly out of state to get her affairs settled and to be there and grieve with and for my mother. I was offered the job the very next day and asked if I could come the following Saturday to Bloomington for orientation which just takes half the day and that he understood I had to go to California for my family. I accepted and was very excited to start. My brother called me my mom was in the hospital had nervous breakdown as she was told my sister was murdered I was WAY too distraut to call and let manager know I was flying out early my husband called and explained the situation to manager. I called a few days later from California. This manager was so rude to me he didnt care about my family our situation anything he was upset that my husband called for me. I was told it was okay to start after I got back from California and I guess because I was one of just a few people he could find he took his anger out on me on the phone and with my heart still grieving over the loss of my beautiful little sister. This is not a manager or owner what ever his title is I would never work for which is a shame as I have quite a bit of experience and a tender heart so it is a perfect career fit but to work for a man who yells at me on the phone as I am still crying over my loss was way unprofessional. He is only interested in the money all the talk in the interview of hes a family man and runs this company as a family is not true. My father nor any other male in the family would never speak to any of us in the way this man did to me. Not even a I'm sorry for your loss.
    My advice if you wish to try this company out is look to one of the other more established companies Indiana Mentors ans such, if you are seeking an unorganized company that just wants a warm body for their clients then go for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Visiting Angels in February 2011.

My elderly Aunt uses "VISITING ANGELS" & it seemed like a good job for me. I phoned the company & set-up an appointment. I took in my OLD resume. NO REAL INTERVIEW ... just a few questions, as to when I was available, etc. I was "hired" immed ... pending results of background check, drug test, etc. VERY LAID BACK, NICE, I& NFORMATIVE INTERVIEW. (I honestly doubt they get many College Grads, w/my past work & personal experience!!) SMALL FAMILY OWNED COMPANY ... NOT ALWAYS WELL-ORGANIZED!!

NONE

Caregiver Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Visiting Angels in February 2011.

I e-mailed them my interest in working for them and they called me with 24 hours. The interview was at their main office and was very time efficient. I had to fill out an application and then take a "personality" test on the computer. I was then told that once my background check was done, I would be considered for employment. I was called in for a position approximately one week after I interviewed. At the time of my interview I was able to meet all the office staff as well as the manager of the company. It was a pleasant interview and I was treated very well and respectfully.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Worked for Visiting Angels? Contribute to the Community!