Visiting Nurse Association Omaha

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Visiting Nurse Association Omaha

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Medical Records Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Association Omaha in November 2011.

Interview

First you MUST go to their website and complete their application. I saw the ad in the newspaper and it only requested a resume, and at least 6 mos medical office experience. Good thing I filled out the online application, because I faxed my resume AND emailed it on the weekend, and received a phone call with an interview date on Monday. Once I got there, I was handed the very same application I had filled out online. It is very long and takes a while to finish, so I was relieved I had done it online and printed it out and brought it with me, just in case. Two women interviewed me, and both were extremely friendly, courteous, easy going, and made the whole process not even feel like an interview. One showed me around the office, and both seemed to like me very much, and said my background and skills were VERY similar to the job being offered. I wanted this job very much, but sadly, as is the case with large companies, those who interview you, are not those who do the hiring. Human Resources does. They do a credit check, a background check, the whole works. I have a gap of unemployment time in my resume that I am sure counted against me, but in this economy, many do. I also had an accident years ago that required surgery and a week in the hospital, while I was uninsured. This of course, bankrupted me. So I am sure once they saw THAT on my credit report, they tossed my application. I live in California, and recently saw on the news that in Arizona it is now against the law to do credit checks for certain jobs, and that California will be next. I wasn't going to be handling money at ALL, so yes, I am all for this law passing. Having "bad credit" does not mean the person is "bad with their finances" or incapable of being a good employee and doing a good job. Especially in THIS economy with people losing their homes. Still, I do feel if those who did the actual interview, also did the hiring, I'd have gotten the position. You will be notified by mail If you are accepted for a second interview (panel), or in my case, if you are not accepted for the position. The letter states the usual "We will keep your resume on file should any positions come up that we feel you would be suited for." I checked out what they were wearing - business casual is what I would call it. I worse a skirt and blazer with boots, and was more "dressed up" than they were, but I always do that, no matter what the position. Better to be over-dressed, than have them think you did not care. At any rate, as disappointing as it was, since the office I'd have been working in was so close to my home, the interview process (at least to the point I got to) was VERY positive. The two women were SO nice that they even spoke with me personally, not just about the job. They asked what I knew about the company, then told me a bit about it. They asked what I would do if I had a problem with a co-worker. I replied that I try my hardest to stay out of office "politics" and in-fighting and they were very glad to hear that. They stated that they all get along in this particular office, and are friends and there is none of that catty back stabbing. I told them that was a HUGE relief, because of having worked in offices that did have that, I knew how it affects the way the office runs. They were very concerned about teamwork, and I had written on my application that they had not seen yet, that this was something that was very important to me. The job has good benefits, and they stated they pay the average rate. I have no clue what that rate is, and honestly did not care. I'd have taken that job had it been only 5.00 an hour just because it would have been a GREAT place to work!

Interview Questions

• For me, the hardest question was "What do you know about our company?"   1 Answer