Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.6

Clinician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Lengthy, took too long. It can be very convoluted as the organization is so big and if you speak to more than one person, you may get a different answer.

There was a little room for negotiation but not much.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Took forever - about two months from application to offer. Overall a pretty average experience. One person I spoke with demonstrated a complete lack of professionalism by asking where I was from.

Licensed Social Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

There is usually a long wait because first you interview with the recruiter, then with the discipline supervisor at the regional office. The wait between the interviews is very long. I was told that this process would take a long time because the regional office was "slow". I was surprised.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any unexpected questions at the interview. The most unexpected question at a job interview elsewhere was what my 3 favorite TV shows were.   Answer Question

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in June 2014.

I loved Eileen Rowland. She has a deep understanding of nursing and is eager to make a good fit between new employee and job. All interviewers were confident experts in their fields. Interviews were short, clear, and relaxed. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you get so much academic preparation?   View Answer
    Mutually respectful.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Several interviews, screening, initial, and panel final interview. Some points it appeared as though the goal of the panel interview was to disorient the applicant.

There was no negotiation

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Must submit resume with clinical experience
    Interview with HR
    Interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress and manage your personal life versus work?   Answer Question
    salary is set by union contract

Organizational Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in November 2013.

Application Material (submitted electronically): Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample
    Application Process: submit application and then called-in for 1:1 interview in NY HQ
    Interview Process: 1:1 with two different managers and then informal discussion with current intern

During the interview I was treated with respect, people were very friendly and polite. The first interviewer asked me general questions and the climate was more that of a casual chat. The second, higher ranked interviewer asked me typical questions such as "why did you choose to attend [X] University" and "why are you interested in VNSNY", but beyond that no difficulties. I then had the opportunity to informally discuss with the current intern.

I met with the three participants (interviewers and intern) on a 1:1 basis.

However, the interviewers avoided giving a direct answer to "tricky" questions from my part, for example "what is a negative aspect of working here", or "what is the men/women ratio and age distribution of your employees".

In general, I had a positive experience. Even though I did not get an offer, I have no bitter feelings. I would have probably rejected it because I did not see a good fit: not really challenging environment and too large an organization with lack of structure.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in March 2013.

fill out the application for paoli scholar on the VNSNY website and follow up with any recruiter. then you have to attach your resume and cover letter. they make you do a computer competency test if you are eligible for an interview

Interview Questions
    • i had to look at a patient's scenario and determine the care and priorities.   Answer Question
    it was fixed rate for the pay. I was given a phone call.

Physical Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Two interviews.

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable. Based on years of experience.

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in March 2008.

it was 1;1 very easy answer the questions why you want to do this etc you take a basic reading and writing test and then they tell you if you passed and you buy the uniforms and handbook and come back they give you the 3 week course and then your certified to go into the feild