Visiting Nurse Service of New York Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Home Care Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

I was per diem with another department through a staffing agency and got laid off. I was then being rearranged to interview with the current department and got a full time position.
    The staffing agency part was very easy. Submitted my resume, interview process with the staffing agency was a joke. Paid my fees to health checks and they matched me with the MLTC liaison position which was in huge demand, attracting a lot of new RN's. For the MLTC position I was put in for an interview in the Bronx region and got in after one brief interview - they were basically taking everyone. Then a huge audit hit the agency, and interviews starts happening for other positions in the agency.
    I was interviewing at a couple of locations for the same job and every time I learned more about this current role. When I finally interviewed for this position, I already have a good idea of what this job is about and impressed the interviewer/regional manager with my knowledge and personality. I then interviewed with the regional director who basically asked me the same questions as the regional manager but rather casually since the manager already put in a good word for me after initial interview. I was then supposed to meet the regional VP but never happened.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about this job?   View Answer
    • We have a lot of competitors within the institutions where we try to build up business. How would you handle yourself in this situation?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.
    Don't think it was negotiable either.

Clinician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Lengthy, took too long. It can be very convoluted as the organization is so big and if you speak to more than one person, you may get a different answer.

There was a little room for negotiation but not much.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Took forever - about two months from application to offer. Overall a pretty average experience. One person I spoke with demonstrated a complete lack of professionalism by asking where I was from.

Licensed Social Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

There is usually a long wait because first you interview with the recruiter, then with the discipline supervisor at the regional office. The wait between the interviews is very long. I was told that this process would take a long time because the regional office was "slow". I was surprised.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any unexpected questions at the interview. The most unexpected question at a job interview elsewhere was what my 3 favorite TV shows were.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in August 2014.

Interviewer Deb was LATE 20 mins they had me sit in a corner in front of her office. Then she came in and didnt particularly want to discuss my qualifications just what happened with my old job. I informed her that we lost the contract with the MTA. Then she says o so you were fired. RUDE. I then explained that 678 ppl were fired but i was wondering why she was so focus on this when i didnt really plan on discussing the past. I moved on and thats why im here. I didnt get the job maybe i shouldnt have fed into her button pushing but after waiting for her to arrive and then being spoken to so harshly i decided it was for the best.

Interview Questions
    • What happened to your last job where you worked for 4 years   View Answer

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in June 2014.

I loved Eileen Rowland. She has a deep understanding of nursing and is eager to make a good fit between new employee and job. All interviewers were confident experts in their fields. Interviews were short, clear, and relaxed. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you get so much academic preparation?   View Answer
    Mutually respectful.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Several interviews, screening, initial, and panel final interview. Some points it appeared as though the goal of the panel interview was to disorient the applicant.

There was no negotiation

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Must submit resume with clinical experience
    Interview with HR
    Interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress and manage your personal life versus work?   Answer Question
    salary is set by union contract

Organizational Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in November 2013.

Application Material (submitted electronically): Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample
    Application Process: submit application and then called-in for 1:1 interview in NY HQ
    Interview Process: 1:1 with two different managers and then informal discussion with current intern

During the interview I was treated with respect, people were very friendly and polite. The first interviewer asked me general questions and the climate was more that of a casual chat. The second, higher ranked interviewer asked me typical questions such as "why did you choose to attend [X] University" and "why are you interested in VNSNY", but beyond that no difficulties. I then had the opportunity to informally discuss with the current intern.

I met with the three participants (interviewers and intern) on a 1:1 basis.

However, the interviewers avoided giving a direct answer to "tricky" questions from my part, for example "what is a negative aspect of working here", or "what is the men/women ratio and age distribution of your employees".

In general, I had a positive experience. Even though I did not get an offer, I have no bitter feelings. I would have probably rejected it because I did not see a good fit: not really challenging environment and too large an organization with lack of structure.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in March 2013.

fill out the application for paoli scholar on the VNSNY website and follow up with any recruiter. then you have to attach your resume and cover letter. they make you do a computer competency test if you are eligible for an interview

Interview Questions
    • i had to look at a patient's scenario and determine the care and priorities.   Answer Question
    it was fixed rate for the pay. I was given a phone call.