Vista Equity Partners

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vista Equity Partners in October 2014.

After applying online, I received a link to an online aptitude and personality test. The aptitude test included basic finance math (leverage, easy DCF, WACC related, etc) as well as problem and pattern solving. Once that was completed, I was contacted via email for a phone interview. The interview had no technical questions. The guy was very nice and essentially had me walk through my resume, talk about my experience, and why I was interested in the firm. After that, I had a second phone interview. This guy was friendly, but did not seem as interested. Perhaps they have already selected someone? At one point he asked me what PE was and I included an example of turning around an unprofitable firm; he then proceeded to semi-lecture me about how PE was not only involved with unprofitable firms, but I CLEARLY stated that PE firms work to improve firms, such as unprofitable ones, and they also work with profitable firms...So it wasn't very reassuring that I so obviously did not have his full attention. Still, it was once again talking about my resume and my interest in PE and the firm, so nothing technical. Unsurprisingly, I was not invited back for a final round, which was to be located at their Texas location.

Other Interview Reviews for Vista Equity Partners

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vista Equity Partners in October 2011.

Had an on campus interview with one of the analysts at Vista Equity Partners. Had a nice experience discussing my interests and walking through my resume. But some of the Finance questions were really difficult for a non-Finance major. Vista appears to be a great place to start, but employees there probably work long hours.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vista Equity Partners.

on campus recruiting + in person final rounds. Some schools had phone interviews. They have a test as well. You take it online and another in person.

straightforward questions. seems they place a lot of value on standardized tests. crapshoot if you get it just because there are so many smart candidates. Know why PE, why not banking etc.. It seems they do not really care about prior work experience.

Interview Questions
    • What other offers did you get? What colleges did u apply to and get into? What math classes have you taken? What other companies are you looking at specifically? Why them over us?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vista Equity Partners in March 2011.

I took an online test with a number of patterns to be completed. Later this was followed by a phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for them and what on my resume lent itself to the job. They also asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working for Vista Equity Partners?   Answer Question
    • What on your resume prepares you for this position?   Answer Question