Vista Equity Partners

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vista Equity Partners.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, and was emailed a link to an online aptitude test. The test was easy, and more or less a waste of time, but I was not as offended by it as another user was. I then received an email requesting that I send them the times that I was available for a telephone interview during the next two days, which I did. A week later, when I still had yet to hear back from them and was about to email an inquiry as to my status, I received a form email saying that they were pursuing other candidates. They didn't even bother to customize the email with my name, much less tell me why they offered me an interview but then rejected me without conducting it. I saw a few other users here say that they are not the most courteous with interview scheduling, so my main take away would to absolutely not waste your time researching this company until you are about to walk in the door for an interview, as just because they have offered you one does not mean you will actually get it. Personally, I would think twice about working for a company whose HR department thinks it is okay to treat people this way.

Interview Question – The online aptitude test was somewhat unexpected, but quite easy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in May 2013.

Interview Details – They got back after a few days, then a few weeks of phone, in house, and more phone interviews. Basic questions, a really nice in house staff. HR decided to forget to tell me that they removed the position altogether, which is a bummer, but overall it was a pleasant experience with the actual associates and managers. They seemed really sweet but understaffed at the time and HR a bit of a mess.

Interview Question – Things like explain why Vista, etc. Make sure you know their company.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview with one of the analysts at Vista Equity Partners. Had a nice experience discussing my interests and walking through my resume. But some of the Finance questions were really difficult for a non-Finance major. Vista appears to be a great place to start, but employees there probably work long hours.

Interview Questions

Private Equity Software Analyst Interview

Private Equity Software Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in March 2011.

Interview Details – First you will be given an online test which consists about 7parts. The test is kind of challenging. If you pass the test, you will be given a telephone interview which only asks me to go through my resume. It seems like the interviewer was not really intereted in me. He did not interrupt my talk to ask some question even once.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vista Equity Partners.

Interview Details – on campus recruiting + in person final rounds. Some schools had phone interviews. They have a test as well. You take it online and another in person.

straightforward questions. seems they place a lot of value on standardized tests. crapshoot if you get it just because there are so many smart candidates. Know why PE, why not banking etc.. It seems they do not really care about prior work experience.

Interview Question – What other offers did you get? What colleges did u apply to and get into? What math classes have you taken? What other companies are you looking at specifically? Why them over us?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vista Equity Partners.

Interview Details – I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to a general hr account. Fairly quickly I was sent a standard reply e-mail with instructions on how to set up an on-line 2.5 hour "aptitude test". I have six years worth of education. Undergraduate and graduate level business degrees. I have worked in various companies, and even for my state legislature. The supreme arrogance of a company to give a half cracked attempt at both a personality and IQ test was beyond insulting. I get the logic, Fiedler's task identifiers would really get off on this type of HR shinanigans. In no way would this be considered a relevant way to collect data in an academic environment. First, the divergent qualitative and quantitative nature of the test is a poor indicator of aptitude/personality especially when there are zero controls. Second, for an EA position? Really? Without ANY other contact or interview?

Interview Question – The aptitude test is something that if you chose to take should be done in a quite area with a calculator and a great internet connection. I didn't have a good internet connection and my timed sections reflected this.   Answer Question

Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in March 2011.

Interview Details – I took an online test with a number of patterns to be completed. Later this was followed by a phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for them and what on my resume lent itself to the job. They also asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Vista Equity Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vista Equity Partners interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vista Equity Partners employees and interview candidates.