Vista Health System Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vista Health System

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vista Health System (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from HR within a week. Went in for interview 1 week later. First met with HR Director in a very brief interview. Was handed a benefit overview booklet at the end of the interview and was brought to meet with the Director of the department which was another very brief interview. Department manager was answering phone calls and text messages during interview. Very little time to ask questions. The interview process seemed very rushed and unorganized. Was offered a position on the spot and told to look for a formal offer via email. 1 week later received formal offer from HR. After asking questions regarding pay and scheduling, 1 day later I received another email revoking the offer stating they were unable to meet by "demands" and that I "wouldn't be satisfied in the department." Very unprofessional overall.

Interview Questions

• None. By both interviewees I was asked what I do at my current position and why I wanted to work in this specific department   Answer Question

Once offer was received I asked for a slight raise in pay, and what were the required weekends/holidays. 1 day later offer was revoked and was told that they were unable to meet my "demands"

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vista Health System (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

The interview process was simple. I applied online and was contacted by HR about 3 weeks later. I went for an initial interview with the HR rep, and then spoke with the Department Director immediately after. The interview questions were simple and basic, like "what are your strengths" and "why do you want this job" etc etc. I was then called back about two weeks later to come back to interview with another Director, which was also a quick and easy interview. It took a while to hear back from them, it was about another month before HR finally called me back and made me an offer. I accepted the offer and started two weeks later.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vista Health System (Waukegan, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

This organization does not know how to interview. I was not asked one valid interview question. I was told many statements, but never asked any questions. The "peer interview," was a joke. They were more interested in eating lunch. I asked all of the question. The CNO and CEO were both over a half hour late and then just gave me statements and again asked me no questions. The interview was drug oput over three weeks. I guess this should have been a tip off to what a terrible place this is to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was some room for negotiation. They do offer a competitive salary. The benefits are not great.