Vistaar Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vistaar Technologies in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer seemed not to have sound knowledge of English!
-He was making silly mistakes while asking/framing questions

Interview Question – -All questions were staightforward
-No challenging questions
-Questions were from TCS.Infosys question papers
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was way below par my expectations!

Applications Consultant Interview

Applications Consultant
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaar Technologies.

Interview Details – Was in India. Two Interviews mostly on puzzles

Trainee Interview

Trainee

Interviewed at Vistaar Technologies

Interview Details – There was one aptitude round and post that there were 2 technical rounds of discussions with very senior technical persons from the company.
After that there was HR discussions as well.

Interview Question – Tell us why would you like to join such a small firm? How will you assure that you will join us?   Answer Question

Applications Consultant Interview

Applications Consultant
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaar Technologies in April 2009.

Interview Details – The process is rigorous. The main focus is of course on the technology. Prepare on Data structures and algorithms. They focus on efficiency of your code/algorithm. They ask at least two puzzles to test your problem solving skills. Since an application consultant faces clients too, they will judge you by your communication skills.

Interview Question – They asked me to write a program to traverse through a doubly linked list, then asked me to optimize the code, which I did. But they kept asking me to optimize even after that.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are out of question for the most part. compensation may be the only flexible part of the discussion.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vistaar Technologies in March 2012.

Interview Details – aptitude test which includes MCQs on Quant and 2 programs in data structure

Interview Question – how to recognize a loop in a link list if it contains millions of nodes?   View Answer

Quality Consultant Interview

Quality Consultant
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaar Technologies in July 2011.

Interview Details – 2 technical rounds with analytical and 1 HR and 1 senior management round.

Interview Question – Mathematical puzzles   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, accepted as it is.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vistaar Technologies in January 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 technical rounds.In the first round technical questions were asked on java,sql,operating systems and one quiz question.
In the second question skills questions were asked and also questions on programming were asked.

Interview Questions

• There are 2 ropes and i have plenty of matchsticks.Each rope burns for 60 mins and there is no uniform heating which means if i cut the rope in two equal halves it is not neccessary that it will burn for 30 minutes.
    I have no watch and have to measure 15 mins.How will I measure ?
      View Answer
  • i have a gold plate of 15 cm.i have one employee.If he works satisfactorily for one day i will award him with 1cm.i have a scissor.Each time i cut a plate there is some amount of loss in the gold plate.i want to make this loss minimal.and i want to award him each day.   View Answer

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaar Technologies in August 2011.

Interview Details – First they had an aptitude test in our college. Selected students were called at there office for interview.
Interview started with some simple but tricky puzzles. After 2-3 puzzles interviewer moved to technical questions. He asked me to write 2 programs which were very simple. then he asked some modifications to it.
Then he asked some questions on java. Topics were threads,polymorphism , inner classes, synchronization.
Then he moved to data structures. he asked difference between various data structures. Then he asked some questions on Operating systems and database management.

In 2nd interview interviewer again asked 2 puzzles to solve. Then he asked some questions on my projects.
Then some personality check questions.

Interview Questions

• Synchronization in OS? and Synchronization in Threads?
    (they were different question.)
      View Answer
  • Explain "cloud computing" to me assuming i am a lay man?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Vistaar Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vistaar Technologies interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vistaar Technologies employees and interview candidates.