Vistage International

Updated Feb 6, 2015
Updated Feb 6, 2015

3.1

Chair Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vistage International.

Very in depth, a lot of tests to see if you are right for the job, very heavy on those results to attain the job. At least 4 interviews before an offer is given. The interviewer was very nice and in depth in his approach.

Interview Questions
    • Consulting type questions, business management and function, problem solving skills, coaching, conflict management.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vistage International in September 2014.

I was contacted by a placement agency for a full-time position at Vistage. Immediately I was scheduled a phone interview. I asked about the phone interview logistics and was told I would be called by the hiring manager. Scheduled 30 mins I was called ~ 15 minutes late and ended on-time. There was two people on the call but only one introduced herself. There were no introductions and the call started awkward. When I showed interest of the unique service line, I got crickets.

Interview Questions
    • Answering questions about my duties and tasks as a BA without giving depth.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistage International in July 2013.

Scheduled a 30 minute phone interview that ended curtly after 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I don't care about all of your management experience, I just want you to tell me about business requirements you did in the past few years.   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Vistage International in April 2011.

Interview process was drawn out with different people throughout 40 days giving the impression there would be an offer after 5 interviews. The last interview was with the Chief of HR which I've never heard of a title. That should have said something with about his ego. My impression after that interview as that I did not want to work for this company since the head of HR said that he didn't have to like an employee. I disagree and think that you do have to like the people you work with. Do your research before wasting your time.

Interview Questions
    • Your personality test shows that you look for other persons approval and respect. That was a negative in the interviewer's opinion.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistage International in January 2010.

Very straight forward phone interview...the usual questions. Followed up with thank you notes and got the standard decline email from HR. No personal attention or effort at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when things didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistage International in August 2009.

At the leadership level, the process is long and you meet just about everyone.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistage International in March 2009.

Most entry level contributor are hired through temp agencies so you don't meet them until your paper review meets their standards. Once you arrive you meet with the HR Coordinator who is not involved in the role, so prepare as many day-to-day questions about the job with the position's manager if possible.

Interview Questions
    went through a temp agency which took 3 days in between their response, and vistage's response

Senior Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vistage International in January 2009.

Clear, decisive. Felt good about Proces

Straight forward

Sales Management Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vistage International in October 2009.

The interview consisted of phone and in-person interviews and an "entrepreneurial survey" or personality test. This test is administered by a company called Objective Management Group and it's very vague. I've taken many of these tests before and have had very favorable results. This test was somewhat difficult to answer, the questions are vary vaguely worded. If you go to OMG's site, it will give you a lot of tips to help you pass the test, but I chose to take it without that kind of advantage. I wish I had read the tips, as the test is very strangely structured and, I personally believe, a lot of bunk.

I tend to think that the hiring manager relies too heavily on these test results because he may not have the confidence in his own perceptions to make hiring decisions. The hiring manager isn't from a sales background. The interview was pleasant and interesting, but the company's reliance on these test results is way too significant.

I think it was blessing in disguise not to be hired. While waiting for my in-person interview, I saw several employees. No one was smiling, most had their jaws clenched or were looking down with long faces while walking around the office.

Interview Questions
    • From the survey: "How long do take to make a major purchase decision?"   View Answer
    • From the survey: "A major purchase for you is over what amount?"   View Answer