Vistage International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Vistage International in July 2013.

Interview Details – Scheduled a 30 minute phone interview that ended curtly after 15 minutes.

Interview Question – I don't care about all of your management experience, I just want you to tell me about business requirements you did in the past few years.   View Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vistage International in January 2009.

Interview Details – Clear, decisive. Felt good about Proces

Interview Question – Create. Business plan in 15 minutes   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward

Very Easy Interview

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistage International in March 2009.

Interview Details – Most entry level contributor are hired through temp agencies so you don't meet them until your paper review meets their standards. Once you arrive you meet with the HR Coordinator who is not involved in the role, so prepare as many day-to-day questions about the job with the position's manager if possible.

Interview Question – have you done this before   View Answer

Negotiation Details – went through a temp agency which took 3 days in between their response, and vistage's response

Sales Interview

Sales
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Vistage International in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was drawn out with different people throughout 40 days giving the impression there would be an offer after 5 interviews. The last interview was with the Chief of HR which I've never heard of a title. That should have said something with about his ego. My impression after that interview as that I did not want to work for this company since the head of HR said that he didn't have to like an employee. I disagree and think that you do have to like the people you work with. Do your research before wasting your time.

Interview Question – Your personality test shows that you look for other persons approval and respect. That was a negative in the interviewer's opinion.   View Answer

Recruiting Interview

Recruiting
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistage International in August 2009.

Interview Details – At the leadership level, the process is long and you meet just about everyone.

Interview Questions

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistage International in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very straight forward phone interview...the usual questions. Followed up with thank you notes and got the standard decline email from HR. No personal attention or effort at all.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when things didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Sales Management Interview

Sales Management

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistage International in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of phone and in-person interviews and an "entrepreneurial survey" or personality test. This test is administered by a company called Objective Management Group and it's very vague. I've taken many of these tests before and have had very favorable results. This test was somewhat difficult to answer, the questions are vary vaguely worded. If you go to OMG's site, it will give you a lot of tips to help you pass the test, but I chose to take it without that kind of advantage. I wish I had read the tips, as the test is very strangely structured and, I personally believe, a lot of bunk.

I tend to think that the hiring manager relies too heavily on these test results because he may not have the confidence in his own perceptions to make hiring decisions. The hiring manager isn't from a sales background. The interview was pleasant and interesting, but the company's reliance on these test results is way too significant.

I think it was blessing in disguise not to be hired. While waiting for my in-person interview, I saw several employees. No one was smiling, most had their jaws clenched or were looking down with long faces while walking around the office.

Interview Questions

• From the survey: "How long do take to make a major purchase decision?"   View Answer
  • From the survey: "A major purchase for you is over what amount?"   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Vistage International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vistage International interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vistage International employees and interview candidates.