Vistakon

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Technician Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Vistakon in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviews mostly which did not pertain to my specific position but more of what kind of person I was and general business information like what is GMP (good manufacturing procedures) and what is six sigma. What were my goals in the company and a basic rundown of past employment and qualifications. You have to start at this company as a temp employee with Kelly services and work full time you have two years to prove your worth and get hired on permanent. So some of the questions deal with what you have accomplished so far.

Interview Question – What is six sigma and how does it pertain to you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What my pay would be. What was expected of me and was told of all the benefits I would receive when hired on really wasn't any negotiating all process tech start at the same level and the more you learn and how quick the faster you move up in the company.

Territory Business Manager Interview

Territory Business Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Vistakon.

Interview Details – 2 with district manager, 1 field ride with current representative, 1 with regional director (fly to Jacksonville), 1 more for offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you received negative feedback from a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Refuted first offer, had to show proof of last company's offer to get then to come close to meeting my old salary. They did come close though so I accepted.

Optical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vistakon in May 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter for Vistakon got in touch with me while I was working for a direct competitor. I believe I was about 2 years into my job, and although it seemed like Vistakon's opening was a position at about the same level, I kept an open mind and a phone interview was scheduled. Initially, it was with a manager type who's name I forgot, but a couple hours before the scheduled interview, it was changed to an optical engineer named Greg. Greg told me during the interview that he goes way back with my PhD advisor which was good news as I thought we could then go deeper in our conversation. However, upon talking to my PhD advisor the next day, he said he never heard of him, and I remain confused till this day.

Interview Question – There was really only one question: why are you most excited about for this position? Most of the conversation was basically navigating around my current work at the time, and since I couldn't disclose any of it, it made for some awkward, interesting, and challenging conversation.   View Answer

Quality Control Interview

Quality Control
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vistakon in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was just a bit of a wait to hear back after applying to a position, only because of the background check process! Over-all, not bad at all when I compare it to my interview with a bank for a P.B. Postion. ( Banks don't play around! ) of coarse I was still nervous when I went in for the interview. Considering, it's one of the largest companies in the world. Like all other interviews, if you do your homework and preparation then you should not have a problem! They strongly encourage promotion from within the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have good vision and a posses a little above average mechanical understanding.   View Answer
  • Can a person apply without any experience? Do they train you or expect you to hit the ground running?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's not much to bargain, pretty much everything down to how much you make, to when you are capable of getting raises and reaching bonuses etc...

Director of Research Operations Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistakon in August 2009.

Interview Details – I received and responded an unsolicited email on my work account. After a few discussions, which were actually phone interviews, I met with the Regional VP on site and the current Director of Research Operations. The meeting went well. Both were very cordial. I made a good impression with the Director, but not with the VP. If I would have done a better job connecting with him, I would have been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager would you like to have?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle working with a team that was older than you and had more experience working in the field than you?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist II Interview

Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistakon in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was initially called for a phone interview after my application was found on-line. BAsed on my performanace I was flown to Florida for a face to face interview, where I was interview by about people over the course of the day ranging form HR, the hiring manager and people from other divisions. I was asked about my doctorate and and talked about how I could relate it to my job. The people were great and I often wonder if I made the right decision about turning it down, but, se la vie.

Reason for Declining – It was a tough decision between two very good opportunities. Ultimately, I chse to decline the posotion beacue of the location and the liklihood that my wife would be able to find meaningful work as well. She was interview at Vistakon and was well received, but without a clear understanding of wnat was to happen I did not feel comfortable with the move.

R&D Interview

R&D

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistakon in April 2007.

Interview Details – I had an interview at at conference, then a follow up phone interview and was offered the position within a week. Everyone is pretty nice there and friendly. The work was pretty easy and everyone seemed laid back. I only was there for a few months as an intern, so I may have a limited perception.

Interview Question – Name an instance when you saved your company large sums of money.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vistakon in February 2011.

Interview Details – "Tell me about yourself" is the only question you should be prepared to answer... Never had an interview like that before. But, pretty easy. It seems they truly just want you to provide an overview of your experience and how each previous position relates to the one you're applying for.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Vistakon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vistakon interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vistakon employees and interview candidates.