Vistaprint

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – Internal reference, but excessive interview process relative to the position and salary. I'm not sure the people interviewing really know what they want or at least don't seem to clearly articulate the context of their questions and concerns.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult on the surface.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke to a recruiter who went over possible positions for me. Went into the interview for 6 hours with 5 different people. The first 4 interviews were coding tests, and the 4th one specifically was revolving around classes and OOP (coupons and coupon codes). The 5th interview was a thought question on how to optimize a specific system.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Senior CopyWriter
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2010.

Interview Details – Vistaprint has an extensive interview process. By meeting with multiple people who you will be working with, the company builds consensus -- before you start -- about whether you have the skills and personality to be a good fit. Back-to-back interviews can be grueling, so be well rested and think through the many dimensions of your work and people skills before you arrive. The first day I interviewed (for about six hours), there was no offer of the bathroom or snacks. On the second day of interviews (another six hours), I spoke up and asked for quick breaks as I needed them. Now, when people come in for long interviews, they are given snack packs...which is great.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions. Each interview was filled with expected questions from each stakeholder.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

Interview Details – Vistaprint has a fairly thorough yet quick interviewing process. First, you get a call from the recruiter to discuss which job opportunities are available. Next, you speak with the hiring manager in a phone interview. The last step is a onsite interview with the hiring manager and the few other people that you would be working with.

Interview Question – The technical questions are general sysadmin type questions. An admin with at least 2 years experience should be able to answer them no problem. The interviews are interactive so there is a lot of whiteboard demonstrations.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – HR setup an initial technical phone interview with a QA engineer and the screening lasted an hour. Questions asked:
Explain the database model for Airlines, How do you test a calculator, Different testing techniques you used, How do you test the high risk areas of an application differently than other areas, Explain the automation framework you have developed, How do you test an application with multiple sets of data, What was your role in last project, What did you learn from your last project.
I cleared the phone interview and went in for a face to face which consited of half day with 4 different interviewers and vistaprint sponsored lunch.
I was in a very small room with a board.
First round was with automation engineer
1) object oriented programming basic concepts definitions, and one simple coding exercise, you can write in any language you are familiar with
2) DBMS definitions questions. Then he will give a printed database design and ask queries to write on board based on that DB model.
Second round was QA methodologies kind of questions.
Third round was problem solving
Lunch
4th round was with QA manager, he would ask behavioral and past experience questions
HR will come back and do wrap up.
They told they will take a decision in 2 days and let me know. But havent heard back from them yet.

Interview Question – Not so difficult for very long process.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. Asked back for multiple interviews. Had to solve case studies, even though I have years of experience and a solid track record.

Interview Question – Could you come back again for even more interviews?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – These folks take far too long to make decisions. I ended up talking to the same person multiple times, and they wanted me to loop back after talking to yet more people. It's amazing that they ever get to hire anyone since most companies move faster.

Communications Interview

Communications
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Interview Details – Process included submission of CV and Cover Letter online. Getting phone interview was the result of a referral from a network recruiter. Phone interview was brief (15 minutes) with interviewer stating that they were not going to match me for the position.

Interview Question – There was a gap in the time that I performed a role similar to the one described in the job listing which was ultimately the reason the interviewer gave for not matching me to the role.   View Answer

Senior QA Interview

Senior QA
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter was really supportive from beginning till end but it all worth nothing. They have 1 phone interview then onsite round which would be like whole day activity. Interview consisted of behavioral, logical, just scenario based seeking leadership qualities and one technical. Basically they would engage your for whole day with various anonymous rounds)
They have one developer to take your technical round who will usually ask database question and simple query and one simple coding question-level of question is too low. if you know more than developer then you are wrong because he did not understand what you tried to explain. He asked me to implement database and I designed database using one of most popular data model which helps improving performance for Big data. Since developer did not had any knowledge about big data, data modelling, star schema..so he kept asking me importance of fact table which was frustrating.
I already had an offer which was way more than what Vistaprint could afford so they came back with silly feedback that developer didn't see what he was looking for which means my candidacy was totally dependent on single interviewer(that Developer who had shallow knowledge) and rest of the rounds were useless and just a waste of time. Out of 6 rounds which all went well from my side, I was told only technical round mattered .
So Unprofessional..bad interview experience.They interview level is easy but its all adhoc and random. some of the interviewer might not show up so juts random unprepared employee would be send in to kill your time

Interview Question – Dealing with technical people with shallow knowledge   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles.
If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now.

There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions

• Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
  • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state?
    The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Interview Question – Write class diagrams for a robotic waiter system.   Answer Question

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!