Vistaprint Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
104 interviews

3.2

Associate Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

I originally applied for a different position at VistaPrint. About a week later, I was contacted by a recruiter asking my interest in the Associate Analyst position. I showed my interest and an interview was set up a few days later with the hiring manager. The interview was pretty straight forward. However, after learning more about the position during the interview, I became aware that this position was not a good match for me. I was pretty bummed out, especially because the recruiter reached out to me for this position that I did not originally apply for.

Interview Questions
    • There was no curve balls asked during the interview. Every question was very straight forward about my experience and skill set.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I ended up applying late, but this process was still the best of all the internships I"ve interviewed for. I submitted my resume on a Tuesday, got a call back on Wednesday, set up interviews for Thursday morning, and had the offer by Thursday afternoon. The campus recruiting office is the BEST - very helpful, informative, nice, etc.
    I did the actual interviews via the phone, and did coding over a collaboration coding tool (via the internet) and over google docs. The interviewers were really nice and helpful, and I got a good vibe from them. Interview questions were unsurprising and kinda standard.
    1.) OOP design question (Design an elevator system, and they gave me some scenarios to consider while building). Be prepped to do a UML diagram.
    2.) Pretty simple geometry algorithm question that was sort of like your classic box-packing problem. You shouldn't need to prep too much for this one... it's really easy to overthink though, so be wary of that.

Interview Questions
    • The elevator design was challenging just because there is no right answer. The most important thing there is to clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing.   Answer Question
    I'm an intern. I was surprised at how high it was that I didn't think fast enough to start negotiating.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Internal reference, but excessive interview process relative to the position and salary. I'm not sure the people interviewing really know what they want or at least don't seem to clearly articulate the context of their questions and concerns.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Spoke to a recruiter who went over possible positions for me. Went into the interview for 6 hours with 5 different people. The first 4 interviews were coding tests, and the 4th one specifically was revolving around classes and OOP (coupons and coupon codes). The 5th interview was a thought question on how to optimize a specific system.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2010.

Vistaprint has an extensive interview process. By meeting with multiple people who you will be working with, the company builds consensus -- before you start -- about whether you have the skills and personality to be a good fit. Back-to-back interviews can be grueling, so be well rested and think through the many dimensions of your work and people skills before you arrive. The first day I interviewed (for about six hours), there was no offer of the bathroom or snacks. On the second day of interviews (another six hours), I spoke up and asked for quick breaks as I needed them. Now, when people come in for long interviews, they are given snack packs...which is great.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions. Each interview was filled with expected questions from each stakeholder.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

Vistaprint has a fairly thorough yet quick interviewing process. First, you get a call from the recruiter to discuss which job opportunities are available. Next, you speak with the hiring manager in a phone interview. The last step is a onsite interview with the hiring manager and the few other people that you would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions are general sysadmin type questions. An admin with at least 2 years experience should be able to answer them no problem. The interviews are interactive so there is a lot of whiteboard demonstrations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Vistaprint.

The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Questions
    • Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Called me to schedule an interview a couple of days in advance. Consisted of 2 one hour interviews. One was more on the system design side the other was more on the algorithm creating side.

Interview Questions
    • none where difficult. I was asked to design an elevator. next was to create an algorithm to predict how many sheets are needed to print a certain number of graphics.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Vistaprint.

HR setup an initial technical phone interview with a QA engineer and the screening lasted an hour. Questions asked:
    Explain the database model for Airlines, How do you test a calculator, Different testing techniques you used, How do you test the high risk areas of an application differently than other areas, Explain the automation framework you have developed, How do you test an application with multiple sets of data, What was your role in last project, What did you learn from your last project.
    I cleared the phone interview and went in for a face to face which consited of half day with 4 different interviewers and vistaprint sponsored lunch.
    I was in a very small room with a board.
    First round was with automation engineer
    1) object oriented programming basic concepts definitions, and one simple coding exercise, you can write in any language you are familiar with
    2) DBMS definitions questions. Then he will give a printed database design and ask queries to write on board based on that DB model.
    Second round was QA methodologies kind of questions.
    Third round was problem solving
    Lunch
    4th round was with QA manager, he would ask behavioral and past experience questions
    HR will come back and do wrap up.
    They told they will take a decision in 2 days and let me know. But havent heard back from them yet.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Long and drawn out. Asked back for multiple interviews. Had to solve case studies, even though I have years of experience and a solid track record.

Interview Questions

These folks take far too long to make decisions. I ended up talking to the same person multiple times, and they wanted me to loop back after talking to yet more people. It's amazing that they ever get to hire anyone since most companies move faster.

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!