Vistaprint

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

After an online test, I was asked to take a phone interview basically about behavior questions. It lasted about 15 minutes. I waited for 2 weeks to take this interview due to the large number of people applied for this job.

Software Engineer Interview

Emailed a recruiter and he replied over a month later around April. Had an initial, short interview with him that was a simple screening. Nothing technical. Was passed on to the next round where I had two, one-hour interviews. First was an object-oriented design problem and the second was a coding problem.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Just wasn't focused during the time of the interview. The coding problem involved finding the number of sheets required to print an array of objects.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I got in touch with them through a college career fair. First I had an analytic test which was done through internet. A couple of days later they told me I had made it to the second round. Which was an on-campus behavioral interview. This interview was ok, I thought I had done very well but they didn't contact me after it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in November 2014.

I applied to vistaprint at a career fair on campus and gave them my resume. The next week a got a phone call asking for an interview the following day. It consisted of two 1 hour interviews given by different people. The first interview I was asked to solve a variation of the 2d box-packing problem. The second interview asked me to design an elevator.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question of to design an elevator simply because it was very open-ended.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Since I was older than most of the folks I was going to be working with, the hiring manager had older software QA engineers from other groups interview me. It was a 6 hour in-person interview and prior to that several phone interviews with HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Analysis of several case studies. What I would test, what assumptions I made, etc...
      They even took the scrap paper that I was writing to figure out the problems

Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in October 2014.

I applied through a career fair and received two one hour interviews back to back. The questions were pretty simple on the outset, so it was mostly a test of one's thinking process and thoroughness. The interviews were almost entirely answering coding questions. There wasn't strictly a behavioral portion; just a chance to ask the interviewers about their positions. Be prepared to mention what projects you've worked on, though.

Interview Questions
    • Design an elevator shaft using object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint.

I applied on campus and had an on campus interview. The process was organized and I met with each person for an hour. I interviewed with two developers. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • One question was to design an algorithm to optimally fit different sized cards on a piece of paper. The second question covered object oriented design   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I ended up applying late, but this process was still the best of all the internships I"ve interviewed for. I submitted my resume on a Tuesday, got a call back on Wednesday, set up interviews for Thursday morning, and had the offer by Thursday afternoon. The campus recruiting office is the BEST - very helpful, informative, nice, etc.
    I did the actual interviews via the phone, and did coding over a collaboration coding tool (via the internet) and over google docs. The interviewers were really nice and helpful, and I got a good vibe from them. Interview questions were unsurprising and kinda standard.
    1.) OOP design question (Design an elevator system, and they gave me some scenarios to consider while building). Be prepped to do a UML diagram.
    2.) Pretty simple geometry algorithm question that was sort of like your classic box-packing problem. You shouldn't need to prep too much for this one... it's really easy to overthink though, so be wary of that.

Interview Questions
    • The elevator design was challenging just because there is no right answer. The most important thing there is to clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing.   Answer Question
    I'm an intern. I was surprised at how high it was that I didn't think fast enough to start negotiating.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Internal reference, but excessive interview process relative to the position and salary. I'm not sure the people interviewing really know what they want or at least don't seem to clearly articulate the context of their questions and concerns.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint.

The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Questions
    • Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate