Vistaprint

Getting the Interview

94 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters through a campus recruiting event - a couple of weeks later, received a call inviting me to interview with two engineers the next morning at my school's career lab. Went through two in-person technical interviews, both fairly straightforward: one design-focused interview and one quick coding problem. They called me up again two days later to give me an offer. The entire process was surprisingly quick, no complaints as far as that goes.

Interview Question – One open-ended question about object-oriented design, one quick coding problem to ensure that you actually can code on demand. Nothing too difficult, no specific knowledge of any particular language necessary.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Interviewed at Vistaprint

Interview Details – Tough interview process. First round interview consisted of a case study while the final interview round consisted of three one-hour long interviews. The culture at VistaPrint was great, and everyone there was very nice and welcoming. They made you want to work there. Very young culture. The interview session was set up so you were able to explore and learn more about the company the same day you were doing your final round interview for the job.

Interview Question – Name a time you worked with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – I applied to the internship online via the web portal provided by my university after meeting a company representative at the career fair. I was contacted after a week or so for a 2 hour interview with two different interviewers. The interview was heavily focused on object oriented programming and some behavior questions. They discussed my past projects.

Interview Question – Descibe a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

EMC Marketing Development Program Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a basic on campus interview that lasted between 30 and 45 minutes. Well over a month later I was invited to interview at their Hopkinton office. This was in a round robin format with about 10 other applicants. We each met with 5 or 6 people for about 30 minutes. They represented the different divisions and asked basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's Jobs and Internships Board, submitted my resume and everything, and then they scheduled on-campus interviews about two weeks after that. The interview was two hours and consisted of two parts: an OOP interview, and also a coding interview. I got an offer two days after that.

Interview Question – For the OOP interview, they asked me to draw and explain a UML about elevators. They then gave me three cases to think of.   Answer Question

Director, Communications Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received email from recruiter five days later, who set up a phone interview for a couple days later, which was a Monday. Phone conversation lasted maybe twenty minutes. Recruiter seemed to be just going through a checklist. Standard questions like why did you leave your last job, why do you want to work at Vistaprint. Said she was discussing all the candidates with the hiring manager this week and would get back to me by Friday. No other correspondence occurred with the company.

Interview Question – There were no behavioral questions or any that might be considered tough to answer.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Interview Details – Process included submission of CV and Cover Letter online. Getting phone interview was the result of a referral from a network recruiter. Phone interview was brief (15 minutes) with interviewer stating that they were not going to match me for the position.

Interview Question – There was a gap in the time that I performed a role similar to the one described in the job listing which was ultimately the reason the interviewer gave for not matching me to the role.   View Answer

Senior QA Interview

Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter was really supportive from beginning till end but it all worth nothing. They have 1 phone interview then onsite round which would be like whole day activity. Interview consisted of behavioral, logical, just scenario based seeking leadership qualities and one technical. Basically they would engage your for whole day with various anonymous rounds)
They have one developer to take your technical round who will usually ask database question and simple query and one simple coding question-level of question is too low. if you know more than developer then you are wrong because he did not understand what you tried to explain. He asked me to implement database and I designed database using one of most popular data model which helps improving performance for Big data. Since developer did not had any knowledge about big data, data modelling, star schema..so he kept asking me importance of fact table which was frustrating.
I already had an offer which was way more than what Vistaprint could afford so they came back with silly feedback that developer didn't see what he was looking for which means my candidacy was totally dependent on single interviewer(that Developer who had shallow knowledge) and rest of the rounds were useless and just a waste of time. Out of 6 rounds which all went well from my side, I was told only technical round mattered .
So Unprofessional..bad interview experience.They interview level is easy but its all adhoc and random. some of the interviewer might not show up so juts random unprepared employee would be send in to kill your time

Interview Question – Dealing with technical people with shallow knowledge   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles.
If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now.

There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions

• Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
  • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state?
    The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Software Engineer Interview

Lexington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Interview Question – Write class diagrams for a robotic waiter system.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vistaprint

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!

Vistaprint Videos

Vistaprint – Why Work for Us?

One of The Biggest Things to Ever Happen to Small Businesses. Founded in 1995 and having launched our first commercial website in 2000, Vistaprint is an e-commerce pioneer and the world’s leading online design and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vistaprint interview questions and advice. All 94 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vistaprint employees and interview candidates.