Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint.

I applied on campus and had an on campus interview. The process was organized and I met with each person for an hour. I interviewed with two developers. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • One question was to design an algorithm to optimally fit different sized cards on a piece of paper. The second question covered object oriented design   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I ended up applying late, but this process was still the best of all the internships I"ve interviewed for. I submitted my resume on a Tuesday, got a call back on Wednesday, set up interviews for Thursday morning, and had the offer by Thursday afternoon. The campus recruiting office is the BEST - very helpful, informative, nice, etc.
    I did the actual interviews via the phone, and did coding over a collaboration coding tool (via the internet) and over google docs. The interviewers were really nice and helpful, and I got a good vibe from them. Interview questions were unsurprising and kinda standard.
    1.) OOP design question (Design an elevator system, and they gave me some scenarios to consider while building). Be prepped to do a UML diagram.
    2.) Pretty simple geometry algorithm question that was sort of like your classic box-packing problem. You shouldn't need to prep too much for this one... it's really easy to overthink though, so be wary of that.

Interview Questions
    • The elevator design was challenging just because there is no right answer. The most important thing there is to clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing.   Answer Question
    I'm an intern. I was surprised at how high it was that I didn't think fast enough to start negotiating.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Internal reference, but excessive interview process relative to the position and salary. I'm not sure the people interviewing really know what they want or at least don't seem to clearly articulate the context of their questions and concerns.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint.

The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Questions
    • Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

Vistaprint has a fairly thorough yet quick interviewing process. First, you get a call from the recruiter to discuss which job opportunities are available. Next, you speak with the hiring manager in a phone interview. The last step is a onsite interview with the hiring manager and the few other people that you would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions are general sysadmin type questions. An admin with at least 2 years experience should be able to answer them no problem. The interviews are interactive so there is a lot of whiteboard demonstrations.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

I originally applied for a different position at VistaPrint. About a week later, I was contacted by a recruiter asking my interest in the Associate Analyst position. I showed my interest and an interview was set up a few days later with the hiring manager. The interview was pretty straight forward. However, after learning more about the position during the interview, I became aware that this position was not a good match for me. I was pretty bummed out, especially because the recruiter reached out to me for this position that I did not originally apply for.

Interview Questions
    • There was no curve balls asked during the interview. Every question was very straight forward about my experience and skill set.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vistaprint.

HR setup an initial technical phone interview with a QA engineer and the screening lasted an hour. Questions asked:
    Explain the database model for Airlines, How do you test a calculator, Different testing techniques you used, How do you test the high risk areas of an application differently than other areas, Explain the automation framework you have developed, How do you test an application with multiple sets of data, What was your role in last project, What did you learn from your last project.
    I cleared the phone interview and went in for a face to face which consited of half day with 4 different interviewers and vistaprint sponsored lunch.
    I was in a very small room with a board.
    First round was with automation engineer
    1) object oriented programming basic concepts definitions, and one simple coding exercise, you can write in any language you are familiar with
    2) DBMS definitions questions. Then he will give a printed database design and ask queries to write on board based on that DB model.
    Second round was QA methodologies kind of questions.
    Third round was problem solving
    Lunch
    4th round was with QA manager, he would ask behavioral and past experience questions
    HR will come back and do wrap up.
    They told they will take a decision in 2 days and let me know. But havent heard back from them yet.

Marketing Associate Interview

Tough interview process. First round interview consisted of a case study while the final interview round consisted of three one-hour long interviews. The culture at VistaPrint was great, and everyone there was very nice and welcoming. They made you want to work there. Very young culture. The interview session was set up so you were able to explore and learn more about the company the same day you were doing your final round interview for the job.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

I applied to the internship online via the web portal provided by my university after meeting a company representative at the career fair. I was contacted after a week or so for a 2 hour interview with two different interviewers. The interview was heavily focused on object oriented programming and some behavior questions. They discussed my past projects.

Interview Questions
    • Descibe a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem.

I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it.

After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.