Vistaprint

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – Internal reference, but excessive interview process relative to the position and salary. I'm not sure the people interviewing really know what they want or at least don't seem to clearly articulate the context of their questions and concerns.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult on the surface.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke to a recruiter who went over possible positions for me. Went into the interview for 6 hours with 5 different people. The first 4 interviews were coding tests, and the 4th one specifically was revolving around classes and OOP (coupons and coupon codes). The 5th interview was a thought question on how to optimize a specific system.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Senior CopyWriter
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2010.

Interview Details – Vistaprint has an extensive interview process. By meeting with multiple people who you will be working with, the company builds consensus -- before you start -- about whether you have the skills and personality to be a good fit. Back-to-back interviews can be grueling, so be well rested and think through the many dimensions of your work and people skills before you arrive. The first day I interviewed (for about six hours), there was no offer of the bathroom or snacks. On the second day of interviews (another six hours), I spoke up and asked for quick breaks as I needed them. Now, when people come in for long interviews, they are given snack packs...which is great.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions. Each interview was filled with expected questions from each stakeholder.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

Interview Details – Vistaprint has a fairly thorough yet quick interviewing process. First, you get a call from the recruiter to discuss which job opportunities are available. Next, you speak with the hiring manager in a phone interview. The last step is a onsite interview with the hiring manager and the few other people that you would be working with.

Interview Question – The technical questions are general sysadmin type questions. An admin with at least 2 years experience should be able to answer them no problem. The interviews are interactive so there is a lot of whiteboard demonstrations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Question – Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Interview Details – Called me to schedule an interview a couple of days in advance. Consisted of 2 one hour interviews. One was more on the system design side the other was more on the algorithm creating side.

Interview Question – none where difficult. I was asked to design an elevator. next was to create an algorithm to predict how many sheets are needed to print a certain number of graphics.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – HR setup an initial technical phone interview with a QA engineer and the screening lasted an hour. Questions asked:
Explain the database model for Airlines, How do you test a calculator, Different testing techniques you used, How do you test the high risk areas of an application differently than other areas, Explain the automation framework you have developed, How do you test an application with multiple sets of data, What was your role in last project, What did you learn from your last project.
I cleared the phone interview and went in for a face to face which consited of half day with 4 different interviewers and vistaprint sponsored lunch.
I was in a very small room with a board.
First round was with automation engineer
1) object oriented programming basic concepts definitions, and one simple coding exercise, you can write in any language you are familiar with
2) DBMS definitions questions. Then he will give a printed database design and ask queries to write on board based on that DB model.
Second round was QA methodologies kind of questions.
Third round was problem solving
Lunch
4th round was with QA manager, he would ask behavioral and past experience questions
HR will come back and do wrap up.
They told they will take a decision in 2 days and let me know. But havent heard back from them yet.

Interview Question – Not so difficult for very long process.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. Asked back for multiple interviews. Had to solve case studies, even though I have years of experience and a solid track record.

Interview Question – Could you come back again for even more interviews?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – These folks take far too long to make decisions. I ended up talking to the same person multiple times, and they wanted me to loop back after talking to yet more people. It's amazing that they ever get to hire anyone since most companies move faster.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters through a campus recruiting event - a couple of weeks later, received a call inviting me to interview with two engineers the next morning at my school's career lab. Went through two in-person technical interviews, both fairly straightforward: one design-focused interview and one quick coding problem. They called me up again two days later to give me an offer. The entire process was surprisingly quick, no complaints as far as that goes.

Interview Question – One open-ended question about object-oriented design, one quick coding problem to ensure that you actually can code on demand. Nothing too difficult, no specific knowledge of any particular language necessary.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate

Interviewed at Vistaprint

Interview Details – Tough interview process. First round interview consisted of a case study while the final interview round consisted of three one-hour long interviews. The culture at VistaPrint was great, and everyone there was very nice and welcoming. They made you want to work there. Very young culture. The interview session was set up so you were able to explore and learn more about the company the same day you were doing your final round interview for the job.

Interview Question – Name a time you worked with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!