Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winterthur (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in May 2013.

There were 2 interviews.

The first interview was a standard developer phone interview.
    I was asked to write some basic code, a simple sort, and it was critiqued by the interviewer with an unusual emphasis on complexity, O notation.

The second interview was an all day interview with 5 different interviewers, one at a time no group interviews.
    Each interviewer covered different topics, CV, development, software design and general problem solving with a final Why you want to work here section.
    The interviewers were friendly and pleasant and the atmosphere was relaxed. There was enough time to ask your questions as well as answering theirs although it does feel like a long day.

Interview Questions
    • The general problem solving question was hard since it was non-technical, you had to come up with an estimate for the market for a potential new product based on guesswork and instinct.
      Obviously the are more interested in how you think than the answer but that still threw me completely since it was so far from the technical arena.
        Answer Question

Marketing Associate, Organic Search Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint.

I reached out to an employee at the company I had been contacted by a year prior. This person put me in contact with another and got the ball rolling fast on getting me a phone interview. Interview was 45 minutes of 1 question - no behavioral interest.

Interview Questions
    • How much money in the US on average, per year is spent on graduation events?   View Answer

Solutions Manager - Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2012.

Phone interview with HR; Phone interview with VP Business Intelligence - onsite interviews with Marketing Technologist; subordinate team member of Business Intelligence; soulutions Manager of Supply Chain; self-centered "guru" of Architects - guy named Marco....

Interview Questions
    • Business case with Marco was something out of an MBA in Operations; I have no idea what that case study had to do with being able to manage and direct a group of technologists and business intelligence, but apparently Marco did.... He seemed to be proud of the fact that if candidates could not get past his little case study, that there was little chance you would be employed by Vistaprint.....   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2012.

I had a first one on one interview where they gave me a case to solve. It was pretty self explanatory with some relative questions to marketing. Then I got a final round interview where it was an all day process. 3 one 1 hour long interviews one marketing case, one behavioral, and one conceptual case. The marketing case was very hard and outdated. This was the only curve ball and felt that it was a little unfair. Overall, pretty hard interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How much money is spent on graduation partys/supplies per year   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

I applied online and got a request for a phone interview a week later. I met with 4 people for the first round including the recruiter. The recruiter did prep me by telling me that they were going to ask me a strategic type question that I was going to have to be able to answer. It was "How many bottles of shampoo used in hotels around the world?" I thought the question was a bit bizarre for a project manager position, but I did the best I could. I have no idea whether or not I answered it correctly. After that round, the recruiter invited me back in for round 2. In this round I had to prepare a case study in 45 minutes and present it to my potential future manager and another peer. That was definitely nervewracking but I felt I did well. I was again contacted by the recruiter and invited back for the last round to meet with some potential peers and VP of the group. I was asked to produce a roadmap for possible products added to the suite. Again, I was puzzled why a project manager was asked this type of question. I did my best again.
    Overall it was a very difficult interview. I would suggest that they structure the tests in the interviews to better reflect the job they are hiring for.

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2012.

Get ready to answer case study questions about the products on the website. Also be able to negotiate a contract. What do you like and would alter on the Vistaprint.com site? Give examples of marketing projects you've worked on from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about the vistaprint.com website?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation at work and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in May 2008.

the phone call process was nice and informative- where we did go over a case study. In the interview process met with various members from the marketing organization who all had different focus areas.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2010.

Phone interview with HR, Marketing Manager, interview in office with various different managers. Process took around 1 month in total from sending CV to job offer.

Wasn't one.

Lead QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

They do the Phone Interview with couple of HR people before they pass it to Technical People. They do another round of phone interviews with Managerial level people before they call you for 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They have some kind of Numbered questions where they ask you to count the quantities and relevant benefits.   Answer Question
    Yes we have to negotiate to get the best offer. HR people are pretty good about it.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles.
    If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now.

There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions
    • Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state?
      The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions
        Answer Question
    Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!