Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Started from a phone interview from the HR department. On-site interview contains four round; one case, one technical, two casual ones.

Interview Questions

• technical questions. how do you use SQL to calculate the average cost of late orders based on some tables.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

TL;DR: If you want a job at Vistaprint, and you are clever enough to research Glassdoor first (and of moderate intelligence), you're in luck! Although it defies reason, they ask the same questions to every interviewee. Study the questions here, prepare answers ahead of time with a buddy, and you are most likely golden. A lot of weight is put on the miniature shampoo problem.

My overall rating of Vistaprint as a company is two thumbs up, although there is some not so great stuff that I will get to later. It seems that they treat their employees quite well. I appreciated that they really made an effort to appeal to me as a potential employee and show me why Vistaprint is a great place work. This is something I've found a lot of companies tend to overlook. You will be told again and again that Vistaprint is a fast-paced environment. Comments made during the interview gave me the impression that they are quite risk averse and cautious.

The interview process was reasonable and even enjoyable. I had two phone interviews before a half-day onsite interview. I can't say enough good things about the friendly HR. Fantastic! My interviewers were great and for the most part very genuine except for one. Only once was something said to me that I found questionable. Namely, I was told that people who do not do really well on a particular problem (the 'miniature shampoo' problem) do not do well at the company, and years of experience back this up. Okay, let's play along. This is a really important question in the hiring process; they must change it up a little from person to person or put an interesting spin on it to make sure you can "think on your feet." Something, right?

Folks, while that would be LOGICAL, nothing has ever not happened as much as this did not happen. Their exact interview questions are all over the internet. I did have one charming and progressive interviewer who let me know he was asking me an 'experimental,' brand spanking new interview question. Get this man a promotion, stat! However, as other reviewers have mentioned, I am baffled that it is considered an acceptable practice to repeatedly ask the same questions, interview after interview, at a company as large as Vistaprint. Even asking similar but different questions would be okay. My concern is that that they obviously do not care that many of the people they interview are not actually showing them their problem solving skills at all. How can they reliably tell and hire the best?

On another note, customer reviews of Vistaprint are absolutely horrendous. Yikes.

Interview Questions

• What is the market for miniature shampoo and conditioner bottles?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2012.

Interview

The first round is on campus, and there are several multiple choice questions and a small case, which is just a GRE AW question. After that, they flew me to Boston and conducted three interviews after a tour of the company.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Campus hire recruiting process. Initial screening done on campus with behavioral + problem solving component. On-site interview a string of behavioral, case-based, and technical proficiency (done in pseudo code since I did not know SQL at the time) interviews.

Interview Questions

• Size the market for disposal shampoo bottles in hotels.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

The asked me in depth question on my technical background such java and sql

PHP-ontwikkelaar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vistaprint (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

Ik solliciteerde bij Vistaprint via LinkedIn, ze contacteerde me per e-mail en we plande een eerste telefonisch gesprek een week later. Het gesprek duurde ongeveer een half uur. We hebben niet over mijn achtergrond gesproken. De werver vroeg me meteen een technische vraag. De vragen waren niet moeilijk.

I applied to Vistaprint on linkedin, they contacted me by email and we scheduled the first phone interview one week leater. The call was about half an hour. We didn't talk about my background. The recruiter asked directly about technical issue. The questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Wat betekent OO?

Is php een OO-taal?

Wat is een class? Heb je ooit een class geschreven?

Prefereer je XAMPP, LAMP, WAMP or MAMP? waarom?

Heb je ooit wordpress gebruikt? Heb je ooit je eigen wordpress plugin geschreven? Denk je dat wordpress een veili

what's mean OO?
      is php an OO language?
      what is a class? did you ever written a class?
      do you prefer XAMPP, LAMP, WAMP or MAMP? why?
      did you ever used wordpress? did you ever written your own wordpress plugin? do you think wordpress is secure system? why?

Answer Question

Interview

Analytical exam and Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Detailed case question which was more qualitative than quantitative.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

They ask the same qustions over and over to everyone. Asked me some dumb question about shampoo bottles.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Spoke to 6 people in 3 separate sessions. 3 interviews were non-technical in nature and more about "fit". The other 3 interviews (conducted via Skype) included technical assessments of object oriented design, basic statistics and coding.

The HR lead informed me of the kinds of questions that will be asked so I had some preparation beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many shampoo bottles are used yearly by hotels in a given city, followed by questions about distribution, assumptions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was better than market rate so I didn't negotiate further.

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Tough interview process. First round interview consisted of a case study while the final interview round consisted of three one-hour long interviews. The culture at VistaPrint was great, and everyone there was very nice and welcoming. They made you want to work there. Very young culture. The interview session was set up so you were able to explore and learn more about the company the same day you were doing your final round interview for the job.