Vistaprint

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – Started from a phone interview from the HR department. On-site interview contains four round; one case, one technical, two casual ones.

Interview Question – technical questions. how do you use SQL to calculate the average cost of late orders based on some tables.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance

Interviewed at Vistaprint

Interview Details – TL;DR: If you want a job at Vistaprint, and you are clever enough to research Glassdoor first (and of moderate intelligence), you're in luck! Although it defies reason, they ask the same questions to every interviewee. Study the questions here, prepare answers ahead of time with a buddy, and you are most likely golden. A lot of weight is put on the miniature shampoo problem.

My overall rating of Vistaprint as a company is two thumbs up, although there is some not so great stuff that I will get to later. It seems that they treat their employees quite well. I appreciated that they really made an effort to appeal to me as a potential employee and show me why Vistaprint is a great place work. This is something I've found a lot of companies tend to overlook. You will be told again and again that Vistaprint is a fast-paced environment. Comments made during the interview gave me the impression that they are quite risk averse and cautious.

The interview process was reasonable and even enjoyable. I had two phone interviews before a half-day onsite interview. I can't say enough good things about the friendly HR. Fantastic! My interviewers were great and for the most part very genuine except for one. Only once was something said to me that I found questionable. Namely, I was told that people who do not do really well on a particular problem (the 'miniature shampoo' problem) do not do well at the company, and years of experience back this up. Okay, let's play along. This is a really important question in the hiring process; they must change it up a little from person to person or put an interesting spin on it to make sure you can "think on your feet." Something, right?

Folks, while that would be LOGICAL, nothing has ever not happened as much as this did not happen. Their exact interview questions are all over the internet. I did have one charming and progressive interviewer who let me know he was asking me an 'experimental,' brand spanking new interview question. Get this man a promotion, stat! However, as other reviewers have mentioned, I am baffled that it is considered an acceptable practice to repeatedly ask the same questions, interview after interview, at a company as large as Vistaprint. Even asking similar but different questions would be okay. My concern is that that they obviously do not care that many of the people they interview are not actually showing them their problem solving skills at all. How can they reliably tell and hire the best?

On another note, customer reviews of Vistaprint are absolutely horrendous. Yikes.

Interview Question – What is the market for miniature shampoo and conditioner bottles?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2012.

Interview Details – The first round is on campus, and there are several multiple choice questions and a small case, which is just a GRE AW question. After that, they flew me to Boston and conducted three interviews after a tour of the company.

Interview Question – A case about subway bottleneck   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Vistaprint

Interview Details – Campus hire recruiting process. Initial screening done on campus with behavioral + problem solving component. On-site interview a string of behavioral, case-based, and technical proficiency (done in pseudo code since I did not know SQL at the time) interviews.

Interview Question – Size the market for disposal shampoo bottles in hotels.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – The asked me in depth question on my technical background such java and sql

Interview Question – How would you use Java to trouble a client problem?   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

PHP Developer
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – I applied to Vistaprint on linkedin, they contacted me by email and we scheduled the first phone interview one week leater. The call was about half an hour. We didn't talk about my background. The recruiter asked directly about technical issue. The questions were not difficult.

Interview Question – what's mean OO?
is php an OO language?
what is a class? did you ever written a class?
do you prefer XAMPP, LAMP, WAMP or MAMP? why?
did you ever used wordpress? did you ever written your own wordpress plugin? do you think wordpress is secure system? why?
  Answer Question

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Business and Strategy Analyst

Interview Details – Analytical exam and Phone interview

Interview Question – Detailed case question which was more qualitative than quantitative.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – They ask the same qustions over and over to everyone. Asked me some dumb question about shampoo bottles.

Interview Question – Wasn't very hard   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – Spoke to 6 people in 3 separate sessions. 3 interviews were non-technical in nature and more about "fit". The other 3 interviews (conducted via Skype) included technical assessments of object oriented design, basic statistics and coding.

The HR lead informed me of the kinds of questions that will be asked so I had some preparation beforehand.

Interview Question – Estimate how many shampoo bottles are used yearly by hotels in a given city, followed by questions about distribution, assumptions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was better than market rate so I didn't negotiate further.

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate

Interviewed at Vistaprint

Interview Details – Tough interview process. First round interview consisted of a case study while the final interview round consisted of three one-hour long interviews. The culture at VistaPrint was great, and everyone there was very nice and welcoming. They made you want to work there. Very young culture. The interview session was set up so you were able to explore and learn more about the company the same day you were doing your final round interview for the job.

Interview Question – Name a time you worked with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!