Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was brought in for several days of interviews and met with people from across the organization. It was well-coordinated and a pleasant experience. When applying for analytics or engineering positions there are some exercises candidates are put through to test their problem solving approaches. I did the same with a creative exercise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my familiarity with the company's web site.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was simple and direct.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in September 2014.

Interview

Quick, informed about how the process was going at all times, natural and relaxed. HR representatives made sure I was comfortable, all interviewers were very open when asked questions, providing lenghty, insightful answers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

it was a telephone interview. They struggled a little to keep up because English wasn't their first language however it was informal. All in all it was a very good experience. I had multiple telephone interviews with Vistaprint. Spoke to several people from the process engineer I will be working with to the Human Resource department

Interview Questions

• What have you leant from process design module? What do you know about Printing?   Answer Question

Interactive Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Began with a recruiter who got me a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited in for the interview process which included a presentation of my portfolio and experience and then had individual meetings with 3 directors. I was then given a small marketing project to create in 1 hour with a small team including a writer and designer. Upon completion I presented our solution to the VP.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve this marketing challenge?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Full day event from 8:00-5:00 included speech from VP, panel Q&A, tour, 3 one hour interviews. Helpful in getting to know the company at a deeper level. Day was very organized and structured. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Free lunch and snacks throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Very comprehensive, met with several people from different departments. Asked lots of insightful questions. Explained role and organization in a way that was easy to understand. Strong culture. Strong management function at company and management development program. Enjoyed hearing about company growth and expansion and opportunity for growth roles from within.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Since I was older than most of the folks I was going to be working with, the hiring manager had older software QA engineers from other groups interview me. It was a 6 hour in-person interview and prior to that several phone interviews with HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Analysis of several case studies. What I would test, what assumptions I made, etc... They even took the scrap paper that I was writing to figure out the problems   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem. I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it. After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I ended up applying late, but this process was still the best of all the internships I"ve interviewed for. I submitted my resume on a Tuesday, got a call back on Wednesday, set up interviews for Thursday morning, and had the offer by Thursday afternoon. The campus recruiting office is the BEST - very helpful, informative, nice, etc. I did the actual interviews via the phone, and did coding over a collaboration coding tool (via the internet) and over google docs. The interviewers were really nice and helpful, and I got a good vibe from them. Interview questions were unsurprising and kinda standard. 1.) OOP design question (Design an elevator system, and they gave me some scenarios to consider while building). Be prepped to do a UML diagram. 2.) Pretty simple geometry algorithm question that was sort of like your classic box-packing problem. You shouldn't need to prep too much for this one... it's really easy to overthink though, so be wary of that.

Interview Questions

• The elevator design was challenging just because there is no right answer. The most important thing there is to clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm an intern. I was surprised at how high it was that I didn't think fast enough to start negotiating.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Vistaprint has an extensive interview process. By meeting with multiple people who you will be working with, the company builds consensus -- before you start -- about whether you have the skills and personality to be a good fit. Back-to-back interviews can be grueling, so be well rested and think through the many dimensions of your work and people skills before you arrive. The first day I interviewed (for about six hours), there was no offer of the bathroom or snacks. On the second day of interviews (another six hours), I spoke up and asked for quick breaks as I needed them. Now, when people come in for long interviews, they are given snack packs...which is great.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions. Each interview was filled with expected questions from each stakeholder.   Answer Question