Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.2

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Overall process was fast, pleasant, and well orchastrated. Recruiter found my resume on line so that felt positive. HR people were professional and had process down. Received a confirmation of my interview without any scheduling of my time so thought that was weird. Required a formal application online which too at least an hour to fill out. Got tour of the building during interview process. Interview room was awkward with a low table and funny chairs. After interview, recruiter was difficult to speak to; didn't return calls to get answer to if I was still in the candidate pool.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't have enough resources or time to complete?   1 Answer

Marketing Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in April 2007.

Interview

I was interviewed for Acquisition Marketing for the European Team in Barcelona. VistaPrint is extemely selective and everyone has to go through several interviews with Managers until a decision is made. Be prepared for a very detailed 7 hour interview including exercises.

I first had a phone interview with HR then Phone Interview with the manager and then they flew me in to meet them face to face. They covered all the costs for this. They also do a very professional job on giving people brochures, a relocation package as well as offering to pay MBA.

HR does a very nice job to market this but not all the things promised in the interview are coming true for you. They don't pay for MBAs and I didn't see anyone who got paid this in the European office. You should be prepared for unpaid extra hours and stress from your boss who is pushing up sales targets. The culture is young, dynamic but also very closed and you are expected to spend weekend time with colleagues to go to bars, nightclubs etc.

Overall the company has a strong U.S. culture with little understand for the European. Unfortunately European employees are often considered as second class.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable moving to Barcelona? Can you imagine living her long term.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try to push up the salary a bit. If they like you they will go for it. Also try to fix down your job description as suddenly your boss might come up with some other tasks to radically change the job you had in mind when you signed the contract.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint in April 2009.

Interview

HR is professional and effective. A total of about 30 people interviewed for this position, but VistaPrint did not have an actual target number of new hires. There are multiple marketing departments but the number could've ranged from 4-10+. Who knows? The facility is very nice and open to sunlight, which is very refreshing. There' s the typical cafeteria with soda machines, etc. and a relatively small gym and free parking in the back.

Senior Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

HR interview went well and was scheduled for phone interivew. Phone interivew was not confirmed and one of the Reps from VistaPrint calls me like 30mins before the interview time and asks me if if i can do the interivew. Of course i wasnt available. So rescheduled the interview to a later date. This position was supposed to be for a .NET lead engineer. On the phone interview, this guy from VistaPrint asks questions like Table Vs CSS, JavaScript...i could be wrong but thats not .NET ...those are questions for a web developer. Anyways, As i thought, they didnt think i was strong enough in .NET based on those questions.
    Next time when you have interview at VistaPrint for .NET, be prepared for HTML questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

How many small size shampoo bottles are produced every year

Interview Questions

• What is the total number of small sized shampoo bottles produces in the world.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

VistaPrint is located in an interesting building. We I arrived HR greeted me and escorted me to a tiny interview room. Very claustrophobic and intimate. I meet with 4 people, hour each. They gave me a tour of the building. The whole thing was way to long and every interviewers asked the same boring questions. They gave me a few cases to do, but they were simple and straightforward. Not to interesting and the company is going down with the economy.

Low pay, boring position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

After meeting Vistaprint at a job fair, I had a first round interview on campus with a software engineer. It was a fun coding question to calculate the amount of paper the company needs to print an array of paper products. I got invited to a two-day superday onsite in Boston. They housed us in the Charles Hotel and took us to dinner. The next day, we went back to the company and we did company tours and three separate 1-hour interviews: software design, a coding scenario, and a fun brainteaser

Interview Questions

• How many bottles of shampoo are produced in the world a year?   25 Answers
    • Given an array of paper products in which each product has an attribute name, width, and height, and given a sheet of paper that has width xx and height yy, write a program that returns the number of sheets of paper needed to print out the array of paper products   Answer Question
    • How would you design elevator software?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Vistaprint in January 2010.

Interview

Initally I had a great experience with Vista Print. I had a phone interview and then 3 in person interviews with a SVP, Director and Snr Manager. I thought they went very well . They consisted of role playing, cultural fit and some technical questions. Although it took 2 months to complete this, it was in within the communicated timeframe.

I was then asked back to give a presentation 1 month later. This was to demonstrate analytical thinking and persuasion. Again I believe this went very well.

They indicated they would come back with a decision withing a few days. Almost one month later I am still waiting on feedback.

Overall this process has taken 16 weeks since I applied for the role. I have yet to find out whether I have been successful, despite numerous attempts from the recruiter to contact them.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in May 2008.

Interview

the phone call process was nice and informative- where we did go over a case study. In the interview process met with various members from the marketing organization who all had different focus areas.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Vistaprint in December 2009.

Interview

Bizarre, drawn out and peculiar best describe my interview experience. The belabored process consisted of three phone interviews, two case studies and thirteen 1:1 in person interviews. And, I only made it through the first round which required an investment of at least 13 hours, excluding prep time. How many people does it take to make a decision in this place?

In the beginning, communication with HR was steady. While being prepped by HR for my in person interviews, they told me many of the people I was going to meet had pretty good poker face's and it would be hard to tell if they liked me. Is there some rationale to this? A little positive reinforcement and a sense of welcome when you meet a candidate you like seems like a better approach.

Post interview follow-up was decent but then dramatically dropped off. Several follow-up emails and calls later regarding my candidacy I was informed that the hiring manager needed to meet more candidates before making a hiring decision. I was a bit surprised because HR had previously told me they had narrowed the field of ~40 strong candidates to myself and two others. Disappointed, I remained optimistic because I was told that I was still being considered.

Several weeks, emails and phone follow-ups later I found myself chasing them not only for an update on my candidacy but for my reimbursement expenses too. My inquiries requesting the status of my candidacy were completely ignored. I found this extremely rude and unprofessional, especially if I was still in contention.

The rest of this long story made short, I interviewed in mid-February submitted my expense reports several days later and now in mid-April have yet to be fully reimbursed. Most recent communication was "the check is in the mail." It was the same day in a separate email that I was finally informed they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked a standard analytical consulting firm case study.   Answer Question