Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.2

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

I applied to the internship online via the web portal provided by my university after meeting a company representative at the career fair. I was contacted after a week or so for a 2 hour interview with two different interviewers. The interview was heavily focused on object oriented programming and some behavior questions. They discussed my past projects.

Interview Questions
    • Descibe a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem.

I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it.

After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Met with recruiters through a campus recruiting event - a couple of weeks later, received a call inviting me to interview with two engineers the next morning at my school's career lab. Went through two in-person technical interviews, both fairly straightforward: one design-focused interview and one quick coding problem. They called me up again two days later to give me an offer. The entire process was surprisingly quick, no complaints as far as that goes.

Interview Questions
    • One open-ended question about object-oriented design, one quick coding problem to ensure that you actually can code on demand. Nothing too difficult, no specific knowledge of any particular language necessary.   Answer Question

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Recruiter was really supportive from beginning till end but it all worth nothing. They have 1 phone interview then onsite round which would be like whole day activity. Interview consisted of behavioral, logical, just scenario based seeking leadership qualities and one technical. Basically they would engage your for whole day with various anonymous rounds)
    They have one developer to take your technical round who will usually ask database question and simple query and one simple coding question-level of question is too low. if you know more than developer then you are wrong because he did not understand what you tried to explain. He asked me to implement database and I designed database using one of most popular data model which helps improving performance for Big data. Since developer did not had any knowledge about big data, data modelling, star schema..so he kept asking me importance of fact table which was frustrating.
    I already had an offer which was way more than what Vistaprint could afford so they came back with silly feedback that developer didn't see what he was looking for which means my candidacy was totally dependent on single interviewer(that Developer who had shallow knowledge) and rest of the rounds were useless and just a waste of time. Out of 6 rounds which all went well from my side, I was told only technical round mattered .
    So Unprofessional..bad interview experience.They interview level is easy but its all adhoc and random. some of the interviewer might not show up so juts random unprepared employee would be send in to kill your time

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Process included submission of CV and Cover Letter online. Getting phone interview was the result of a referral from a network recruiter. Phone interview was brief (15 minutes) with interviewer stating that they were not going to match me for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was a gap in the time that I performed a role similar to the one described in the job listing which was ultimately the reason the interviewer gave for not matching me to the role.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Called me to schedule an interview a couple of days in advance. Consisted of 2 one hour interviews. One was more on the system design side the other was more on the algorithm creating side.

Interview Questions
    • none where difficult. I was asked to design an elevator. next was to create an algorithm to predict how many sheets are needed to print a certain number of graphics.   Answer Question

Director, Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Applied online. Received email from recruiter five days later, who set up a phone interview for a couple days later, which was a Monday. Phone conversation lasted maybe twenty minutes. Recruiter seemed to be just going through a checklist. Standard questions like why did you leave your last job, why do you want to work at Vistaprint. Said she was discussing all the candidates with the hiring manager this week and would get back to me by Friday. No other correspondence occurred with the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no behavioral questions or any that might be considered tough to answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Spoke to a recruiter who went over possible positions for me. Went into the interview for 6 hours with 5 different people. The first 4 interviews were coding tests, and the 4th one specifically was revolving around classes and OOP (coupons and coupon codes). The 5th interview was a thought question on how to optimize a specific system.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles.
    If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now.

There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions
    • Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state?
      The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions
        Answer Question
    Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2013.

I was been pinged by a recruiter several times and finally decided to explore the opportunities with vistaprint. There was a HR phone screen, Hiring manager phone screen and then set on-site interviews. The people were communicating very well during these rounds. After the interviews, they took more than a week to inform about their decision. Recruiter said she would share some feedback after the interviews, but kept postponing her phone call appointments. Very unprofessional and unethical during the closure of the recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • Object oriented analysis and design questions. Each interviewer just presented the problem and had little or no involvement during the session.   Answer Question