Vistaprint

3.2

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Spoke to a recruiter who went over possible positions for me. Went into the interview for 6 hours with 5 different people. The first 4 interviews were coding tests, and the 4th one specifically was revolving around classes and OOP (coupons and coupon codes). The 5th interview was a thought question on how to optimize a specific system.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in September 2014.

I had a first phone screening with a guy from HR. Then I had a technical phone screening from another software engineer. In that interview I was asked to solve a simple programming task and a simple architecture task (UML, inheritance). After that I was invited to Winterthur to a 4+ hour interview with multiple segments: programming, oo-design (archtitecture), problem solving and communication and some talk about me and the company. I was only interviewed by one interviewer at a time and the atmosphere was relaxed. They also were open about the up and down sides of the company.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

I started with an on campus interview. It was pretty relaxed with standard behavioral questions. I then was invited to their Lexington office for a final round interview that went from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.. It consisted of 3 interviews. One behavioral and 2 case studies. The rest of the time was filled with information sessions, a tour of the office, and an office happy hour at the end of the day. It was very informative, but it was a LONG day. They made their decisions quickly and even took the time to call me to tell me that I did not receive an offer. Overall I was impressed with the thought they put into the whole process.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Vistaprint in September 2014.

This was for a non-entry-level posisition. You are contacted first by email, then by phone with the recruiter; if all good, you get another phone interview with a manager; if all good, you get a in-office interview which normally last around 4 hours, which is the last step.

In this last step, I was given a real case-study, with literally just pen, paper and a simple calculator. After an hour, I had to present my findings to a couple of subject-matter experts. After that I had a 1:1 with a marketing manager, then another 1:1 with the team leader, and lastly a quick wrap up and office tour with someone from HR.

I had never been in such a detailed hiring process, so I kinda liked it; BUT it was painfully long. The whole thing lasted almost 4 months. Between the last step and the final decision was made, they took 1.5 months!! In all honesty, after waiting so long for a decision, you loose interest. At the end I think I didn't even want to be elected for the job... although Vistaprint has among the highest salaries in Barcelona, so... probably I would have accepted anyway hehe.

My background is on ecommerce, and the position needed a stronger business analytics background, so I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember one. I know I struggled the most with detailed business optimization questions, like details on how to reduce product costs, and alike.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in February 2012.

Initial telephone contact by HR to clarify details of resume. One week later followed-up phone interview by technical manager and team member. Contact by HR for scheduling of (8-hour!) interview process. The 5-6 interviews consisted of meeting either individually or in a group. The interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Whether advertisement on hotel shampoo bottles would be a good investment for the company. (i.e. had to calculate the number of hotel shampoo bottles used worldwide per day) That was a fun one.   View Answer
    • Asked somewhat detailed technical questions from work done a decade ago.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint.

They had me for an on campus interview where I did a 30 min technical (basic statistics+graphs) paper/pencil test, followed by behavioral questions. Afterwards they flew me to Boston for a full day interview followed by night bowling event. Overall a great experience!

Email Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistaprint in May 2012.

This was a long 3 hour interview for a summer internship at their HQ in Lexington, MA. I had 3 one hour sessions back-to-back-to-back. The first was a mini case study that I went over with some aid from the interviewer. The next round was a one-on-one regular interview and the last was a two-on-one interview. The case study was tough because there were so many solutions you can come up with. The other interviews weren't bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember much but the case study was the toughest thing   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in July 2010.

Phone interview with HR, Marketing Manager, interview in office with various different managers. Process took around 1 month in total from sending CV to job offer.

Wasn't one.

Online Marketing Specialist DACH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

I applied for the position 2 weeks ago and was contacted immidiatly by their HR team for 1 hour interview via phone. I basically had to explain my resume in detail and also answer questions to my persona like: What are your weak and strong points? Why would you like to work at Vistaprint etc.

I was told that a second interview with the hiring manager would follow and promptly got invited to their offices in Barcelona. Their offices are amazing, only HR occupies an entire floor. I was interviewed by the HR Manager, which was very friendly and easy. Then I met the hiring manager and a team member. The interview was difficult and there were several technical questions involved.

After an hour interview I got contacted straight away again inviting me for a 3rd interview the same week, but this time a entire day ( 7 hours with 8 different managers and coworkers) to do case studies. The day before the interview I was contacted again informing me that there was a mistake and that I should have gotten a case study to resolve and to be sent back before my last interview round. I received the email ( after asking for it) at around 6 pm having the interview next day at 9.30 am, together with the schedule for my interviews. The case study was about general online marketing knowledge, however with the brief time I had left it was almost impossible to do a good presentation ( in Power Point and Excel) as requested. I also had a look at the interview schedule and was a bit shocked to see that in 7 hour interview, there was not one minute break ( apart from a lunch break together with a intern !?!) which made me reconsider the offer.

At this point it was already way into the night and I was still working on my presentation which was impossible to finish for the next day. After reading comments on people working at Vistaprint I deceided to cancel my interview and decline the offer as I felt that I would not be comfortable working at Vistaprint.

Interview Questions
    • Who are our main compatitors? Which are 5 of the most important websites in Germany? What is retargeting?   Answer Question

QA Test Lead Engineer-sap Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2012.

I was initially interviewed for the position by the HR recruiter, then she set me up for another phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well with the hiring manager. I was then set up with another phone interview with a project manager. The interview went well. I was then ask to come for a face to face interview to meet the hiring team. I was interview by 7 people for the job. A very lenghty interview process where one was technical interview, the other are normal HR and behavioral and another on QA process etc... Process was lenghty but wait time was short for a decision

Interview Questions
    • One of the case study was that I was given a calculator on a printed paper and was asked about how will I test it?
      The second was to test my analytical skill and was to describe how will I handle the below situation:
      You use a device to receive goods from 2 plants. The receipt from plant A is just fine and the receit from plan B is slow. What could be the possible scenarios that could have gone wrong

Answer Question