Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.3

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Vistaprint has a fairly thorough yet quick interviewing process. First, you get a call from the recruiter to discuss which job opportunities are available. Next, you speak with the hiring manager in a phone interview. The last step is a onsite interview with the hiring manager and the few other people that you would be working with.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions are general sysadmin type questions. An admin with at least 2 years experience should be able to answer them no problem. The interviews are interactive so there is a lot of whiteboard demonstrations.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

Interview

I originally applied for a different position at VistaPrint. About a week later, I was contacted by a recruiter asking my interest in the Associate Analyst position. I showed my interest and an interview was set up a few days later with the hiring manager. The interview was pretty straight forward. However, after learning more about the position during the interview, I became aware that this position was not a good match for me. I was pretty bummed out, especially because the recruiter reached out to me for this position that I did not originally apply for.

Interview Questions

• There was no curve balls asked during the interview. Every question was very straight forward about my experience and skill set.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA).

Interview

HR setup an initial technical phone interview with a QA engineer and the screening lasted an hour. Questions asked: Explain the database model for Airlines, How do you test a calculator, Different testing techniques you used, How do you test the high risk areas of an application differently than other areas, Explain the automation framework you have developed, How do you test an application with multiple sets of data, What was your role in last project, What did you learn from your last project. I cleared the phone interview and went in for a face to face which consited of half day with 4 different interviewers and vistaprint sponsored lunch. I was in a very small room with a board. First round was with automation engineer 1) object oriented programming basic concepts definitions, and one simple coding exercise, you can write in any language you are familiar with 2) DBMS definitions questions. Then he will give a printed database design and ask queries to write on board based on that DB model. Second round was QA methodologies kind of questions. Third round was problem solving Lunch 4th round was with QA manager, he would ask behavioral and past experience questions HR will come back and do wrap up. They told they will take a decision in 2 days and let me know. But havent heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I applied to the internship online via the web portal provided by my university after meeting a company representative at the career fair. I was contacted after a week or so for a 2 hour interview with two different interviewers. The interview was heavily focused on object oriented programming and some behavior questions. They discussed my past projects.

Interview Questions

• Descibe a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Tough interview process. First round interview consisted of a case study while the final interview round consisted of three one-hour long interviews. The culture at VistaPrint was great, and everyone there was very nice and welcoming. They made you want to work there. Very young culture. The interview session was set up so you were able to explore and learn more about the company the same day you were doing your final round interview for the job.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I started with an on campus interview. It was pretty relaxed with standard behavioral questions. I then was invited to their Lexington office for a final round interview that went from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.. It consisted of 3 interviews. One behavioral and 2 case studies. The rest of the time was filled with information sessions, a tour of the office, and an office happy hour at the end of the day. It was very informative, but it was a LONG day. They made their decisions quickly and even took the time to call me to tell me that I did not receive an offer. Overall I was impressed with the thought they put into the whole process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem. I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it. After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiters through a campus recruiting event - a couple of weeks later, received a call inviting me to interview with two engineers the next morning at my school's career lab. Went through two in-person technical interviews, both fairly straightforward: one design-focused interview and one quick coding problem. They called me up again two days later to give me an offer. The entire process was surprisingly quick, no complaints as far as that goes.

Interview Questions

• One open-ended question about object-oriented design, one quick coding problem to ensure that you actually can code on demand. Nothing too difficult, no specific knowledge of any particular language necessary.   Answer Question

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Recruiter was really supportive from beginning till end but it all worth nothing. They have 1 phone interview then onsite round which would be like whole day activity. Interview consisted of behavioral, logical, just scenario based seeking leadership qualities and one technical. Basically they would engage your for whole day with various anonymous rounds) They have one developer to take your technical round who will usually ask database question and simple query and one simple coding question-level of question is too low. if you know more than developer then you are wrong because he did not understand what you tried to explain. He asked me to implement database and I designed database using one of most popular data model which helps improving performance for Big data. Since developer did not had any knowledge about big data, data modelling, star schema..so he kept asking me importance of fact table which was frustrating. I already had an offer which was way more than what Vistaprint could afford so they came back with silly feedback that developer didn't see what he was looking for which means my candidacy was totally dependent on single interviewer(that Developer who had shallow knowledge) and rest of the rounds were useless and just a waste of time. Out of 6 rounds which all went well from my side, I was told only technical round mattered . So Unprofessional..bad interview experience.They interview level is easy but its all adhoc and random. some of the interviewer might not show up so juts random unprepared employee would be send in to kill your time

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process included submission of CV and Cover Letter online. Getting phone interview was the result of a referral from a network recruiter. Phone interview was brief (15 minutes) with interviewer stating that they were not going to match me for the position.

Interview Questions

• There was a gap in the time that I performed a role similar to the one described in the job listing which was ultimately the reason the interviewer gave for not matching me to the role.   1 Answer