Vistaprint

102 candidate interviews

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles.
If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now.

There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions

• Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
  • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state?
    The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a nice HR lady who set up a time for me to talk to her.
My first interview was a phone interview with her - standard HR stuff.
My second phone interview was with a senior project manager.
As a college student looking for a software engineering internship, I expected some variation of data structures questions, and general coding questions. However, I got nothing like the other questions I've seen on this site, or at any tech interview I've had. The interviewer instead asked me project manager and database questions which I had no experience with. When I could not answer correctly, the interviewer lamented my lack of experience in these areas. I came out of the whole experience irritated by the heavy corporate feel of the company, and the interview questions that had no relevance to my experience - they should not have given me an interview in the first place since they clearly were not looking for my skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe how many tables you would need and how you would set up a database for an airport, airplane, flight, city.   Answer Question
  • From a sys admin perspective, how would you approach task X?   Answer Question

Lead QA Engineer Interview

Lead QA Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

Interview Details – They do the Phone Interview with couple of HR people before they pass it to Technical People. They do another round of phone interviews with Managerial level people before they call you for 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – They have some kind of Numbered questions where they ask you to count the quantities and relevant benefits.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes we have to negotiate to get the best offer. HR people are pretty good about it.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, Marketing Manager, interview in office with various different managers. Process took around 1 month in total from sending CV to job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Wasn't one.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in May 2008.

Interview Details – the phone call process was nice and informative- where we did go over a case study. In the interview process met with various members from the marketing organization who all had different focus areas.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Lexington, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in December 2009.

Interview Details – Let me preface this that it is not the interview process I had a problem with it was the fact that 4 professionals could not agree on what they wanted and, the fact that it seemed that the feedback I recieved on my interview seemed completely out of touch with things that I said during the interview.

Vista print contacted me about an opportunity they were looking to fill (and had been looking to fill at that point for about 5 months). In a bad economy with a lot of people out of work this shouldn't have been a problem to fill the job slot, but because it was right around the Christmas Holidays they wanted to get me in ASAP otherwise I might miss the opportunity.

A lot of hurry up and wait.

The interview consisted of meeting with 4 individuals including my would be boss. At that point I was asked a broad question about how I would come up with the answer and to present a possible solution.

When I heard back from the HR person I was completely floored when she said that the feedback she received on me indicated that I had never visited their website?!?! I attempted to explain that this wasn't at all the case, I had in fact visited their website but was asked if I had every bought anything from them which, I had not. She brushed it off as being a miscommunication. (I certainly won't be buying anything from them now!)

I liked the hiring manager a lot and I thought I would have worked well with her. It's a shame that in the end things got all jumbled up and that they had spent so much time vetting and looking for the 'right person'. The feedback from HR is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about this company. Shame, really a shame.

Interview Question – How much ice   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Interview Question – Write class diagrams for a robotic waiter system.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke to a recruiter who went over possible positions for me. Went into the interview for 6 hours with 5 different people. The first 4 interviews were coding tests, and the 4th one specifically was revolving around classes and OOP (coupons and coupon codes). The 5th interview was a thought question on how to optimize a specific system.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – They had me for an on campus interview where I did a 30 min technical (basic statistics+graphs) paper/pencil test, followed by behavioral questions. Afterwards they flew me to Boston for a full day interview followed by night bowling event. Overall a great experience!

Interview Question – A case interview on subway system+bottleneck.   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – I thought the interview process went very well. The recruiter was very optimistic so I was surprised when I did not get the job. I had what I considered an extra interview and I suspected it was to keep interest while they looked to see if they could find someone better.

Interview Question – The interview was HIGHLY technical and felt more like a certification exam than an interview of my ability to meet the job requirements or expectations.   Answer Question