Vistaprint

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in September 2014.

I had a first phone screening with a guy from HR. Then I had a technical phone screening from another software engineer. In that interview I was asked to solve a simple programming task and a simple architecture task (UML, inheritance). After that I was invited to Winterthur to a 4+ hour interview with multiple segments: programming, oo-design (archtitecture), problem solving and communication and some talk about me and the company. I was only interviewed by one interviewer at a time and the atmosphere was relaxed. They also were open about the up and down sides of the company.

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint in July 2011.

This was one of the worst interviewing experiences I have encountered. 4 hours of interviews stacked back to back. That is fine, been there done that but generally people take the time to ask you if you need water, a break or just a general pulse on how you are holding up.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked to problem solve a scenario they describe to you in no or little details.   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in February 2012.

Initial telephone contact by HR to clarify details of resume. One week later followed-up phone interview by technical manager and team member. Contact by HR for scheduling of (8-hour!) interview process. The 5-6 interviews consisted of meeting either individually or in a group. The interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Whether advertisement on hotel shampoo bottles would be a good investment for the company. (i.e. had to calculate the number of hotel shampoo bottles used worldwide per day) That was a fun one.   View Answer
    • Asked somewhat detailed technical questions from work done a decade ago.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in July 2010.

Phone interview with HR, Marketing Manager, interview in office with various different managers. Process took around 1 month in total from sending CV to job offer.

Wasn't one.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in February 2012.

2 phonecalls, one from HR and one with the technical lead

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in June 2012.

The process was very slow. I got in contact with them trough linkedin and the first thing they ask me was to answer to a questionnaire where I mainly had to explain the reason why I wanted to work with them and why I was the right person for the position. These question became a constant in the interview process and where asked over and over, by the hiring manager and all the HR representative. I finally got a phone interview, and everything went quiet smoothie, followed by a manager phone call in which he explain me in detail the department and the working environment, however not going into details on the position and what exactly was my job. It was not defined yet. It seemed they wanted to be sure I was the right person for the job but they didn’t have clear what my job exactly was. I got called for the interview, it was a day process from 9 am to about 4 pm, where I got interviewed by different managers in different departments. The fist two cases where problem solving, analytic issues etc. The questions where very simple, but hard to understand due to the acent of the interviewer and how they develop the issue, with no detail or full information there was no specific question they simply wanted to see how you think. I had difficult in the calculation as you don’t have a calculator you are suppose to do everything with your head. I relaxed myself as the interview went on and in the second case I genuinely thought I used good analytic skills to solve all the issues. I had difficult to understand the connection between Vistaprint job and the question I was asked ( something about a train being late, how to divide a cake minimizing the number of cut, and how many restaurants are in Barcelona). I finished the 6 hours interview process happy of my results and sure I had a good chance. However after over a week there were no news from the company. I finally contact them by mail. They called me the next day, to tell me my analytic skills were not strong enough for them. Fair enough, I wrote down a mail with all the specific problems we have been trough in each interview and I sent it to every single manager. My questions were very specific and detailed, and this is why I wanted an answer. No answer came back from the manager, however I got called again from the HR girl, she thank me for taking the time sending them the mail, and answered to all the questions I had with the same thing: very creative, but your analytic skills are not strong enough for our company. Fair enough.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate how many restaurants are in Barcelona   View Answer

Online Marketing Specialist DACH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

I applied for the position 2 weeks ago and was contacted immidiatly by their HR team for 1 hour interview via phone. I basically had to explain my resume in detail and also answer questions to my persona like: What are your weak and strong points? Why would you like to work at Vistaprint etc.

I was told that a second interview with the hiring manager would follow and promptly got invited to their offices in Barcelona. Their offices are amazing, only HR occupies an entire floor. I was interviewed by the HR Manager, which was very friendly and easy. Then I met the hiring manager and a team member. The interview was difficult and there were several technical questions involved.

After an hour interview I got contacted straight away again inviting me for a 3rd interview the same week, but this time a entire day ( 7 hours with 8 different managers and coworkers) to do case studies. The day before the interview I was contacted again informing me that there was a mistake and that I should have gotten a case study to resolve and to be sent back before my last interview round. I received the email ( after asking for it) at around 6 pm having the interview next day at 9.30 am, together with the schedule for my interviews. The case study was about general online marketing knowledge, however with the brief time I had left it was almost impossible to do a good presentation ( in Power Point and Excel) as requested. I also had a look at the interview schedule and was a bit shocked to see that in 7 hour interview, there was not one minute break ( apart from a lunch break together with a intern !?!) which made me reconsider the offer.

At this point it was already way into the night and I was still working on my presentation which was impossible to finish for the next day. After reading comments on people working at Vistaprint I deceided to cancel my interview and decline the offer as I felt that I would not be comfortable working at Vistaprint.

Interview Questions
    • Who are our main compatitors? Which are 5 of the most important websites in Germany? What is retargeting?   Answer Question

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

I had two telephone interviews and one face to face interviews. The first telephone interview was with HR and very basic then the second telephone interview was with the two hiring managers. I was asked a series of questions mostly related wit my experience. The face to face interview was a whole day process meeting the hiring managers, members of the team, I was also given case studies. Although the hiring decision took longer than expected I was kept informed the entire time and was given feedback from my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Business case was to evaluate an email campaign template and a basic ROI analysis.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Vistaprint in September 2014.

This was for a non-entry-level posisition. You are contacted first by email, then by phone with the recruiter; if all good, you get another phone interview with a manager; if all good, you get a in-office interview which normally last around 4 hours, which is the last step.

In this last step, I was given a real case-study, with literally just pen, paper and a simple calculator. After an hour, I had to present my findings to a couple of subject-matter experts. After that I had a 1:1 with a marketing manager, then another 1:1 with the team leader, and lastly a quick wrap up and office tour with someone from HR.

I had never been in such a detailed hiring process, so I kinda liked it; BUT it was painfully long. The whole thing lasted almost 4 months. Between the last step and the final decision was made, they took 1.5 months!! In all honesty, after waiting so long for a decision, you loose interest. At the end I think I didn't even want to be elected for the job... although Vistaprint has among the highest salaries in Barcelona, so... probably I would have accepted anyway hehe.

My background is on ecommerce, and the position needed a stronger business analytics background, so I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember one. I know I struggled the most with detailed business optimization questions, like details on how to reduce product costs, and alike.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in May 2008.

the phone call process was nice and informative- where we did go over a case study. In the interview process met with various members from the marketing organization who all had different focus areas.