Vistaprint Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
104 interviews

3.2

Business & Strategy Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

There is a weekend long recruiting event with many networking meals and a whole day of tours and interviewing. The building was gorgeous and everyone was very friendly.

Marketing Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in May 2008.

the phone call process was nice and informative- where we did go over a case study. In the interview process met with various members from the marketing organization who all had different focus areas.

Segment Marketing Director Interview

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in December 2009.

Bizarre, drawn out and peculiar best describe my interview experience. The belabored process consisted of three phone interviews, two case studies and thirteen 1:1 in person interviews. And, I only made it through the first round which required an investment of at least 13 hours, excluding prep time. How many people does it take to make a decision in this place?

In the beginning, communication with HR was steady. While being prepped by HR for my in person interviews, they told me many of the people I was going to meet had pretty good poker face's and it would be hard to tell if they liked me. Is there some rationale to this? A little positive reinforcement and a sense of welcome when you meet a candidate you like seems like a better approach.

Post interview follow-up was decent but then dramatically dropped off. Several follow-up emails and calls later regarding my candidacy I was informed that the hiring manager needed to meet more candidates before making a hiring decision. I was a bit surprised because HR had previously told me they had narrowed the field of ~40 strong candidates to myself and two others. Disappointed, I remained optimistic because I was told that I was still being considered.

Several weeks, emails and phone follow-ups later I found myself chasing them not only for an update on my candidacy but for my reimbursement expenses too. My inquiries requesting the status of my candidacy were completely ignored. I found this extremely rude and unprofessional, especially if I was still in contention.

The rest of this long story made short, I interviewed in mid-February submitted my expense reports several days later and now in mid-April have yet to be fully reimbursed. Most recent communication was "the check is in the mail." It was the same day in a separate email that I was finally informed they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a standard analytical consulting firm case study.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2009.

Phone tech screen, something difficult to take over the phone. Not sure what it had to do with the day-to-day of the actual job. Be prepared to study before you have it.

Interview Questions
    • various search/sort algorithm questions using simple data structures   Answer Question

Lead QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

They do the Phone Interview with couple of HR people before they pass it to Technical People. They do another round of phone interviews with Managerial level people before they call you for 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They have some kind of Numbered questions where they ask you to count the quantities and relevant benefits.   Answer Question
    Yes we have to negotiate to get the best offer. HR people are pretty good about it.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2012.

I was contacted by a nice HR lady who set up a time for me to talk to her.
    My first interview was a phone interview with her - standard HR stuff.
    My second phone interview was with a senior project manager.
    As a college student looking for a software engineering internship, I expected some variation of data structures questions, and general coding questions. However, I got nothing like the other questions I've seen on this site, or at any tech interview I've had. The interviewer instead asked me project manager and database questions which I had no experience with. When I could not answer correctly, the interviewer lamented my lack of experience in these areas. I came out of the whole experience irritated by the heavy corporate feel of the company, and the interview questions that had no relevance to my experience - they should not have given me an interview in the first place since they clearly were not looking for my skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how many tables you would need and how you would set up a database for an airport, airplane, flight, city.   Answer Question
    • From a sys admin perspective, how would you approach task X?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2012.

2 phonecalls, one from HR and one with the technical lead

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2011.

This was one of the worst interviewing experiences I have encountered. 4 hours of interviews stacked back to back. That is fine, been there done that but generally people take the time to ask you if you need water, a break or just a general pulse on how you are holding up.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked to problem solve a scenario they describe to you in no or little details.   View Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in December 2009.

Let me preface this that it is not the interview process I had a problem with it was the fact that 4 professionals could not agree on what they wanted and, the fact that it seemed that the feedback I recieved on my interview seemed completely out of touch with things that I said during the interview.

Vista print contacted me about an opportunity they were looking to fill (and had been looking to fill at that point for about 5 months). In a bad economy with a lot of people out of work this shouldn't have been a problem to fill the job slot, but because it was right around the Christmas Holidays they wanted to get me in ASAP otherwise I might miss the opportunity.

A lot of hurry up and wait.

The interview consisted of meeting with 4 individuals including my would be boss. At that point I was asked a broad question about how I would come up with the answer and to present a possible solution.

When I heard back from the HR person I was completely floored when she said that the feedback she received on me indicated that I had never visited their website?!?! I attempted to explain that this wasn't at all the case, I had in fact visited their website but was asked if I had every bought anything from them which, I had not. She brushed it off as being a miscommunication. (I certainly won't be buying anything from them now!)

I liked the hiring manager a lot and I thought I would have worked well with her. It's a shame that in the end things got all jumbled up and that they had spent so much time vetting and looking for the 'right person'. The feedback from HR is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about this company. Shame, really a shame.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in April 2012.

This was one of the longest and useless interviews I have ever experienced. I had initially applied online and was contacted after one week by HR for a phone screen. After one more week I was asked to phone interview with the hiring manager and so I did and we spoke for approximately 45 minutes. The conversation went well but I never heard anything from them for about one month later. Apparently they had several candidates go through the entire process but could not find a match (red flag!). The HR manager called me after a month and invited to fly me to Boston for 2 days of interviews (4 hours each day). I agreed as they were going to pay for all expenses. Upon reflection, it was not worth the hassle. I spent two days interviewing with a total of 8 people plus had to perform a case interview the first day and role play on a real life company situation the second day. They were basically able to use me like their own personal monkey in a suit for these two days. When I finally finished, the HR manager walked me out of the building, told me he would debrief with the team on the next morning and I would hear from him “either way” within the next 24 hours. I never received a call, email, nothing! Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time type questions along with STAR questions   Answer Question