Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.3

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2015.

Interview

First phone interview was brief, ~20 min, common behavioral & experience questions. 2nd was phone case interview with someone from the marketing team; brief estimation type question with more strict marketing discipline questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Very comprehensive, met with several people from different departments. Asked lots of insightful questions. Explained role and organization in a way that was easy to understand. Strong culture. Strong management function at company and management development program. Enjoyed hearing about company growth and expansion and opportunity for growth roles from within.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter who went over possible positions for me. Went into the interview for 6 hours with 5 different people. The first 4 interviews were coding tests, and the 4th one specifically was revolving around classes and OOP (coupons and coupon codes). The 5th interview was a thought question on how to optimize a specific system.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

They had me for an on campus interview where I did a 30 min technical (basic statistics+graphs) paper/pencil test, followed by behavioral questions. Afterwards they flew me to Boston for a full day interview followed by night bowling event. Overall a great experience!

Online Marketing Specialist DACH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

I applied for the position 2 weeks ago and was contacted immidiatly by their HR team for 1 hour interview via phone. I basically had to explain my resume in detail and also answer questions to my persona like: What are your weak and strong points? Why would you like to work at Vistaprint etc. I was told that a second interview with the hiring manager would follow and promptly got invited to their offices in Barcelona. Their offices are amazing, only HR occupies an entire floor. I was interviewed by the HR Manager, which was very friendly and easy. Then I met the hiring manager and a team member. The interview was difficult and there were several technical questions involved. After an hour interview I got contacted straight away again inviting me for a 3rd interview the same week, but this time a entire day ( 7 hours with 8 different managers and coworkers) to do case studies. The day before the interview I was contacted again informing me that there was a mistake and that I should have gotten a case study to resolve and to be sent back before my last interview round. I received the email ( after asking for it) at around 6 pm having the interview next day at 9.30 am, together with the schedule for my interviews. The case study was about general online marketing knowledge, however with the brief time I had left it was almost impossible to do a good presentation ( in Power Point and Excel) as requested. I also had a look at the interview schedule and was a bit shocked to see that in 7 hour interview, there was not one minute break ( apart from a lunch break together with a intern !?!) which made me reconsider the offer. At this point it was already way into the night and I was still working on my presentation which was impossible to finish for the next day. After reading comments on people working at Vistaprint I deceided to cancel my interview and decline the offer as I felt that I would not be comfortable working at Vistaprint.

Interview Questions

• Who are our main compatitors? Which are 5 of the most important websites in Germany? What is retargeting?   Answer Question

QA Test Lead Engineer-sap Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was initially interviewed for the position by the HR recruiter, then she set me up for another phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well with the hiring manager. I was then set up with another phone interview with a project manager. The interview went well. I was then ask to come for a face to face interview to meet the hiring team. I was interview by 7 people for the job. A very lenghty interview process where one was technical interview, the other are normal HR and behavioral and another on QA process etc... Process was lenghty but wait time was short for a decision

Interview Questions

• One of the case study was that I was given a calculator on a printed paper and was asked about how will I test it? The second was to test my analytical skill and was to describe how will I handle the below situation: You use a device to receive goods from 2 plants. The receipt from plant A is just fine and the receit from plan B is slow. What could be the possible scenarios that could have gone wrong   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in June 2012.

Interview

The process was very slow. I got in contact with them trough linkedin and the first thing they ask me was to answer to a questionnaire where I mainly had to explain the reason why I wanted to work with them and why I was the right person for the position. These question became a constant in the interview process and where asked over and over, by the hiring manager and all the HR representative. I finally got a phone interview, and everything went quiet smoothie, followed by a manager phone call in which he explain me in detail the department and the working environment, however not going into details on the position and what exactly was my job. It was not defined yet. It seemed they wanted to be sure I was the right person for the job but they didn’t have clear what my job exactly was. I got called for the interview, it was a day process from 9 am to about 4 pm, where I got interviewed by different managers in different departments. The fist two cases where problem solving, analytic issues etc. The questions where very simple, but hard to understand due to the acent of the interviewer and how they develop the issue, with no detail or full information there was no specific question they simply wanted to see how you think. I had difficult in the calculation as you don’t have a calculator you are suppose to do everything with your head. I relaxed myself as the interview went on and in the second case I genuinely thought I used good analytic skills to solve all the issues. I had difficult to understand the connection between Vistaprint job and the question I was asked ( something about a train being late, how to divide a cake minimizing the number of cut, and how many restaurants are in Barcelona). I finished the 6 hours interview process happy of my results and sure I had a good chance. However after over a week there were no news from the company. I finally contact them by mail. They called me the next day, to tell me my analytic skills were not strong enough for them. Fair enough, I wrote down a mail with all the specific problems we have been trough in each interview and I sent it to every single manager. My questions were very specific and detailed, and this is why I wanted an answer. No answer came back from the manager, however I got called again from the HR girl, she thank me for taking the time sending them the mail, and answered to all the questions I had with the same thing: very creative, but your analytic skills are not strong enough for our company. Fair enough.

Interview Questions

• Calculate how many restaurants are in Barcelona   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

This was one of the longest and useless interviews I have ever experienced. I had initially applied online and was contacted after one week by HR for a phone screen. After one more week I was asked to phone interview with the hiring manager and so I did and we spoke for approximately 45 minutes. The conversation went well but I never heard anything from them for about one month later. Apparently they had several candidates go through the entire process but could not find a match (red flag!). The HR manager called me after a month and invited to fly me to Boston for 2 days of interviews (4 hours each day). I agreed as they were going to pay for all expenses. Upon reflection, it was not worth the hassle. I spent two days interviewing with a total of 8 people plus had to perform a case interview the first day and role play on a real life company situation the second day. They were basically able to use me like their own personal monkey in a suit for these two days. When I finally finished, the HR manager walked me out of the building, told me he would debrief with the team on the next morning and I would hear from him “either way” within the next 24 hours. I never received a call, email, nothing! Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time type questions along with STAR questions   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2012.

Interview

2 phonecalls, one from HR and one with the technical lead