Vistaprint

102 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

Intern
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with several people: first an HR rep, then 3 people from the team / department I would be working in. I then ended with the HR rep. Vistaprint is ranked as one of the hardest companies to interview with, but for an intern position it was much more relaxed. They just want to know about your past work experience, why you're interested in them, and what you'll bring to the table.

Interview Question – What do you think we could be doing better?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, I was an intern.

Public Relations/Social Media Interview

Public Relations/Social Media
Lexington, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Vistaprint in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was not offered the position and this interview took place about 3 years ago, so my memory is fuzzy. I applied online and was contacted for a phone screening, and then invited in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview took up a good portion of the day, at least 4 hours. It involved competency tests to ensure that the applicant could write well. The interview also included a tour of the facility along with a discussion about their company's culture. The real problem lies in the follow-up process. After the interview, I was told that I would receive a follow-up on whether or not I would receive an offer. I did not receive a follow-up message. After spending a good portion of the day with them, the least they could do is provide a me a follow-up message.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was been pinged by a recruiter several times and finally decided to explore the opportunities with vistaprint. There was a HR phone screen, Hiring manager phone screen and then set on-site interviews. The people were communicating very well during these rounds. After the interviews, they took more than a week to inform about their decision. Recruiter said she would share some feedback after the interviews, but kept postponing her phone call appointments. Very unprofessional and unethical during the closure of the recruiting process.

Interview Question – Object oriented analysis and design questions. Each interviewer just presented the problem and had little or no involvement during the session.   Answer Question

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Business and Strategy Analyst

Interviewed at Vistaprint

Interview Details – Analytical exam and Phone interview

Interview Question – Detailed case question which was more qualitative than quantitative.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

PHP Developer
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – I applied to Vistaprint on linkedin, they contacted me by email and we scheduled the first phone interview one week leater. The call was about half an hour. We didn't talk about my background. The recruiter asked directly about technical issue. The questions were not difficult.

Interview Question – what's mean OO?
is php an OO language?
what is a class? did you ever written a class?
do you prefer XAMPP, LAMP, WAMP or MAMP? why?
did you ever used wordpress? did you ever written your own wordpress plugin? do you think wordpress is secure system? why?
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Winterthur (Switzerland)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in May 2013.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews.

The first interview was a standard developer phone interview.
I was asked to write some basic code, a simple sort, and it was critiqued by the interviewer with an unusual emphasis on complexity, O notation.

The second interview was an all day interview with 5 different interviewers, one at a time no group interviews.
Each interviewer covered different topics, CV, development, software design and general problem solving with a final Why you want to work here section.
The interviewers were friendly and pleasant and the atmosphere was relaxed. There was enough time to ask your questions as well as answering theirs although it does feel like a long day.

Interview Question – The general problem solving question was hard since it was non-technical, you had to come up with an estimate for the market for a potential new product based on guesswork and instinct.
Obviously the are more interested in how you think than the answer but that still threw me completely since it was so far from the technical arena.
  Answer Question

IT Interview

IT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – I thought the interview process went very well. The recruiter was very optimistic so I was surprised when I did not get the job. I had what I considered an extra interview and I suspected it was to keep interest while they looked to see if they could find someone better.

Interview Question – The interview was HIGHLY technical and felt more like a certification exam than an interview of my ability to meet the job requirements or expectations.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – They ask the same qustions over and over to everyone. Asked me some dumb question about shampoo bottles.

Interview Question – Wasn't very hard   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Senior Associate, Marketing
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2012.

Interview Details – At first, the screening process seemed to go quite smooth. 3 telephone interviews (HR and Marketing) on which I received a very positive feedback. Though, after these interviews I got a phone call from HR in which they informed me that they were ending the financial year (balance sheets), so after this I would receive the invitation to the ‘on-site interview day’ a few weeks later. No problem.

The HR manager called me a few weeks later and told me the job I was heading for, was changed (now, it included more responsibilities). Ok, no problem at all.
I was told that I would get an invitation for the on-site interview day in Barcelona later that week. I was actually surprised that I received an invitation for an online assessment first. Ok, no problem. I didn’t mention it and did the analytical test (feedback: scored very well). From here I finally received the on-site invitation. In the program of the on-site invitation was a presentation of an hour in which I had to present an assignment. The assignment was actually sent (after asking when I would receive the case!) 2 days before the on-site day. The assignment was 1 slide, very generic information.
Overall, the day on-site went quite well. They told me I was the only candidate. I did the presentation, which went quite well. Though, they asked me questions about something they forgot to put in the assignment. Failure of the marketing manager who had written the assignment. The 1-1 interviews (5 in total) were sometimes more formal than others, no questions kept me puzzled though and the tour through the building gave me the feeling that this company is young and vibrant. They told me I would hear the result of my interviews very soon.
When I still didn’t hear anything after 4 days I send an email to the HR manager. She told me that she still hasn’t spoken with all of the interviewers. Then, 3 days later I received the call in which they told me I was too theoretical and didn’t get the role. Duh.
Though I was disappointed about the result, I was then again shocked by all the reviews from candidates and employees working (or worked) in Barcelona for Vistaprint (Vistatrapped, management by fear, heads cut off, fired, continuous stress etc).

From sending my cv to the final (negative) feedback 3 months passed by. Travelling expenses were reimbursed within 2 weeks. Cheers to that.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – The asked me in depth question on my technical background such java and sql

Interview Question – How would you use Java to trouble a client problem?   Answer Question