Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014

3.2

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles.
    If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now.

There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions
    • Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state?
      The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions
        Answer Question
    Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2013.

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Shipping and Receiving Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2012.

One of the longest interview processes that I have ever had to do, especially for a "shipping and receiving coordinator" position, which was really just a mail room position for the building. The interview process began with a phone interview and I was in for an interview a few days later. At the first interview I had to interview with a recruiter and then two employees of the facilities team. It was a long and grueling few hours but it seemed worth it. I was also given a tour of the building. Now, here is where things get interesting. It took them over two months to make me come in for a second interview, during this time the recruiter kept saying I was the best candidate. It got to the point that I didn't think I would get another interview even though he said I was the best candidate they had interviewed. After I finally got the second interview, it consisted of another few hours of interviews with the same employees from the first interview but also with a higher up manager. After about a week or two I finally got a hold of the recruiter who told me they decided to pick another candidate for the job. The experience was exhausting especially for the kind of job it was and also felt like a huge waste of my time given how much time the whole process was.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly about how I would deal with other employees needs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

I interviewed with several people: first an HR rep, then 3 people from the team / department I would be working in. I then ended with the HR rep. Vistaprint is ranked as one of the hardest companies to interview with, but for an intern position it was much more relaxed. They just want to know about your past work experience, why you're interested in them, and what you'll bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think we could be doing better?   View Answer
    None, I was an intern.

Public Relations/Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Vistaprint in April 2010.

I was not offered the position and this interview took place about 3 years ago, so my memory is fuzzy. I applied online and was contacted for a phone screening, and then invited in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview took up a good portion of the day, at least 4 hours. It involved competency tests to ensure that the applicant could write well. The interview also included a tour of the facility along with a discussion about their company's culture. The real problem lies in the follow-up process. After the interview, I was told that I would receive a follow-up on whether or not I would receive an offer. I did not receive a follow-up message. After spending a good portion of the day with them, the least they could do is provide a me a follow-up message.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2013.

I was been pinged by a recruiter several times and finally decided to explore the opportunities with vistaprint. There was a HR phone screen, Hiring manager phone screen and then set on-site interviews. The people were communicating very well during these rounds. After the interviews, they took more than a week to inform about their decision. Recruiter said she would share some feedback after the interviews, but kept postponing her phone call appointments. Very unprofessional and unethical during the closure of the recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • Object oriented analysis and design questions. Each interviewer just presented the problem and had little or no involvement during the session.   Answer Question

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Analytical exam and Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Detailed case question which was more qualitative than quantitative.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online - interviewed at Vistaprint.

I applied to Vistaprint on linkedin, they contacted me by email and we scheduled the first phone interview one week leater. The call was about half an hour. We didn't talk about my background. The recruiter asked directly about technical issue. The questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • what's mean OO?
      is php an OO language?
      what is a class? did you ever written a class?
      do you prefer XAMPP, LAMP, WAMP or MAMP? why?
      did you ever used wordpress? did you ever written your own wordpress plugin? do you think wordpress is secure system? why?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winterthur (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in May 2013.

There were 2 interviews.

The first interview was a standard developer phone interview.
    I was asked to write some basic code, a simple sort, and it was critiqued by the interviewer with an unusual emphasis on complexity, O notation.

The second interview was an all day interview with 5 different interviewers, one at a time no group interviews.
    Each interviewer covered different topics, CV, development, software design and general problem solving with a final Why you want to work here section.
    The interviewers were friendly and pleasant and the atmosphere was relaxed. There was enough time to ask your questions as well as answering theirs although it does feel like a long day.

Interview Questions
    • The general problem solving question was hard since it was non-technical, you had to come up with an estimate for the market for a potential new product based on guesswork and instinct.
      Obviously the are more interested in how you think than the answer but that still threw me completely since it was so far from the technical arena.

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

I thought the interview process went very well. The recruiter was very optimistic so I was surprised when I did not get the job. I had what I considered an extra interview and I suspected it was to keep interest while they looked to see if they could find someone better.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was HIGHLY technical and felt more like a certification exam than an interview of my ability to meet the job requirements or expectations.   Answer Question