Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I got in touch with them through a college career fair. First I had an analytic test which was done through internet. A couple of days later they told me I had made it to the second round. Which was an on-campus behavioral interview. This interview was ok, I thought I had done very well but they didn't contact me after it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winterthur (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Winterthur (Switzerland)) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a first phone screening with a guy from HR. Then I had a technical phone screening from another software engineer. In that interview I was asked to solve a simple programming task and a simple architecture task (UML, inheritance). After that I was invited to Winterthur to a 4+ hour interview with multiple segments: programming, oo-design (archtitecture), problem solving and communication and some talk about me and the company. I was only interviewed by one interviewer at a time and the atmosphere was relaxed. They also were open about the up and down sides of the company.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Since I was older than most of the folks I was going to be working with, the hiring manager had older software QA engineers from other groups interview me. It was a 6 hour in-person interview and prior to that several phone interviews with HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Analysis of several case studies. What I would test, what assumptions I made, etc... They even took the scrap paper that I was writing to figure out the problems   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair and received two one hour interviews back to back. The questions were pretty simple on the outset, so it was mostly a test of one's thinking process and thoroughness. The interviews were almost entirely answering coding questions. There wasn't strictly a behavioral portion; just a chance to ask the interviewers about their positions. Be prepared to mention what projects you've worked on, though.

Interview Questions

• Design an elevator shaft using object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem. I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it. After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I applied on campus and had an on campus interview. The process was organized and I met with each person for an hour. I interviewed with two developers. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• One question was to design an algorithm to optimally fit different sized cards on a piece of paper. The second question covered object oriented design   Answer Question

Forecaster/Workforce Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Jamaica, VT) in May 2012.

Interview

Was interviewed by the WFM manager and the Supervisor. It consisted mainly of questions and scenarios mainly relating to WFM processes and procedures. Some questions were also assked regarding individual qualities and how they relate the various functions that one would be performing in the capacity of a Workforce Management Analyst.

Interview Questions

• Give a detailed explanation of all that is involved with WFM   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

Interview

I originally applied for a different position at VistaPrint. About a week later, I was contacted by a recruiter asking my interest in the Associate Analyst position. I showed my interest and an interview was set up a few days later with the hiring manager. The interview was pretty straight forward. However, after learning more about the position during the interview, I became aware that this position was not a good match for me. I was pretty bummed out, especially because the recruiter reached out to me for this position that I did not originally apply for.

Interview Questions

• There was no curve balls asked during the interview. Every question was very straight forward about my experience and skill set.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I ended up applying late, but this process was still the best of all the internships I"ve interviewed for. I submitted my resume on a Tuesday, got a call back on Wednesday, set up interviews for Thursday morning, and had the offer by Thursday afternoon. The campus recruiting office is the BEST - very helpful, informative, nice, etc. I did the actual interviews via the phone, and did coding over a collaboration coding tool (via the internet) and over google docs. The interviewers were really nice and helpful, and I got a good vibe from them. Interview questions were unsurprising and kinda standard. 1.) OOP design question (Design an elevator system, and they gave me some scenarios to consider while building). Be prepped to do a UML diagram. 2.) Pretty simple geometry algorithm question that was sort of like your classic box-packing problem. You shouldn't need to prep too much for this one... it's really easy to overthink though, so be wary of that.

Interview Questions

• The elevator design was challenging just because there is no right answer. The most important thing there is to clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm an intern. I was surprised at how high it was that I didn't think fast enough to start negotiating.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Internal reference, but excessive interview process relative to the position and salary. I'm not sure the people interviewing really know what they want or at least don't seem to clearly articulate the context of their questions and concerns.