Vistaprint

103 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2012.

Interview Details – The first round is on campus, and there are several multiple choice questions and a small case, which is just a GRE AW question. After that, they flew me to Boston and conducted three interviews after a tour of the company.

Interview Question – A case about subway bottleneck   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Interview Details – Apply on Career Fair. Got an on campus interview two weeks after. 2 hours interview - first hour OO Design question, second hour behavior and coding question.

Interview Question – Design an elevator system   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – They had me for an on campus interview where I did a 30 min technical (basic statistics+graphs) paper/pencil test, followed by behavioral questions. Afterwards they flew me to Boston for a full day interview followed by night bowling event. Overall a great experience!

Interview Question – A case interview on subway system+bottleneck.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2012.

Interview Details – Found them at the career fair, had dinner with them and then a first round interview on campus. Mix of behavioral and technical questions of 45 minutes. Then, I got invited the very next evening to their Super Saturday Weekend Event from Friday night to Sunday. Friday night was a lot of fun and I talked to a lot of Vistaprint employees, and the Charles Hotel they invite you too was very nice. On Saturday morning, they drove us to their office and we had a tour, and then 3 one hour interviews (depends on your group). One of the interviews was problem solving, and the other two were design/coding questions. Interviewers were really cool and worked with you towards your solution instead of trying to stump you. Afterwards, they had a company wide event at a bar/restaurant/bowling alley with free food and drinks! it was really fun!

after 3 days, I heard back from them that I got an offer. The hr is excellent for college recruiting and they get back to you fast!

Interview Question – Signed a disclosure form, so I can't say it. There were no "tricky" / classic interview questions though   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer very well for college grads (although the price of living is very high for that area)

Associate Analyst Interview Interview

Associate Analyst Interview
Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied through my Career Services. Vistaprint was not my top choice but it looked like people enjoyed working there and the work would be consultative in nature. I just submitted my resume and cover letter and got an on-campus interview.

There was an information session the night before the first round interview. It was highly informational and probably the best of the info sessions I attended but that is not saying terribly much. The presentation gave me a lot more appreciation for the difficulty associated with the problems Vistaprint is solving.

There is both a behavioral interview and some problem solving with a case study. Good for you or not, there is no way to study for this. It was slightly tricky but not terrible. We finished up by discussing the case study. He graded my answers after I left. I got a call for Vistaprint's SuperSaturday event, which invites all candidates (primarily Harvard, MIT, Cornell, Dartmouth, CMU, RIT, and WPI) to Vistaprint's headquarters in Lexington, MA.

We stayed at a hotel in Cambridge and the first night was a networking session that was really well done. They gave everyone from the different divisions colored lanyards to distinguish who you actually wanted to talk to. Everyone seemed pretty relaxed and intelligent. They all seemed happy with their decision and felt like they were really developing professionally. There was also a Q&A panel for each of the divisions as well as a larger Q&A.

The interview day consists of a tour of the facilities followed by 3 45-minute interviews. You get a behavioral interview, case study, and technical interview. The case study was definitely one of the most fun parts of my whole recruitment process so have some fun with it.

I wanted to learn a lot, actually contribute, and have the potential to grow really fast and Vistaprint is great for that. You really start your career hitting the ground running and everyone is highly supportive. You certainly can make a career out of your time here and they do really try to hold on to the high performers. I know I did not care much about work-life balance during the interview process, but it is really nice to have a social life even on weekdays.

Interview Question – I do not remember any specific questions but definitely come with questions. They understand you probably dont know much about the company and the culture is very open to questioning everything.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight forward. I interviewed on campus and was asked a string pattern matching question. Once I answered the question, I was asked to optimize on the method and get a better solution. It lasted for about 30 mins. And then I was directly called on-site for the next round.

Interview Question – Did you know Vistaprint prior to Job-fair?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Solutions Manager - Business Intelligence Interview

Solutions Manager - Business Intelligence
Lexington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR; Phone interview with VP Business Intelligence - onsite interviews with Marketing Technologist; subordinate team member of Business Intelligence; soulutions Manager of Supply Chain; self-centered "guru" of Architects - guy named Marco....

Interview Question – Business case with Marco was something out of an MBA in Operations; I have no idea what that case study had to do with being able to manage and direct a group of technologists and business intelligence, but apparently Marco did.... He seemed to be proud of the fact that if candidates could not get past his little case study, that there was little chance you would be employed by Vistaprint.....   Answer Question

QA Test Lead Engineer-sap Interview

QA Test Lead Engineer-sap
Lexington, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed for the position by the HR recruiter, then she set me up for another phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well with the hiring manager. I was then set up with another phone interview with a project manager. The interview went well. I was then ask to come for a face to face interview to meet the hiring team. I was interview by 7 people for the job. A very lenghty interview process where one was technical interview, the other are normal HR and behavioral and another on QA process etc... Process was lenghty but wait time was short for a decision

Interview Question – One of the case study was that I was given a calculator on a printed paper and was asked about how will I test it?
The second was to test my analytical skill and was to describe how will I handle the below situation:
You use a device to receive goods from 2 plants. The receipt from plant A is just fine and the receit from plan B is slow. What could be the possible scenarios that could have gone wrong
  Answer Question

Manager, Software Interview

Manager, Software
Lexington, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint in April 2012.

Interview Details – For a software manager position, one can expect to be interviewed by an experienced or senior interviewer and to be asked questions related to management styles, leadership skills, overall technical understanding, problem solving skills, etc...
However, the interview is performed first by some junior programmer who asked me to do a coding exercise on a piece of paper. Second interviewer is another junior person who asked for an hypothetical OO design on a white board. Then another person (who seemed the most experienced) who asked some good SQL questions.
The whole interview felt as it was for a programming position and not for someone who has the necessary skills to manage, lead and motivate a team.

Further more, I later found the exact same questions that I was asked published by previous VistaPrint candidates on many web sites. This simply means that many of the people who passed their awkward tests simply read them online beforehand, which says a lot about the quality of the people working there.

Interview Question – How to find the index and value of a missing element of an array of 5000 numbers   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Senior Associate, Marketing
Lexington, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2012.

Interview Details – Get ready to answer case study questions about the products on the website. Also be able to negotiate a contract. What do you like and would alter on the Vistaprint.com site? Give examples of marketing projects you've worked on from beginning to end.

Interview Questions