Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Questions

• Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vistaprint (Rochester, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Called me to schedule an interview a couple of days in advance. Consisted of 2 one hour interviews. One was more on the system design side the other was more on the algorithm creating side.

Interview Questions

• none where difficult. I was asked to design an elevator. next was to create an algorithm to predict how many sheets are needed to print a certain number of graphics.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA).

Interview

HR setup an initial technical phone interview with a QA engineer and the screening lasted an hour. Questions asked:
    Explain the database model for Airlines, How do you test a calculator, Different testing techniques you used, How do you test the high risk areas of an application differently than other areas, Explain the automation framework you have developed, How do you test an application with multiple sets of data, What was your role in last project, What did you learn from your last project.
    I cleared the phone interview and went in for a face to face which consited of half day with 4 different interviewers and vistaprint sponsored lunch.
    I was in a very small room with a board.
    First round was with automation engineer
    1) object oriented programming basic concepts definitions, and one simple coding exercise, you can write in any language you are familiar with
    2) DBMS definitions questions. Then he will give a printed database design and ask queries to write on board based on that DB model.
    Second round was QA methodologies kind of questions.
    Third round was problem solving
    Lunch
    4th round was with QA manager, he would ask behavioral and past experience questions
    HR will come back and do wrap up.
    They told they will take a decision in 2 days and let me know. But havent heard back from them yet.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Asked back for multiple interviews. Had to solve case studies, even though I have years of experience and a solid track record.

Interview Questions

These folks take far too long to make decisions. I ended up talking to the same person multiple times, and they wanted me to loop back after talking to yet more people. It's amazing that they ever get to hire anyone since most companies move faster.

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2014.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews and one face to face interviews. The first telephone interview was with HR and very basic then the second telephone interview was with the two hiring managers. I was asked a series of questions mostly related wit my experience. The face to face interview was a whole day process meeting the hiring managers, members of the team, I was also given case studies. Although the hiring decision took longer than expected I was kept informed the entire time and was given feedback from my interview.

Interview Questions

• Business case was to evaluate an email campaign template and a basic ROI analysis.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiters through a campus recruiting event - a couple of weeks later, received a call inviting me to interview with two engineers the next morning at my school's career lab. Went through two in-person technical interviews, both fairly straightforward: one design-focused interview and one quick coding problem. They called me up again two days later to give me an offer. The entire process was surprisingly quick, no complaints as far as that goes.

Interview Questions

• One open-ended question about object-oriented design, one quick coding problem to ensure that you actually can code on demand. Nothing too difficult, no specific knowledge of any particular language necessary.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Tough interview process. First round interview consisted of a case study while the final interview round consisted of three one-hour long interviews. The culture at VistaPrint was great, and everyone there was very nice and welcoming. They made you want to work there. Very young culture. The interview session was set up so you were able to explore and learn more about the company the same day you were doing your final round interview for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I applied to the internship online via the web portal provided by my university after meeting a company representative at the career fair. I was contacted after a week or so for a 2 hour interview with two different interviewers. The interview was heavily focused on object oriented programming and some behavior questions. They discussed my past projects.

Interview Questions

• Descibe a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received email from recruiter five days later, who set up a phone interview for a couple days later, which was a Monday. Phone conversation lasted maybe twenty minutes. Recruiter seemed to be just going through a checklist. Standard questions like why did you leave your last job, why do you want to work at Vistaprint. Said she was discussing all the candidates with the hiring manager this week and would get back to me by Friday. No other correspondence occurred with the company.

Interview Questions

• There were no behavioral questions or any that might be considered tough to answer.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process included submission of CV and Cover Letter online. Getting phone interview was the result of a referral from a network recruiter. Phone interview was brief (15 minutes) with interviewer stating that they were not going to match me for the position.

Interview Questions

• There was a gap in the time that I performed a role similar to the one described in the job listing which was ultimately the reason the interviewer gave for not matching me to the role.   1 Answer