Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.2

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2014.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews and one face to face interviews. The first telephone interview was with HR and very basic then the second telephone interview was with the two hiring managers. I was asked a series of questions mostly related wit my experience. The face to face interview was a whole day process meeting the hiring managers, members of the team, I was also given case studies. Although the hiring decision took longer than expected I was kept informed the entire time and was given feedback from my interview.

Interview Questions

• Business case was to evaluate an email campaign template and a basic ROI analysis.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiters through a campus recruiting event - a couple of weeks later, received a call inviting me to interview with two engineers the next morning at my school's career lab. Went through two in-person technical interviews, both fairly straightforward: one design-focused interview and one quick coding problem. They called me up again two days later to give me an offer. The entire process was surprisingly quick, no complaints as far as that goes.

Interview Questions

• One open-ended question about object-oriented design, one quick coding problem to ensure that you actually can code on demand. Nothing too difficult, no specific knowledge of any particular language necessary.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Tough interview process. First round interview consisted of a case study while the final interview round consisted of three one-hour long interviews. The culture at VistaPrint was great, and everyone there was very nice and welcoming. They made you want to work there. Very young culture. The interview session was set up so you were able to explore and learn more about the company the same day you were doing your final round interview for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I applied to the internship online via the web portal provided by my university after meeting a company representative at the career fair. I was contacted after a week or so for a 2 hour interview with two different interviewers. The interview was heavily focused on object oriented programming and some behavior questions. They discussed my past projects.

Interview Questions

• Descibe a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received email from recruiter five days later, who set up a phone interview for a couple days later, which was a Monday. Phone conversation lasted maybe twenty minutes. Recruiter seemed to be just going through a checklist. Standard questions like why did you leave your last job, why do you want to work at Vistaprint. Said she was discussing all the candidates with the hiring manager this week and would get back to me by Friday. No other correspondence occurred with the company.

Interview Questions

• There were no behavioral questions or any that might be considered tough to answer.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process included submission of CV and Cover Letter online. Getting phone interview was the result of a referral from a network recruiter. Phone interview was brief (15 minutes) with interviewer stating that they were not going to match me for the position.

Interview Questions

• There was a gap in the time that I performed a role similar to the one described in the job listing which was ultimately the reason the interviewer gave for not matching me to the role.   1 Answer

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Recruiter was really supportive from beginning till end but it all worth nothing. They have 1 phone interview then onsite round which would be like whole day activity. Interview consisted of behavioral, logical, just scenario based seeking leadership qualities and one technical. Basically they would engage your for whole day with various anonymous rounds)
    They have one developer to take your technical round who will usually ask database question and simple query and one simple coding question-level of question is too low. if you know more than developer then you are wrong because he did not understand what you tried to explain. He asked me to implement database and I designed database using one of most popular data model which helps improving performance for Big data. Since developer did not had any knowledge about big data, data modelling, star schema..so he kept asking me importance of fact table which was frustrating.
    I already had an offer which was way more than what Vistaprint could afford so they came back with silly feedback that developer didn't see what he was looking for which means my candidacy was totally dependent on single interviewer(that Developer who had shallow knowledge) and rest of the rounds were useless and just a waste of time. Out of 6 rounds which all went well from my side, I was told only technical round mattered .
    So Unprofessional..bad interview experience.They interview level is easy but its all adhoc and random. some of the interviewer might not show up so juts random unprepared employee would be send in to kill your time

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Spoke to 6 people in 3 separate sessions. 3 interviews were non-technical in nature and more about "fit". The other 3 interviews (conducted via Skype) included technical assessments of object oriented design, basic statistics and coding.

The HR lead informed me of the kinds of questions that will be asked so I had some preparation beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many shampoo bottles are used yearly by hotels in a given city, followed by questions about distribution, assumptions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was better than market rate so I didn't negotiate further.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles.
    If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now.

There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions

• Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state?
      The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions

Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.