Vistaprint

Getting the Interview

94 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted on 1 Phone Interview
Questions
Find missing number in array of numbers 1-1000
Differences between C/C++
Loop in linked list

Interview Question – Missing number in array on 1-1000   Answer Question

Lexington, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview 10 days before the on-site interview. Some basic question about network protocols. And one basic coding question - how to find the only one missing number in a array of 1- 10000?

Got the notice to go an two-day on-site interview in Lexington. In fact, just one afternoon was spent on interview and a lot time spending on networkings... Three round 1:1 interviews.

First one is about OOD. Design a robert which can serve in the restaurant. Given other three functions relevant to the kitchen: kitchen.make(), kitchen.isready(), kitchen.get()

The second one is coding. Write a program to calculate the total amount of the shopping cart. There are three kind of coupons in the system: 1. all the products get N% discount 2. The next product get N% discount 3. The Nth of the P product get D dollar off (ex. the third box of pencils get 10cents off)

The third one is behavior and problem solving. Behavior question is to describe a hard time you go through in the recent. Problem solving is the hotel-size shampoo question - how many bottles of the hotel-size shampoo should be produced each year? Note: It's the hotel-size shampoo!!!

Get a thank-you phone after four days of the interview. Very disappointed. It seems that this company prefers the candidates around Boston Area.

Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was my first interview on my full-time job hunting journey. I applied through campus career education center for this on campus interview. Basically, this interview lasted about an hour. The first half was consisted of introduction to VistaPrint and then going through my resume, I found the interviewer marked something on my resume, but the conversation was focused mainly on my summer intern. The second part, we did a programming test, I was asked to write code on a paper. The interviewer took out a long sentence, then he presented me a table with two columns. The first column was the extracted words from that sentence, the second column was the position that word appeared in the sentence. For example, "the song is the best", then, in the table, in the "the" row, the position was displayed as "0, 12", in the "song" row, the position was displayed as "4" and so on. Then, the interviewer asked me to find a data structure to store the information of this table. I could use any language I wanted. Therefore, I chose HashMap in Java. After this, the interviewer presented the second task, which was to bring back the sentence if you are given this table stored in the data structure you chose. It should not be hard if you write code on Eclipse, but the thing is I relied too much on the help of Eclipse that I could hardly remembered some functions and made me feel awkward. Finally, I finished that problem, but I was sure there should be mistakes. So my experience is that, try practicing coding on paper as well. It could be harder than your imagination especially when somebody is staring at you. I was told they moved on with other candidates 2 days later. Anyway, Good Luck to Everyone!

Interview Question – Choose a data structure to store the extracted words and their positions in a sentence and then bring the sentence back using any language you like. Writing code on paper.   View Answers (2)

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Lexington, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in December 2009.

Interview Details – Let me preface this that it is not the interview process I had a problem with it was the fact that 4 professionals could not agree on what they wanted and, the fact that it seemed that the feedback I recieved on my interview seemed completely out of touch with things that I said during the interview.

Vista print contacted me about an opportunity they were looking to fill (and had been looking to fill at that point for about 5 months). In a bad economy with a lot of people out of work this shouldn't have been a problem to fill the job slot, but because it was right around the Christmas Holidays they wanted to get me in ASAP otherwise I might miss the opportunity.

A lot of hurry up and wait.

The interview consisted of meeting with 4 individuals including my would be boss. At that point I was asked a broad question about how I would come up with the answer and to present a possible solution.

When I heard back from the HR person I was completely floored when she said that the feedback she received on me indicated that I had never visited their website?!?! I attempted to explain that this wasn't at all the case, I had in fact visited their website but was asked if I had every bought anything from them which, I had not. She brushed it off as being a miscommunication. (I certainly won't be buying anything from them now!)

I liked the hiring manager a lot and I thought I would have worked well with her. It's a shame that in the end things got all jumbled up and that they had spent so much time vetting and looking for the 'right person'. The feedback from HR is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about this company. Shame, really a shame.

Interview Question – How much ice   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Manager, Project Management Interview

Lexington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a request for a phone interview a week later. I met with 4 people for the first round including the recruiter. The recruiter did prep me by telling me that they were going to ask me a strategic type question that I was going to have to be able to answer. It was "How many bottles of shampoo used in hotels around the world?" I thought the question was a bit bizarre for a project manager position, but I did the best I could. I have no idea whether or not I answered it correctly. After that round, the recruiter invited me back in for round 2. In this round I had to prepare a case study in 45 minutes and present it to my potential future manager and another peer. That was definitely nervewracking but I felt I did well. I was again contacted by the recruiter and invited back for the last round to meet with some potential peers and VP of the group. I was asked to produce a roadmap for possible products added to the suite. Again, I was puzzled why a project manager was asked this type of question. I did my best again.
Overall it was a very difficult interview. I would suggest that they structure the tests in the interviews to better reflect the job they are hiring for.

Interview Question – How many bottles of shampoo used in hotels around the world   View Answers (2)

Analytics Interview

Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by Vistaprint for a phone interview and online exam. They seemed very nice and called multiple times to confirm and give me details of the exam and interview. The exam was pretty easy--just mainly GRE math questions. Then, I had a case study, which is what the interview started off with. The interview was very short--only about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – How many bottles of shampoo should be produced by hotels?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Lexington, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with Vistaprint. The first one was with their internal recruiter, who I talked to for over an hour, and it went very well. I was then set up to speak with a manager about a week later. The job involved managing projects around localizing the payment methods for international payments - an area I actually have a considerable amount of domain knowledge in. Unfortunately, the interviewer seemed more inclined to test my knowledge of Agile methodology; I tried to steer the conversation back to something more relevant to the job (I've worked as a consultant using a variety of methodologies, including Agile and CMM, and companies that get hung up on the process rather than the product tend to have problems!) Unfortunately, this seemed to be the wrong tactic to take, since the manager ended the interview early; I received a "no thank you" from the recruiter a few days later.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about Agile Software development. If you want to work there as a project manager, brush up on your buzzwords.   Answer Question

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

Interview Details – First on-campus interviews followed by on-site interview.

On Site was 3 continuous 1-hour interviews.
2 Case-based + 1 Technical
Cases were unlike the usual consulting case interviews
Technical involved statistics and knowledge of SQL

Interview Questions

Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter at Vistaprint. It was a brief 15 min interview over the phone and then a technical interview was arranged. I was called onsite for personal interview with atlest 5 of them.
The first interview the person as late to work so that didnt happen. The next interview I was told briefly about the company and department. I thought the interview was going pretty well until it exploded.. I was told that the job did not have any Microsoft .net work until a year although I was called in for a Dotnet developer position. They had a 'tool' they wanted me to work on. For some reasong nobody in the department wanted to work on it. Now, who in the world would like this job after been told this. Obviously I was not interested and told them that it is very 'dissapointing' We didnt wanted to continue the interview but i was just giving it a shot as drove all the wayto Lexington for 3 hrs, didnt wanted to go back so soon. Anyway I guess they just called in the next person and no one came after that. Then the HR said it is not working for them as ' I' use lot of ' tools' which the company dont like. Infact I was thinking that the ' company' had been using 'tools' other than dotnet for this position was the real issue. Any way I asked why the Job description was not accurate. The HR had no idea about what it is about as far as Hr knows, it is dotnet position. Overall experience was very Dissapointing and I am glad that I conveyed it to them at the interview.

Interview Question – Question about how many shampoo bottles the company need to market.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It wasnt going to work out anyway. If they retired the tool they would not have the job for me. They had other dotnet people working but didnt have any dotnet work for me. Why did they even call me for this interview? I have over 6 years exp with dotnet working for Big 10 companies and was not going to work on anything else.

Engineering Interview

Waltham, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2009.

Interview Details – Phone tech screen, something difficult to take over the phone. Not sure what it had to do with the day-to-day of the actual job. Be prepared to study before you have it.

Interview Question – various search/sort algorithm questions using simple data structures   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vistaprint