Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I applied to Vistaprint at my university's career fair. They responded within a week and set up an on-campus interview shortly afterwards. The interview itself consisted of two consecutive 45 minute interviews with a 15 minute break in between. The interviewers maintained contact with me after the interview and they were very fast in getting me an offer, although the recruiter attempted to rush me to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Design and implement an efficient algorithm to solve 2D box packing.   Answer Question

I had significantly better offers from Google, Apple, Mozilla, and Amazon.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Interview

Apply on Career Fair. Got an on campus interview two weeks after. 2 hours interview - first hour OO Design question, second hour behavior and coding question.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with several people: first an HR rep, then 3 people from the team / department I would be working in. I then ended with the HR rep. Vistaprint is ranked as one of the hardest companies to interview with, but for an intern position it was much more relaxed. They just want to know about your past work experience, why you're interested in them, and what you'll bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we could be doing better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, I was an intern.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Asked back for multiple interviews. Had to solve case studies, even though I have years of experience and a solid track record.

Interview Questions

These folks take far too long to make decisions. I ended up talking to the same person multiple times, and they wanted me to loop back after talking to yet more people. It's amazing that they ever get to hire anyone since most companies move faster.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process includes a first round case interview about market size, with the final round including a business case, a problem solving case and a round of behavioral questions. The final round also was a day long event, which had informational sessions along with the interviews and finished with attending the company happy hour.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral questions were thorough, but sometimes were so vague that you didn't know which example to give.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and was contacted for an on campus interview. That interview was an hour long case study, not too bad. I was then called a few days later and told I was accepted to come for an interview on site about a month later. That interview was a very long day, started at 8:30am-5:30pm. It consisted of a few presentations, three one hour interviews back to back, a tour, lunch, and happy hour. The day was way too long, especially since they probably only evaluated us on those 3 hours of interviews. Overall, liked the company, yet not sure the way they evaluated because I left feeling optimistic, but was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Which of the Vistaprint values do you think most and least describes you   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

They had me for an on campus interview where I did a 30 min technical (basic statistics+graphs) paper/pencil test, followed by behavioral questions. Afterwards they flew me to Boston for a full day interview followed by night bowling event. Overall a great experience!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2012.

Interview

The first round is on campus, and there are several multiple choice questions and a small case, which is just a GRE AW question. After that, they flew me to Boston and conducted three interviews after a tour of the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Found them at the career fair, had dinner with them and then a first round interview on campus. Mix of behavioral and technical questions of 45 minutes. Then, I got invited the very next evening to their Super Saturday Weekend Event from Friday night to Sunday. Friday night was a lot of fun and I talked to a lot of Vistaprint employees, and the Charles Hotel they invite you too was very nice. On Saturday morning, they drove us to their office and we had a tour, and then 3 one hour interviews (depends on your group). One of the interviews was problem solving, and the other two were design/coding questions. Interviewers were really cool and worked with you towards your solution instead of trying to stump you. Afterwards, they had a company wide event at a bar/restaurant/bowling alley with free food and drinks! it was really fun! after 3 days, I heard back from them that I got an offer. The hr is excellent for college recruiting and they get back to you fast!

Interview Questions

• Signed a disclosure form, so I can't say it. There were no "tricky" / classic interview questions though   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer very well for college grads (although the price of living is very high for that area)

Shipping and Receiving Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2012.

Interview

One of the longest interview processes that I have ever had to do, especially for a "shipping and receiving coordinator" position, which was really just a mail room position for the building. The interview process began with a phone interview and I was in for an interview a few days later. At the first interview I had to interview with a recruiter and then two employees of the facilities team. It was a long and grueling few hours but it seemed worth it. I was also given a tour of the building. Now, here is where things get interesting. It took them over two months to make me come in for a second interview, during this time the recruiter kept saying I was the best candidate. It got to the point that I didn't think I would get another interview even though he said I was the best candidate they had interviewed. After I finally got the second interview, it consisted of another few hours of interviews with the same employees from the first interview but also with a higher up manager. After about a week or two I finally got a hold of the recruiter who told me they decided to pick another candidate for the job. The experience was exhausting especially for the kind of job it was and also felt like a huge waste of my time given how much time the whole process was.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about how I would deal with other employees needs.   Answer Question