Vistaprint

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews

Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter at Vistaprint. It was a brief 15 min interview over the phone and then a technical interview was arranged. I was called onsite for personal interview with atlest 5 of them.
The first interview the person as late to work so that didnt happen. The next interview I was told briefly about the company and department. I thought the interview was going pretty well until it exploded.. I was told that the job did not have any Microsoft .net work until a year although I was called in for a Dotnet developer position. They had a 'tool' they wanted me to work on. For some reasong nobody in the department wanted to work on it. Now, who in the world would like this job after been told this. Obviously I was not interested and told them that it is very 'dissapointing' We didnt wanted to continue the interview but i was just giving it a shot as drove all the wayto Lexington for 3 hrs, didnt wanted to go back so soon. Anyway I guess they just called in the next person and no one came after that. Then the HR said it is not working for them as ' I' use lot of ' tools' which the company dont like. Infact I was thinking that the ' company' had been using 'tools' other than dotnet for this position was the real issue. Any way I asked why the Job description was not accurate. The HR had no idea about what it is about as far as Hr knows, it is dotnet position. Overall experience was very Dissapointing and I am glad that I conveyed it to them at the interview.

Interview Question – Question about how many shampoo bottles the company need to market.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It wasnt going to work out anyway. If they retired the tool they would not have the job for me. They had other dotnet people working but didnt have any dotnet work for me. Why did they even call me for this interview? I have over 6 years exp with dotnet working for Big 10 companies and was not going to work on anything else.

IT Interview

IT
Lexington, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2009.

Interview Details – Overall process was fast, pleasant, and well orchastrated. Recruiter found my resume on line so that felt positive. HR people were professional and had process down. Received a confirmation of my interview without any scheduling of my time so thought that was weird. Required a formal application online which too at least an hour to fill out. Got tour of the building during interview process. Interview room was awkward with a low table and funny chairs. After interview, recruiter was difficult to speak to; didn't return calls to get answer to if I was still in the candidate pool.

Interview Question – What would you do if you didn't have enough resources or time to complete?   View Answer

Marketing Acquisition Interview

Marketing Acquisition
Barcelona (Spain)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in April 2007.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for Acquisition Marketing for the European Team in Barcelona. VistaPrint is extemely selective and everyone has to go through several interviews with Managers until a decision is made. Be prepared for a very detailed 7 hour interview including exercises.

I first had a phone interview with HR then Phone Interview with the manager and then they flew me in to meet them face to face. They covered all the costs for this. They also do a very professional job on giving people brochures, a relocation package as well as offering to pay MBA.

HR does a very nice job to market this but not all the things promised in the interview are coming true for you. They don't pay for MBAs and I didn't see anyone who got paid this in the European office. You should be prepared for unpaid extra hours and stress from your boss who is pushing up sales targets. The culture is young, dynamic but also very closed and you are expected to spend weekend time with colleagues to go to bars, nightclubs etc.

Overall the company has a strong U.S. culture with little understand for the European. Unfortunately European employees are often considered as second class.

Interview Question – Would you feel comfortable moving to Barcelona? Can you imagine living her long term.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Try to push up the salary a bit. If they like you they will go for it. Also try to fix down your job description as suddenly your boss might come up with some other tasks to radically change the job you had in mind when you signed the contract.

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in April 2009.

Interview Details – HR is professional and effective. A total of about 30 people interviewed for this position, but VistaPrint did not have an actual target number of new hires. There are multiple marketing departments but the number could've ranged from 4-10+. Who knows? The facility is very nice and open to sunlight, which is very refreshing. There' s the typical cafeteria with soda machines, etc. and a relatively small gym and free parking in the back.

Interview Question – Are you a team-oriented person or more individual?   Answer Question

Senior Lead Software Engineer Interview

Senior Lead Software Engineer
Lexington, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2009.

Interview Details – HR interview went well and was scheduled for phone interivew. Phone interivew was not confirmed and one of the Reps from VistaPrint calls me like 30mins before the interview time and asks me if if i can do the interivew. Of course i wasnt available. So rescheduled the interview to a later date. This position was supposed to be for a .NET lead engineer. On the phone interview, this guy from VistaPrint asks questions like Table Vs CSS, JavaScript...i could be wrong but thats not .NET ...those are questions for a web developer. Anyways, As i thought, they didnt think i was strong enough in .NET based on those questions.
Next time when you have interview at VistaPrint for .NET, be prepared for HTML questions.

Interview Questions

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2009.

Interview Details – How many small size shampoo bottles are produced every year

Interview Question – What is the total number of small sized shampoo bottles produces in the world.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Lexington, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with Vistaprint. The first one was with their internal recruiter, who I talked to for over an hour, and it went very well. I was then set up to speak with a manager about a week later. The job involved managing projects around localizing the payment methods for international payments - an area I actually have a considerable amount of domain knowledge in. Unfortunately, the interviewer seemed more inclined to test my knowledge of Agile methodology; I tried to steer the conversation back to something more relevant to the job (I've worked as a consultant using a variety of methodologies, including Agile and CMM, and companies that get hung up on the process rather than the product tend to have problems!) Unfortunately, this seemed to be the wrong tactic to take, since the manager ended the interview early; I received a "no thank you" from the recruiter a few days later.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about Agile Software development. If you want to work there as a project manager, brush up on your buzzwords.   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Analytics
Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by Vistaprint for a phone interview and online exam. They seemed very nice and called multiple times to confirm and give me details of the exam and interview. The exam was pretty easy--just mainly GRE math questions. Then, I had a case study, which is what the interview started off with. The interview was very short--only about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – How many bottles of shampoo should be produced by hotels?   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2011.

Interview Details – First I had two phone interviews - first one was with their internal recruiter, who I talked to for an hour, and it went very well. The second one was with a technical guy - also for about and hour.

Then I had onsite 5 1:1 interviews with different people from the team (Technical Manager, Team Lead, Developers...). The interviewers were very friendly at all. I think it went very well also.

Interview Question – How many bottles of shampoo should be produced for usage by hotels?   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2009.

Interview Details – After meeting Vistaprint at a job fair, I had a first round interview on campus with a software engineer. It was a fun coding question to calculate the amount of paper the company needs to print an array of paper products. I got invited to a two-day superday onsite in Boston. They housed us in the Charles Hotel and took us to dinner. The next day, we went back to the company and we did company tours and three separate 1-hour interviews: software design, a coding scenario, and a fun brainteaser

Interview Questions

• How many bottles of shampoo are produced in the world a year?   View Answers (25)
  • Given an array of paper products in which each product has an attribute name, width, and height, and given a sheet of paper that has width xx and height yy, write a program that returns the number of sheets of paper needed to print out the array of paper products   Answer Question
  • How would you design elevator software?   Answer Question