Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.3

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

Let me preface this that it is not the interview process I had a problem with it was the fact that 4 professionals could not agree on what they wanted and, the fact that it seemed that the feedback I recieved on my interview seemed completely out of touch with things that I said during the interview. Vista print contacted me about an opportunity they were looking to fill (and had been looking to fill at that point for about 5 months). In a bad economy with a lot of people out of work this shouldn't have been a problem to fill the job slot, but because it was right around the Christmas Holidays they wanted to get me in ASAP otherwise I might miss the opportunity. A lot of hurry up and wait. The interview consisted of meeting with 4 individuals including my would be boss. At that point I was asked a broad question about how I would come up with the answer and to present a possible solution. When I heard back from the HR person I was completely floored when she said that the feedback she received on me indicated that I had never visited their website?!?! I attempted to explain that this wasn't at all the case, I had in fact visited their website but was asked if I had every bought anything from them which, I had not. She brushed it off as being a miscommunication. (I certainly won't be buying anything from them now!) I liked the hiring manager a lot and I thought I would have worked well with her. It's a shame that in the end things got all jumbled up and that they had spent so much time vetting and looking for the 'right person'. The feedback from HR is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about this company. Shame, really a shame.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Marketing Manager, interview in office with various different managers. Process took around 1 month in total from sending CV to job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't one.

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by Vistaprint for a phone interview and online exam. They seemed very nice and called multiple times to confirm and give me details of the exam and interview. The exam was pretty easy--just mainly GRE math questions. Then, I had a case study, which is what the interview started off with. The interview was very short--only about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How many bottles of shampoo should be produced by hotels?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

After meeting Vistaprint at a job fair, I had a first round interview on campus with a software engineer. It was a fun coding question to calculate the amount of paper the company needs to print an array of paper products. I got invited to a two-day superday onsite in Boston. They housed us in the Charles Hotel and took us to dinner. The next day, we went back to the company and we did company tours and three separate 1-hour interviews: software design, a coding scenario, and a fun brainteaser

Interview Questions

• How many bottles of shampoo are produced in the world a year?   25 Answers
    • Given an array of paper products in which each product has an attribute name, width, and height, and given a sheet of paper that has width xx and height yy, write a program that returns the number of sheets of paper needed to print out the array of paper products   Answer Question
    • How would you design elevator software?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter at Vistaprint. It was a brief 15 min interview over the phone and then a technical interview was arranged. I was called onsite for personal interview with atlest 5 of them. The first interview the person as late to work so that didnt happen. The next interview I was told briefly about the company and department. I thought the interview was going pretty well until it exploded.. I was told that the job did not have any Microsoft .net work until a year although I was called in for a Dotnet developer position. They had a 'tool' they wanted me to work on. For some reasong nobody in the department wanted to work on it. Now, who in the world would like this job after been told this. Obviously I was not interested and told them that it is very 'dissapointing' We didnt wanted to continue the interview but i was just giving it a shot as drove all the wayto Lexington for 3 hrs, didnt wanted to go back so soon. Anyway I guess they just called in the next person and no one came after that. Then the HR said it is not working for them as ' I' use lot of ' tools' which the company dont like. Infact I was thinking that the ' company' had been using 'tools' other than dotnet for this position was the real issue. Any way I asked why the Job description was not accurate. The HR had no idea about what it is about as far as Hr knows, it is dotnet position. Overall experience was very Dissapointing and I am glad that I conveyed it to them at the interview.

Interview Questions

• Question about how many shampoo bottles the company need to market.   Answer Question

It wasnt going to work out anyway. If they retired the tool they would not have the job for me. They had other dotnet people working but didnt have any dotnet work for me. Why did they even call me for this interview? I have over 6 years exp with dotnet working for Big 10 companies and was not going to work on anything else.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2010.

Interview

Initally I had a great experience with Vista Print. I had a phone interview and then 3 in person interviews with a SVP, Director and Snr Manager. I thought they went very well . They consisted of role playing, cultural fit and some technical questions. Although it took 2 months to complete this, it was in within the communicated timeframe. I was then asked back to give a presentation 1 month later. This was to demonstrate analytical thinking and persuasion. Again I believe this went very well. They indicated they would come back with a decision withing a few days. Almost one month later I am still waiting on feedback. Overall this process has taken 16 weeks since I applied for the role. I have yet to find out whether I have been successful, despite numerous attempts from the recruiter to contact them.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was my first interview on my full-time job hunting journey. I applied through campus career education center for this on campus interview. Basically, this interview lasted about an hour. The first half was consisted of introduction to VistaPrint and then going through my resume, I found the interviewer marked something on my resume, but the conversation was focused mainly on my summer intern. The second part, we did a programming test, I was asked to write code on a paper. The interviewer took out a long sentence, then he presented me a table with two columns. The first column was the extracted words from that sentence, the second column was the position that word appeared in the sentence. For example, "the song is the best", then, in the table, in the "the" row, the position was displayed as "0, 12", in the "song" row, the position was displayed as "4" and so on. Then, the interviewer asked me to find a data structure to store the information of this table. I could use any language I wanted. Therefore, I chose HashMap in Java. After this, the interviewer presented the second task, which was to bring back the sentence if you are given this table stored in the data structure you chose. It should not be hard if you write code on Eclipse, but the thing is I relied too much on the help of Eclipse that I could hardly remembered some functions and made me feel awkward. Finally, I finished that problem, but I was sure there should be mistakes. So my experience is that, try practicing coding on paper as well. It could be harder than your imagination especially when somebody is staring at you. I was told they moved on with other candidates 2 days later. Anyway, Good Luck to Everyone!

Interview Questions

• Choose a data structure to store the extracted words and their positions in a sentence and then bring the sentence back using any language you like. Writing code on paper.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Received a phone interview 10 days before the on-site interview. Some basic question about network protocols. And one basic coding question - how to find the only one missing number in a array of 1- 10000? Got the notice to go an two-day on-site interview in Lexington. In fact, just one afternoon was spent on interview and a lot time spending on networkings... Three round 1:1 interviews. First one is about OOD. Design a robert which can serve in the restaurant. Given other three functions relevant to the kitchen: kitchen.make(), kitchen.isready(), kitchen.get() The second one is coding. Write a program to calculate the total amount of the shopping cart. There are three kind of coupons in the system: 1. all the products get N% discount 2. The next product get N% discount 3. The Nth of the P product get D dollar off (ex. the third box of pencils get 10cents off) The third one is behavior and problem solving. Behavior question is to describe a hard time you go through in the recent. Problem solving is the hotel-size shampoo question - how many bottles of the hotel-size shampoo should be produced each year? Note: It's the hotel-size shampoo!!! Get a thank-you phone after four days of the interview. Very disappointed. It seems that this company prefers the candidates around Boston Area.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Consisted on 1 Phone Interview Questions Find missing number in array of numbers 1-1000 Differences between C/C++ Loop in linked list

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2011.

Interview

I was selected from the campus interview for an on-site interview called super saturday. There were three rounds of interview. I guess all of them went pretty well for but still did not get any offer. I donot know what exactly they are lokking for. If they really donot want to extend the offer then they should not waste our time.