Vistaprint Interview Questions & Reviews

104 interviews

3.2

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2009.

How many small size shampoo bottles are produced every year

Interview Questions
    • What is the total number of small sized shampoo bottles produces in the world.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2009.

After meeting Vistaprint at a job fair, I had a first round interview on campus with a software engineer. It was a fun coding question to calculate the amount of paper the company needs to print an array of paper products. I got invited to a two-day superday onsite in Boston. They housed us in the Charles Hotel and took us to dinner. The next day, we went back to the company and we did company tours and three separate 1-hour interviews: software design, a coding scenario, and a fun brainteaser

Interview Questions
    • How many bottles of shampoo are produced in the world a year?   View Answers (25)
    • Given an array of paper products in which each product has an attribute name, width, and height, and given a sheet of paper that has width xx and height yy, write a program that returns the number of sheets of paper needed to print out the array of paper products   Answer Question
    • How would you design elevator software?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2010.

Initally I had a great experience with Vista Print. I had a phone interview and then 3 in person interviews with a SVP, Director and Snr Manager. I thought they went very well . They consisted of role playing, cultural fit and some technical questions. Although it took 2 months to complete this, it was in within the communicated timeframe.

I was then asked back to give a presentation 1 month later. This was to demonstrate analytical thinking and persuasion. Again I believe this went very well.

They indicated they would come back with a decision withing a few days. Almost one month later I am still waiting on feedback.

Overall this process has taken 16 weeks since I applied for the role. I have yet to find out whether I have been successful, despite numerous attempts from the recruiter to contact them.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Called me to schedule an interview a couple of days in advance. Consisted of 2 one hour interviews. One was more on the system design side the other was more on the algorithm creating side.

Interview Questions
    • none where difficult. I was asked to design an elevator. next was to create an algorithm to predict how many sheets are needed to print a certain number of graphics.   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2012.

At first, the screening process seemed to go quite smooth. 3 telephone interviews (HR and Marketing) on which I received a very positive feedback. Though, after these interviews I got a phone call from HR in which they informed me that they were ending the financial year (balance sheets), so after this I would receive the invitation to the ‘on-site interview day’ a few weeks later. No problem.

The HR manager called me a few weeks later and told me the job I was heading for, was changed (now, it included more responsibilities). Ok, no problem at all.
    I was told that I would get an invitation for the on-site interview day in Barcelona later that week. I was actually surprised that I received an invitation for an online assessment first. Ok, no problem. I didn’t mention it and did the analytical test (feedback: scored very well). From here I finally received the on-site invitation. In the program of the on-site invitation was a presentation of an hour in which I had to present an assignment. The assignment was actually sent (after asking when I would receive the case!) 2 days before the on-site day. The assignment was 1 slide, very generic information.
    Overall, the day on-site went quite well. They told me I was the only candidate. I did the presentation, which went quite well. Though, they asked me questions about something they forgot to put in the assignment. Failure of the marketing manager who had written the assignment. The 1-1 interviews (5 in total) were sometimes more formal than others, no questions kept me puzzled though and the tour through the building gave me the feeling that this company is young and vibrant. They told me I would hear the result of my interviews very soon.
    When I still didn’t hear anything after 4 days I send an email to the HR manager. She told me that she still hasn’t spoken with all of the interviewers. Then, 3 days later I received the call in which they told me I was too theoretical and didn’t get the role. Duh.
    Though I was disappointed about the result, I was then again shocked by all the reviews from candidates and employees working (or worked) in Barcelona for Vistaprint (Vistatrapped, management by fear, heads cut off, fired, continuous stress etc).

From sending my cv to the final (negative) feedback 3 months passed by. Travelling expenses were reimbursed within 2 weeks. Cheers to that.

CMO -country Marketing Head Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2012.

First round happened with a HR over a call, followed by the MD of the country. After 2 weeks their HR informed that their global team is coming and expect to travel to have 4 round of interviews . To my surprise, on the day the first round was with HR who informed there will be 6 rounds (not 4 ) as HR from APAC has landed up and she also waht to see. The second was with the APAC business head (impressive) , lasted for one hour folowed by APAC HR (very loose), some country CMO (new to system) and product marketing heads. It seems to me everybody in office wants to take interviews. Total process lasted for 8 hours . Some interviews were very ordinary intellectually/dragging and the interviewer was not interested in listenting . You will also find people who do not know the market inteviewing you. However after 8 rounds, they would not respond for 3 weeks. On nudging consultant got to know they are in the process of interviewing more candidates (may be 8/9 rounds) . Very strange dicision making process. They need to have bright guys taking decision, experienced in understanding resume and do value time of individuals. Overall good people but poor selection process may be directed by HQ. You feel like a well groomed monkey and everybody asking questions.............. :) do not recommend

Interview Questions
    • Why is your consumer budget higher than b2b budget as percent of revenue ? what is the review process you have for your team? how do you measure social media campaigns   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2012.

It was pretty straight forward. I interviewed on campus and was asked a string pattern matching question. Once I answered the question, I was asked to optimize on the method and get a better solution. It lasted for about 30 mins. And then I was directly called on-site for the next round.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Apply on Career Fair. Got an on campus interview two weeks after. 2 hours interview - first hour OO Design question, second hour behavior and coding question.

Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

The interview process includes a first round case interview about market size, with the final round including a business case, a problem solving case and a round of behavioral questions. The final round also was a day long event, which had informational sessions along with the interviews and finished with attending the company happy hour.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions were thorough, but sometimes were so vague that you didn't know which example to give.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting and was contacted for an on campus interview. That interview was an hour long case study, not too bad. I was then called a few days later and told I was accepted to come for an interview on site about a month later. That interview was a very long day, started at 8:30am-5:30pm. It consisted of a few presentations, three one hour interviews back to back, a tour, lunch, and happy hour. The day was way too long, especially since they probably only evaluated us on those 3 hours of interviews. Overall, liked the company, yet not sure the way they evaluated because I left feeling optimistic, but was not given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the Vistaprint values do you think most and least describes you   Answer Question