Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.2

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2013.

I was been pinged by a recruiter several times and finally decided to explore the opportunities with vistaprint. There was a HR phone screen, Hiring manager phone screen and then set on-site interviews. The people were communicating very well during these rounds. After the interviews, they took more than a week to inform about their decision. Recruiter said she would share some feedback after the interviews, but kept postponing her phone call appointments. Very unprofessional and unethical during the closure of the recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • Object oriented analysis and design questions. Each interviewer just presented the problem and had little or no involvement during the session.   Answer Question

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Analytical exam and Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Detailed case question which was more qualitative than quantitative.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online – interviewed at Vistaprint.

I applied to Vistaprint on linkedin, they contacted me by email and we scheduled the first phone interview one week leater. The call was about half an hour. We didn't talk about my background. The recruiter asked directly about technical issue. The questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • what's mean OO?
      is php an OO language?
      what is a class? did you ever written a class?
      do you prefer XAMPP, LAMP, WAMP or MAMP? why?
      did you ever used wordpress? did you ever written your own wordpress plugin? do you think wordpress is secure system? why?

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winterthur (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Winterthur (Switzerland)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vistaprint in May 2013.

There were 2 interviews.

The first interview was a standard developer phone interview.
    I was asked to write some basic code, a simple sort, and it was critiqued by the interviewer with an unusual emphasis on complexity, O notation.

The second interview was an all day interview with 5 different interviewers, one at a time no group interviews.
    Each interviewer covered different topics, CV, development, software design and general problem solving with a final Why you want to work here section.
    The interviewers were friendly and pleasant and the atmosphere was relaxed. There was enough time to ask your questions as well as answering theirs although it does feel like a long day.

Interview Questions
    • The general problem solving question was hard since it was non-technical, you had to come up with an estimate for the market for a potential new product based on guesswork and instinct.
      Obviously the are more interested in how you think than the answer but that still threw me completely since it was so far from the technical arena.

Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint.

I thought the interview process went very well. The recruiter was very optimistic so I was surprised when I did not get the job. I had what I considered an extra interview and I suspected it was to keep interest while they looked to see if they could find someone better.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was HIGHLY technical and felt more like a certification exam than an interview of my ability to meet the job requirements or expectations.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

They ask the same qustions over and over to everyone. Asked me some dumb question about shampoo bottles.

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Vistaprint in June 2012.

At first, the screening process seemed to go quite smooth. 3 telephone interviews (HR and Marketing) on which I received a very positive feedback. Though, after these interviews I got a phone call from HR in which they informed me that they were ending the financial year (balance sheets), so after this I would receive the invitation to the ‘on-site interview day’ a few weeks later. No problem.

The HR manager called me a few weeks later and told me the job I was heading for, was changed (now, it included more responsibilities). Ok, no problem at all.
    I was told that I would get an invitation for the on-site interview day in Barcelona later that week. I was actually surprised that I received an invitation for an online assessment first. Ok, no problem. I didn’t mention it and did the analytical test (feedback: scored very well). From here I finally received the on-site invitation. In the program of the on-site invitation was a presentation of an hour in which I had to present an assignment. The assignment was actually sent (after asking when I would receive the case!) 2 days before the on-site day. The assignment was 1 slide, very generic information.
    Overall, the day on-site went quite well. They told me I was the only candidate. I did the presentation, which went quite well. Though, they asked me questions about something they forgot to put in the assignment. Failure of the marketing manager who had written the assignment. The 1-1 interviews (5 in total) were sometimes more formal than others, no questions kept me puzzled though and the tour through the building gave me the feeling that this company is young and vibrant. They told me I would hear the result of my interviews very soon.
    When I still didn’t hear anything after 4 days I send an email to the HR manager. She told me that she still hasn’t spoken with all of the interviewers. Then, 3 days later I received the call in which they told me I was too theoretical and didn’t get the role. Duh.
    Though I was disappointed about the result, I was then again shocked by all the reviews from candidates and employees working (or worked) in Barcelona for Vistaprint (Vistatrapped, management by fear, heads cut off, fired, continuous stress etc).

From sending my cv to the final (negative) feedback 3 months passed by. Travelling expenses were reimbursed within 2 weeks. Cheers to that.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint.

The asked me in depth question on my technical background such java and sql

Business Analyst Interview

Campus hire recruiting process. Initial screening done on campus with behavioral + problem solving component. On-site interview a string of behavioral, case-based, and technical proficiency (done in pseudo code since I did not know SQL at the time) interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Size the market for disposal shampoo bottles in hotels.   Answer Question

Email Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistaprint in May 2012.

This was a long 3 hour interview for a summer internship at their HQ in Lexington, MA. I had 3 one hour sessions back-to-back-to-back. The first was a mini case study that I went over with some aid from the interviewer. The next round was a one-on-one regular interview and the last was a two-on-one interview. The case study was tough because there were so many solutions you can come up with. The other interviews weren't bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember much but the case study was the toughest thing   Answer Question