Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.2

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2012.

The first round is on campus, and there are several multiple choice questions and a small case, which is just a GRE AW question. After that, they flew me to Boston and conducted three interviews after a tour of the company.

Marketing Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in August 2009.

2 Phone interviews, 1 Assessment Day.

Interview Questions
    • What marketing campaign did make an impression on you in the last 3 month?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint.

They had me for an on campus interview where I did a 30 min technical (basic statistics+graphs) paper/pencil test, followed by behavioral questions. Afterwards they flew me to Boston for a full day interview followed by night bowling event. Overall a great experience!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistaprint in August 2012.

Just buy a sales kit. EZ

EZ

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Overall it was a good experience. There was a significant delay between the time for resume submission and the actual interview. All the staff I interacted with were courteous and pleasant, conversational even. Did two one-on-one interviews with managers who seemed very knowledgeable of their respective fields. It was more like a fluid conversation about the industry and goals for the organization and how I saw myself fitting into that.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions. Personally, I was adjusting from freelancing at home to this job so they asked how I saw myself transitioning into that.   View Answer
    Not negotiation necessary. I got what I requested. There was a tricky phase based on some criteria they thought I met but didn't (I wasn't asked) but we found a work-around were both comfortable with.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in October 2012.

Found them at the career fair, had dinner with them and then a first round interview on campus. Mix of behavioral and technical questions of 45 minutes. Then, I got invited the very next evening to their Super Saturday Weekend Event from Friday night to Sunday. Friday night was a lot of fun and I talked to a lot of Vistaprint employees, and the Charles Hotel they invite you too was very nice. On Saturday morning, they drove us to their office and we had a tour, and then 3 one hour interviews (depends on your group). One of the interviews was problem solving, and the other two were design/coding questions. Interviewers were really cool and worked with you towards your solution instead of trying to stump you. Afterwards, they had a company wide event at a bar/restaurant/bowling alley with free food and drinks! it was really fun!

after 3 days, I heard back from them that I got an offer. The hr is excellent for college recruiting and they get back to you fast!

Interview Questions
    • Signed a disclosure form, so I can't say it. There were no "tricky" / classic interview questions though   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they offer very well for college grads (although the price of living is very high for that area)

Marketing Associate, Organic Search Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistaprint.

I reached out to an employee at the company I had been contacted by a year prior. This person put me in contact with another and got the ball rolling fast on getting me a phone interview. Interview was 45 minutes of 1 question - no behavioral interest.

Interview Questions
    • How much money in the US on average, per year is spent on graduation events?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

TL;DR: If you want a job at Vistaprint, and you are clever enough to research Glassdoor first (and of moderate intelligence), you're in luck! Although it defies reason, they ask the same questions to every interviewee. Study the questions here, prepare answers ahead of time with a buddy, and you are most likely golden. A lot of weight is put on the miniature shampoo problem.

My overall rating of Vistaprint as a company is two thumbs up, although there is some not so great stuff that I will get to later. It seems that they treat their employees quite well. I appreciated that they really made an effort to appeal to me as a potential employee and show me why Vistaprint is a great place work. This is something I've found a lot of companies tend to overlook. You will be told again and again that Vistaprint is a fast-paced environment. Comments made during the interview gave me the impression that they are quite risk averse and cautious.

The interview process was reasonable and even enjoyable. I had two phone interviews before a half-day onsite interview. I can't say enough good things about the friendly HR. Fantastic! My interviewers were great and for the most part very genuine except for one. Only once was something said to me that I found questionable. Namely, I was told that people who do not do really well on a particular problem (the 'miniature shampoo' problem) do not do well at the company, and years of experience back this up. Okay, let's play along. This is a really important question in the hiring process; they must change it up a little from person to person or put an interesting spin on it to make sure you can "think on your feet." Something, right?

Folks, while that would be LOGICAL, nothing has ever not happened as much as this did not happen. Their exact interview questions are all over the internet. I did have one charming and progressive interviewer who let me know he was asking me an 'experimental,' brand spanking new interview question. Get this man a promotion, stat! However, as other reviewers have mentioned, I am baffled that it is considered an acceptable practice to repeatedly ask the same questions, interview after interview, at a company as large as Vistaprint. Even asking similar but different questions would be okay. My concern is that that they obviously do not care that many of the people they interview are not actually showing them their problem solving skills at all. How can they reliably tell and hire the best?

On another note, customer reviews of Vistaprint are absolutely horrendous. Yikes.

Interview Questions
    • What is the market for miniature shampoo and conditioner bottles?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in February 2012.

Initial telephone contact by HR to clarify details of resume. One week later followed-up phone interview by technical manager and team member. Contact by HR for scheduling of (8-hour!) interview process. The 5-6 interviews consisted of meeting either individually or in a group. The interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Whether advertisement on hotel shampoo bottles would be a good investment for the company. (i.e. had to calculate the number of hotel shampoo bottles used worldwide per day) That was a fun one.   View Answer
    • Asked somewhat detailed technical questions from work done a decade ago.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2012.

It was pretty straight forward. I interviewed on campus and was asked a string pattern matching question. Once I answered the question, I was asked to optimize on the method and get a better solution. It lasted for about 30 mins. And then I was directly called on-site for the next round.