Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.3

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I applied to the internship online via the web portal provided by my university after meeting a company representative at the career fair. I was contacted after a week or so for a 2 hour interview with two different interviewers. The interview was heavily focused on object oriented programming and some behavior questions. They discussed my past projects.

Interview Questions

• Descibe a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received email from recruiter five days later, who set up a phone interview for a couple days later, which was a Monday. Phone conversation lasted maybe twenty minutes. Recruiter seemed to be just going through a checklist. Standard questions like why did you leave your last job, why do you want to work at Vistaprint. Said she was discussing all the candidates with the hiring manager this week and would get back to me by Friday. No other correspondence occurred with the company.

Interview Questions

• There were no behavioral questions or any that might be considered tough to answer.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process included submission of CV and Cover Letter online. Getting phone interview was the result of a referral from a network recruiter. Phone interview was brief (15 minutes) with interviewer stating that they were not going to match me for the position.

Interview Questions

• There was a gap in the time that I performed a role similar to the one described in the job listing which was ultimately the reason the interviewer gave for not matching me to the role.   1 Answer

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Recruiter was really supportive from beginning till end but it all worth nothing. They have 1 phone interview then onsite round which would be like whole day activity. Interview consisted of behavioral, logical, just scenario based seeking leadership qualities and one technical. Basically they would engage your for whole day with various anonymous rounds) They have one developer to take your technical round who will usually ask database question and simple query and one simple coding question-level of question is too low. if you know more than developer then you are wrong because he did not understand what you tried to explain. He asked me to implement database and I designed database using one of most popular data model which helps improving performance for Big data. Since developer did not had any knowledge about big data, data modelling, star schema..so he kept asking me importance of fact table which was frustrating. I already had an offer which was way more than what Vistaprint could afford so they came back with silly feedback that developer didn't see what he was looking for which means my candidacy was totally dependent on single interviewer(that Developer who had shallow knowledge) and rest of the rounds were useless and just a waste of time. Out of 6 rounds which all went well from my side, I was told only technical round mattered . So Unprofessional..bad interview experience.They interview level is easy but its all adhoc and random. some of the interviewer might not show up so juts random unprepared employee would be send in to kill your time

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Spoke to 6 people in 3 separate sessions. 3 interviews were non-technical in nature and more about "fit". The other 3 interviews (conducted via Skype) included technical assessments of object oriented design, basic statistics and coding. The HR lead informed me of the kinds of questions that will be asked so I had some preparation beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many shampoo bottles are used yearly by hotels in a given city, followed by questions about distribution, assumptions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was better than market rate so I didn't negotiate further.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles. If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now. There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions

• Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state? The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2012.

Interview

One of the longest interview processes that I have ever had to do, especially for a "shipping and receiving coordinator" position, which was really just a mail room position for the building. The interview process began with a phone interview and I was in for an interview a few days later. At the first interview I had to interview with a recruiter and then two employees of the facilities team. It was a long and grueling few hours but it seemed worth it. I was also given a tour of the building. Now, here is where things get interesting. It took them over two months to make me come in for a second interview, during this time the recruiter kept saying I was the best candidate. It got to the point that I didn't think I would get another interview even though he said I was the best candidate they had interviewed. After I finally got the second interview, it consisted of another few hours of interviews with the same employees from the first interview but also with a higher up manager. After about a week or two I finally got a hold of the recruiter who told me they decided to pick another candidate for the job. The experience was exhausting especially for the kind of job it was and also felt like a huge waste of my time given how much time the whole process was.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about how I would deal with other employees needs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with several people: first an HR rep, then 3 people from the team / department I would be working in. I then ended with the HR rep. Vistaprint is ranked as one of the hardest companies to interview with, but for an intern position it was much more relaxed. They just want to know about your past work experience, why you're interested in them, and what you'll bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we could be doing better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, I was an intern.

Public Relations/Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was not offered the position and this interview took place about 3 years ago, so my memory is fuzzy. I applied online and was contacted for a phone screening, and then invited in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview took up a good portion of the day, at least 4 hours. It involved competency tests to ensure that the applicant could write well. The interview also included a tour of the facility along with a discussion about their company's culture. The real problem lies in the follow-up process. After the interview, I was told that I would receive a follow-up on whether or not I would receive an offer. I did not receive a follow-up message. After spending a good portion of the day with them, the least they could do is provide a me a follow-up message.