1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in December 2009.

Let me preface this that it is not the interview process I had a problem with it was the fact that 4 professionals could not agree on what they wanted and, the fact that it seemed that the feedback I recieved on my interview seemed completely out of touch with things that I said during the interview. Vista print contacted me about an opportunity they were looking to fill (and had been looking to fill at that point for about 5 months). In a bad economy with a lot of people out of work this shouldn't have been a problem to fill the job slot, but because it was right around the Christmas Holidays they wanted to get me in ASAP otherwise I might miss the opportunity. A lot of hurry up and wait. The interview consisted of meeting with 4 individuals including my would be boss. At that point I was asked a broad question about how I would come up with the answer and to present a possible solution. When I heard back from the HR person I was completely floored when she said that the feedback she received on me indicated that I had never visited their website?!?! I attempted to explain that this wasn't at all the case, I had in fact visited their website but was asked if I had every bought anything from them which, I had not. She brushed it off as being a miscommunication. (I certainly won't be buying anything from them now!) I liked the hiring manager a lot and I thought I would have worked well with her. It's a shame that in the end things got all jumbled up and that they had spent so much time vetting and looking for the 'right person'. The feedback from HR is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about this company. Shame, really a shame.

Interview Questions