Vistaprint

3.2

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Internal reference, but excessive interview process relative to the position and salary. I'm not sure the people interviewing really know what they want or at least don't seem to clearly articulate the context of their questions and concerns.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

Vistaprint has a fairly thorough yet quick interviewing process. First, you get a call from the recruiter to discuss which job opportunities are available. Next, you speak with the hiring manager in a phone interview. The last step is a onsite interview with the hiring manager and the few other people that you would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions are general sysadmin type questions. An admin with at least 2 years experience should be able to answer them no problem. The interviews are interactive so there is a lot of whiteboard demonstrations.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vistaprint.

HR setup an initial technical phone interview with a QA engineer and the screening lasted an hour. Questions asked:
    Explain the database model for Airlines, How do you test a calculator, Different testing techniques you used, How do you test the high risk areas of an application differently than other areas, Explain the automation framework you have developed, How do you test an application with multiple sets of data, What was your role in last project, What did you learn from your last project.
    I cleared the phone interview and went in for a face to face which consited of half day with 4 different interviewers and vistaprint sponsored lunch.
    I was in a very small room with a board.
    First round was with automation engineer
    1) object oriented programming basic concepts definitions, and one simple coding exercise, you can write in any language you are familiar with
    2) DBMS definitions questions. Then he will give a printed database design and ask queries to write on board based on that DB model.
    Second round was QA methodologies kind of questions.
    Third round was problem solving
    Lunch
    4th round was with QA manager, he would ask behavioral and past experience questions
    HR will come back and do wrap up.
    They told they will take a decision in 2 days and let me know. But havent heard back from them yet.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

I started with an on campus interview. It was pretty relaxed with standard behavioral questions. I then was invited to their Lexington office for a final round interview that went from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.. It consisted of 3 interviews. One behavioral and 2 case studies. The rest of the time was filled with information sessions, a tour of the office, and an office happy hour at the end of the day. It was very informative, but it was a LONG day. They made their decisions quickly and even took the time to call me to tell me that I did not receive an offer. Overall I was impressed with the thought they put into the whole process.

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Recruiter was really supportive from beginning till end but it all worth nothing. They have 1 phone interview then onsite round which would be like whole day activity. Interview consisted of behavioral, logical, just scenario based seeking leadership qualities and one technical. Basically they would engage your for whole day with various anonymous rounds)
    They have one developer to take your technical round who will usually ask database question and simple query and one simple coding question-level of question is too low. if you know more than developer then you are wrong because he did not understand what you tried to explain. He asked me to implement database and I designed database using one of most popular data model which helps improving performance for Big data. Since developer did not had any knowledge about big data, data modelling, star schema..so he kept asking me importance of fact table which was frustrating.
    I already had an offer which was way more than what Vistaprint could afford so they came back with silly feedback that developer didn't see what he was looking for which means my candidacy was totally dependent on single interviewer(that Developer who had shallow knowledge) and rest of the rounds were useless and just a waste of time. Out of 6 rounds which all went well from my side, I was told only technical round mattered .
    So Unprofessional..bad interview experience.They interview level is easy but its all adhoc and random. some of the interviewer might not show up so juts random unprepared employee would be send in to kill your time

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint.

Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles.
    If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now.

There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions
    • Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state?
      The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions
        Answer Question
    Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2013.

I was been pinged by a recruiter several times and finally decided to explore the opportunities with vistaprint. There was a HR phone screen, Hiring manager phone screen and then set on-site interviews. The people were communicating very well during these rounds. After the interviews, they took more than a week to inform about their decision. Recruiter said she would share some feedback after the interviews, but kept postponing her phone call appointments. Very unprofessional and unethical during the closure of the recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • Object oriented analysis and design questions. Each interviewer just presented the problem and had little or no involvement during the session.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in September 2013.

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

I interviewed with several people: first an HR rep, then 3 people from the team / department I would be working in. I then ended with the HR rep. Vistaprint is ranked as one of the hardest companies to interview with, but for an intern position it was much more relaxed. They just want to know about your past work experience, why you're interested in them, and what you'll bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think we could be doing better?   View Answer
    None, I was an intern.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Long and drawn out. Asked back for multiple interviews. Had to solve case studies, even though I have years of experience and a solid track record.

Interview Questions

These folks take far too long to make decisions. I ended up talking to the same person multiple times, and they wanted me to loop back after talking to yet more people. It's amazing that they ever get to hire anyone since most companies move faster.