1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in April 2007.

Interview

I was interviewed for Acquisition Marketing for the European Team in Barcelona. VistaPrint is extemely selective and everyone has to go through several interviews with Managers until a decision is made. Be prepared for a very detailed 7 hour interview including exercises. I first had a phone interview with HR then Phone Interview with the manager and then they flew me in to meet them face to face. They covered all the costs for this. They also do a very professional job on giving people brochures, a relocation package as well as offering to pay MBA. HR does a very nice job to market this but not all the things promised in the interview are coming true for you. They don't pay for MBAs and I didn't see anyone who got paid this in the European office. You should be prepared for unpaid extra hours and stress from your boss who is pushing up sales targets. The culture is young, dynamic but also very closed and you are expected to spend weekend time with colleagues to go to bars, nightclubs etc. Overall the company has a strong U.S. culture with little understand for the European. Unfortunately European employees are often considered as second class.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable moving to Barcelona? Can you imagine living her long term.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try to push up the salary a bit. If they like you they will go for it. Also try to fix down your job description as suddenly your boss might come up with some other tasks to radically change the job you had in mind when you signed the contract.