Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Vistaprint
- Software Engineer (22)
- Marketing Associate (7)
- Analyst (6)
- Software Engineer Intern (4)
- Senior Associate, Marketing (3)
- Quality Assurance (2)
- QA Engineer (2)
- Lead Software Engineer (2)
- Marketing Specialist (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Intern (2)
- IT (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Business and Strategy Analyst (2)
- Segment Marketing Director (1)
- Marketing Graduate (1)
- Manager, Software (1)
- Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (1)
- Business & Strategy Analyst (1)
- Problem Manager (Not Managerial) (1)
- QA Test Lead Engineer-sap (1)
- Solutions Manager - Business Intelligence (1)
- Online Marketing Specialist DACH (1)
- CMO -country Marketing Head (1)
- Associate Analyst Interview (1)
- Marketing Associate, Organic Search (1)
- Email Marketing Intern (1)
- Public Relations/Social Media (1)
- Forecaster/Workforce Management Analyst (1)
- Senior Manager, FP&A (1)
1 person found this helpful
Product Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2011.
I had 5 phone interviews, spread in time over 3 months. 4 weeks after the last phone call I was invited to the face-to-face meetings, which included 6 1:1 meetings, 1 case study and 1 panel/group presentation based on case-study as well.
The interviews felt more like exams rather than conversations and I sensed a bit of arrogance among my interviewers. My impression was that since I had no prior Internet/e-commerce experience they were trying to show me how little I knew about the sector. I found it weird.
After all these hours spent on interviewing, I was not offered the job and I was told that my analytical skills were not strong enough for the position. Only then I was also informed that this position was actually 90% about the analysis, which surprised me and annoyed me for two main reasons: first, if I knew this was analytics rather than holistic product management job I would not apply at all; secondly they could have clarified this long before.
My advice to candidates is: get prepared as for the interviews in consulting.
My advice to recruiters in VistaPrint is: be clear on who you are looking for - if it is a person with finance/consulting/IT background - communicate this upfront to avoid disappointment on both sides.
- How would you manage the traffic on train station? View Answer