Vistaprint Product Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2011.

I had 5 phone interviews, spread in time over 3 months. 4 weeks after the last phone call I was invited to the face-to-face meetings, which included 6 1:1 meetings, 1 case study and 1 panel/group presentation based on case-study as well.

The interviews felt more like exams rather than conversations and I sensed a bit of arrogance among my interviewers. My impression was that since I had no prior Internet/e-commerce experience they were trying to show me how little I knew about the sector. I found it weird.

After all these hours spent on interviewing, I was not offered the job and I was told that my analytical skills were not strong enough for the position. Only then I was also informed that this position was actually 90% about the analysis, which surprised me and annoyed me for two main reasons: first, if I knew this was analytics rather than holistic product management job I would not apply at all; secondly they could have clarified this long before.

My advice to candidates is: get prepared as for the interviews in consulting.
My advice to recruiters in VistaPrint is: be clear on who you are looking for - if it is a person with finance/consulting/IT background - communicate this upfront to avoid disappointment on both sides.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage the traffic on train station?   View Answer

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!