Vistaprint Quality Assurance Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Assurance Interview

TL;DR: If you want a job at Vistaprint, and you are clever enough to research Glassdoor first (and of moderate intelligence), you're in luck! Although it defies reason, they ask the same questions to every interviewee. Study the questions here, prepare answers ahead of time with a buddy, and you are most likely golden. A lot of weight is put on the miniature shampoo problem.

My overall rating of Vistaprint as a company is two thumbs up, although there is some not so great stuff that I will get to later. It seems that they treat their employees quite well. I appreciated that they really made an effort to appeal to me as a potential employee and show me why Vistaprint is a great place work. This is something I've found a lot of companies tend to overlook. You will be told again and again that Vistaprint is a fast-paced environment. Comments made during the interview gave me the impression that they are quite risk averse and cautious.

The interview process was reasonable and even enjoyable. I had two phone interviews before a half-day onsite interview. I can't say enough good things about the friendly HR. Fantastic! My interviewers were great and for the most part very genuine except for one. Only once was something said to me that I found questionable. Namely, I was told that people who do not do really well on a particular problem (the 'miniature shampoo' problem) do not do well at the company, and years of experience back this up. Okay, let's play along. This is a really important question in the hiring process; they must change it up a little from person to person or put an interesting spin on it to make sure you can "think on your feet." Something, right?

Folks, while that would be LOGICAL, nothing has ever not happened as much as this did not happen. Their exact interview questions are all over the internet. I did have one charming and progressive interviewer who let me know he was asking me an 'experimental,' brand spanking new interview question. Get this man a promotion, stat! However, as other reviewers have mentioned, I am baffled that it is considered an acceptable practice to repeatedly ask the same questions, interview after interview, at a company as large as Vistaprint. Even asking similar but different questions would be okay. My concern is that that they obviously do not care that many of the people they interview are not actually showing them their problem solving skills at all. How can they reliably tell and hire the best?

On another note, customer reviews of Vistaprint are absolutely horrendous. Yikes.

Interview Questions
  • What is the market for miniature shampoo and conditioner bottles?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint

Quality Assurance Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2012.

Initial telephone contact by HR to clarify details of resume. One week later followed-up phone interview by technical manager and team member. Contact by HR for scheduling of (8-hour!) interview process. The 5-6 interviews consisted of meeting either individually or in a group. The interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Whether advertisement on hotel shampoo bottles would be a good investment for the company. (i.e. had to calculate the number of hotel shampoo bottles used worldwide per day) That was a fun one.   View Answer
    • Asked somewhat detailed technical questions from work done a decade ago.   View Answer

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!