1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a QA Manager. The interviewer was very formal and made me walk through my resume. She then posed a database design question where I had to design a database for keeping tracking of all the flights arriving and leaving an airport. I cleared the interview and was invited for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of three 1:1 interviews: A behavioral interview, a technical interview and a Case interview The Behavioral interviewer was a friendly person and she asked me about my previous work experience, why I was interested in QA and how would I fit into the Vistaprint work culture. It was a positive experience where we had a healthy conversation about what my expectations were from the role and the company and what the company expects from me The technical interview was again about databases. A client -server mail server architecture was explained and questions were asked about how to make design changes to improve the system. After that, simple 3 table join queries were asked. The case interview was pretty simple. The standard, "How many shampoo bottles are produced globally in a year". There were various versions of it. They just want to test how good you are thinking on your feet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am bad at negotiating. I would have got more, but could not negotiate successfully.