Vistaprint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Lexington, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a QA Manager. The interviewer was very formal and made me walk through my resume. She then posed a database design question where I had to design a database for keeping tracking of all the flights arriving and leaving an airport.

I cleared the interview and was invited for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of three 1:1 interviews: A behavioral interview, a technical interview and a Case interview

The Behavioral interviewer was a friendly person and she asked me about my previous work experience, why I was interested in QA and how would I fit into the Vistaprint work culture. It was a positive experience where we had a healthy conversation about what my expectations were from the role and the company and what the company expects from me

The technical interview was again about databases. A client -server mail server architecture was explained and questions were asked about how to make design changes to improve the system. After that, simple 3 table join queries were asked.

The case interview was pretty simple. The standard, "How many shampoo bottles are produced globally in a year". There were various versions of it. They just want to test how good you are thinking on your feet.

Interview Question – Explain the client-server mail architecture   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am bad at negotiating. I would have got more, but could not negotiate successfully.

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!