Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Vistaprint
- Software Engineer (26)
- Marketing Associate (16)
- Analyst (6)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Software Engineer Intern (4)
- Intern (3)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Senior Associate, Marketing (3)
- Marketing Specialist (2)
- Quality Assurance (2)
- Lead Software Engineer (2)
- IT (2)
- Software Engineering (2)
- QA Engineer (2)
- Business and Strategy Analyst (2)
- Segment Marketing Director (1)
- Marketing Graduate (1)
- Manager, Software (1)
- Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (1)
- Business & Strategy Analyst (1)
- QHSE Manager (1)
- Problem Manager (Not Managerial) (1)
- QA Test Lead Engineer-sap (1)
- Solutions Manager - Business Intelligence (1)
- Online Marketing Specialist DACH (1)
- CMO -country Marketing Head (1)
- Associate Analyst Interview (1)
- Marketing Associate, Organic Search (1)
- Email Marketing Intern (1)
- Public Relations/Social Media (1)
Senior Software Engineer Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Winterthur (Switzerland)) in September 2014.
I had a first phone screening with a guy from HR. Then I had a technical phone screening from another software engineer. In that interview I was asked to solve a simple programming task and a simple architecture task (UML, inheritance). After that I was invited to Winterthur to a 4+ hour interview with multiple segments: programming, oo-design (archtitecture), problem solving and communication and some talk about me and the company. I was only interviewed by one interviewer at a time and the atmosphere was relaxed. They also were open about the up and down sides of the company.
- Software Architecture Question Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint
Senior Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNegative Experience
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint.
They ask the same qustions over and over to everyone. Asked me some dumb question about shampoo bottles.
- Wasn't very hard Answer Question
Senior Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Winterthur (Switzerland)) in May 2013.
There were 2 interviews. The first interview was a standard developer phone interview. I was asked to write some basic code, a simple sort, and it was critiqued by the interviewer with an unusual emphasis on complexity, O notation. The second interview was an all day interview with 5 different interviewers, one at a time no group interviews. Each interviewer covered different topics, CV, development, software design and general problem solving with a final Why you want to work here section. The interviewers were friendly and pleasant and the atmosphere was relaxed. There was enough time to ask your questions as well as answering theirs although it does feel like a long day.
- The general problem solving question was hard since it was non-technical, you had to come up with an estimate for the market for a potential new product based on guesswork and instinct. Obviously the are more interested in how you think than the answer but that still threw me completely since it was so far from the technical arena. Answer Question