Vistaprint

Updated Oct 29, 2014

4.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in September 2014.

I had a first phone screening with a guy from HR. Then I had a technical phone screening from another software engineer. In that interview I was asked to solve a simple programming task and a simple architecture task (UML, inheritance). After that I was invited to Winterthur to a 4+ hour interview with multiple segments: programming, oo-design (archtitecture), problem solving and communication and some talk about me and the company. I was only interviewed by one interviewer at a time and the atmosphere was relaxed. They also were open about the up and down sides of the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint.

They ask the same qustions over and over to everyone. Asked me some dumb question about shampoo bottles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vistaprint in May 2013.

There were 2 interviews.

The first interview was a standard developer phone interview.
    I was asked to write some basic code, a simple sort, and it was critiqued by the interviewer with an unusual emphasis on complexity, O notation.

The second interview was an all day interview with 5 different interviewers, one at a time no group interviews.
    Each interviewer covered different topics, CV, development, software design and general problem solving with a final Why you want to work here section.
    The interviewers were friendly and pleasant and the atmosphere was relaxed. There was enough time to ask your questions as well as answering theirs although it does feel like a long day.

Interview Questions
    • The general problem solving question was hard since it was non-technical, you had to come up with an estimate for the market for a potential new product based on guesswork and instinct.
      Obviously the are more interested in how you think than the answer but that still threw me completely since it was so far from the technical arena.

Answer Question