Vistaprint

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2014.

Interview Details – Called me to schedule an interview a couple of days in advance. Consisted of 2 one hour interviews. One was more on the system design side the other was more on the algorithm creating side.

Interview Question – none where difficult. I was asked to design an elevator. next was to create an algorithm to predict how many sheets are needed to print a certain number of graphics.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – I applied to the internship online via the web portal provided by my university after meeting a company representative at the career fair. I was contacted after a week or so for a 2 hour interview with two different interviewers. The interview was heavily focused on object oriented programming and some behavior questions. They discussed my past projects.

Interview Question – Descibe a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's Jobs and Internships Board, submitted my resume and everything, and then they scheduled on-campus interviews about two weeks after that. The interview was two hours and consisted of two parts: an OOP interview, and also a coding interview. I got an offer two days after that.

Interview Question – For the OOP interview, they asked me to draw and explain a UML about elevators. They then gave me three cases to think of.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – I applied to Vistaprint at my university's career fair. They responded within a week and set up an on-campus interview shortly afterwards. The interview itself consisted of two consecutive 45 minute interviews with a 15 minute break in between. The interviewers maintained contact with me after the interview and they were very fast in getting me an offer, although the recruiter attempted to rush me to make a decision.

Interview Question – Design and implement an efficient algorithm to solve 2D box packing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had significantly better offers from Google, Apple, Mozilla, and Amazon.

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2013.

Interview Details – Apply on Career Fair. Got an on campus interview two weeks after. 2 hours interview - first hour OO Design question, second hour behavior and coding question.

Interview Question – Design an elevator system   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a nice HR lady who set up a time for me to talk to her.
My first interview was a phone interview with her - standard HR stuff.
My second phone interview was with a senior project manager.
As a college student looking for a software engineering internship, I expected some variation of data structures questions, and general coding questions. However, I got nothing like the other questions I've seen on this site, or at any tech interview I've had. The interviewer instead asked me project manager and database questions which I had no experience with. When I could not answer correctly, the interviewer lamented my lack of experience in these areas. I came out of the whole experience irritated by the heavy corporate feel of the company, and the interview questions that had no relevance to my experience - they should not have given me an interview in the first place since they clearly were not looking for my skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe how many tables you would need and how you would set up a database for an airport, airplane, flight, city.   Answer Question
  • From a sys admin perspective, how would you approach task X?   Answer Question

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!