Vistaprint

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview Details – The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Question – Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate

Lexington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Interview Question – Write class diagrams for a robotic waiter system.   Answer Question

Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2012.

Interview Details – Found them at the career fair, had dinner with them and then a first round interview on campus. Mix of behavioral and technical questions of 45 minutes. Then, I got invited the very next evening to their Super Saturday Weekend Event from Friday night to Sunday. Friday night was a lot of fun and I talked to a lot of Vistaprint employees, and the Charles Hotel they invite you too was very nice. On Saturday morning, they drove us to their office and we had a tour, and then 3 one hour interviews (depends on your group). One of the interviews was problem solving, and the other two were design/coding questions. Interviewers were really cool and worked with you towards your solution instead of trying to stump you. Afterwards, they had a company wide event at a bar/restaurant/bowling alley with free food and drinks! it was really fun!

after 3 days, I heard back from them that I got an offer. The hr is excellent for college recruiting and they get back to you fast!

Interview Question – Signed a disclosure form, so I can't say it. There were no "tricky" / classic interview questions though   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer very well for college grads (although the price of living is very high for that area)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight forward. I interviewed on campus and was asked a string pattern matching question. Once I answered the question, I was asked to optimize on the method and get a better solution. It lasted for about 30 mins. And then I was directly called on-site for the next round.

Interview Question – Did you know Vistaprint prior to Job-fair?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Interview Details – Apply this job on university career website. Have a phone screen at first. Simple programming question on finding missing number of an array. Got the onsite interview notification 30 minutes after the phone screen, Big Friday event. Three 1:1 interviews back-to-back. Question 1: estimate shampoo bottle consumption a year of the whole world. Question 2: OOP design a robot. Question 3: write a program to for coupon calculation.

Interview Questions

Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview via Campus Recruiting. The question was finding the missing number in a 1-1000 array in which the number was replaced by -1 and the array was randomly ordered.

Got the Super Saturday onsite interview right after my phone interview ends, in less than 3 hours. I was amazed by the speed.

Went to Great Boston Area on the Super Saturday with many other candidates. Friday night was purely networking. Talked with many people from software team and after that was discussion panel.

Then, on Saturday, the first thing was touring around the company with no one inside. This REALLY cannot give people a brief idea on how the company likes. After a brief lunch with a lot of current employees, I was given three 1:1 interviews, an OO Design question, the shampoo question, a coupon question(tho it was labeled as coding question, I would rather say it was another but easier OO design question) and a behavioral question.

After this, on Saturday night, part of the interviewees were taked to a bar, where more networking happened.

My negative opinion on the interview: First, a lot of information was duplicated. The interview consists too much networking and talking with people inside the company. For example, the friday night networking and discussion panel; during Saturday lunch; on saturday night; during site tour. Mostly with same information which was apparently a time waste. Second, tour the empty building really cannot give much information on the company's culture.

Except for those, the overall experience for me is great. I can feel that all people inside the company are those who love their jobs and are proud of it. I can feel the passion. And also, I can feel the company is trying to give every interviewees a deep understanding of the company, tho they probably should balance their networking portion and give more information about the company culture. I can feel the company is aggressive in growth and is really wanting to hire more people. And their contacting are quick. Got the offer the Tuesday right after the Super Saturday event.

One thing I should say is, for this company, it is really important to view all events as an interview on your personality. Please talk to as many people as you can and ask them questions. It is very important. Although most events were labeled company-answering-question, if you were not active enough, those events could be a drawback.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate since the offer was great and exactly what I want.

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Interview Details – ask some questions on data structures

Interview Question – some questions of data structures   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted on 1 Phone Interview
Questions
Find missing number in array of numbers 1-1000
Differences between C/C++
Loop in linked list

Interview Question – Missing number in array on 1-1000   Answer Question

Lexington, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview 10 days before the on-site interview. Some basic question about network protocols. And one basic coding question - how to find the only one missing number in a array of 1- 10000?

Got the notice to go an two-day on-site interview in Lexington. In fact, just one afternoon was spent on interview and a lot time spending on networkings... Three round 1:1 interviews.

First one is about OOD. Design a robert which can serve in the restaurant. Given other three functions relevant to the kitchen: kitchen.make(), kitchen.isready(), kitchen.get()

The second one is coding. Write a program to calculate the total amount of the shopping cart. There are three kind of coupons in the system: 1. all the products get N% discount 2. The next product get N% discount 3. The Nth of the P product get D dollar off (ex. the third box of pencils get 10cents off)

The third one is behavior and problem solving. Behavior question is to describe a hard time you go through in the recent. Problem solving is the hotel-size shampoo question - how many bottles of the hotel-size shampoo should be produced each year? Note: It's the hotel-size shampoo!!!

Get a thank-you phone after four days of the interview. Very disappointed. It seems that this company prefers the candidates around Boston Area.

Lexington, MA

Interview Details – It was my first interview on my full-time job hunting journey. I applied through campus career education center for this on campus interview. Basically, this interview lasted about an hour. The first half was consisted of introduction to VistaPrint and then going through my resume, I found the interviewer marked something on my resume, but the conversation was focused mainly on my summer intern. The second part, we did a programming test, I was asked to write code on a paper. The interviewer took out a long sentence, then he presented me a table with two columns. The first column was the extracted words from that sentence, the second column was the position that word appeared in the sentence. For example, "the song is the best", then, in the table, in the "the" row, the position was displayed as "0, 12", in the "song" row, the position was displayed as "4" and so on. Then, the interviewer asked me to find a data structure to store the information of this table. I could use any language I wanted. Therefore, I chose HashMap in Java. After this, the interviewer presented the second task, which was to bring back the sentence if you are given this table stored in the data structure you chose. It should not be hard if you write code on Eclipse, but the thing is I relied too much on the help of Eclipse that I could hardly remembered some functions and made me feel awkward. Finally, I finished that problem, but I was sure there should be mistakes. So my experience is that, try practicing coding on paper as well. It could be harder than your imagination especially when somebody is staring at you. I was told they moved on with other candidates 2 days later. Anyway, Good Luck to Everyone!

Interview Question – Choose a data structure to store the extracted words and their positions in a sentence and then bring the sentence back using any language you like. Writing code on paper.   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vistaprint

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!

Vistaprint Videos

Vistaprint – Why Work for Us?

One of The Biggest Things to Ever Happen to Small Businesses. Founded in 1995 and having launched our first commercial website in 2000, Vistaprint is an e-commerce pioneer and the world’s leading online design and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vistaprint Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vistaprint employees and interview candidates.