Vistaprint Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.9

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Connected at a college career fair and was invited to an interview. Did not go through phone screen, just met with two engineers in person. Asked what language I was most comfortable in and was asked to whiteboard (real code, not pseudocode) some OOP methods. Each interview lasted an hour

Interview Questions

• Write out the OOP methods and classes that might be used to model an elevator system   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Recently worked with a corporate recruiter hiring in the very earliest phase of interviewing.

The recruiter did his homework, was very thorough, and empathetically understood my position, current position, commute, and personality, like no other that I've ever communicated with in the last 22 years.

I am looking but not ready technically to handle myself in a rigorous interviewing process so we both decided to wait some time for me to come up to speed.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Emailed a recruiter and he replied over a month later around April. Had an initial, short interview with him that was a simple screening. Nothing technical. Was passed on to the next round where I had two, one-hour interviews. First was an object-oriented design problem and the second was a coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Just wasn't focused during the time of the interview. The coding problem involved finding the number of sheets required to print an array of objects.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair and received two one hour interviews back to back. The questions were pretty simple on the outset, so it was mostly a test of one's thinking process and thoroughness. The interviews were almost entirely answering coding questions. There wasn't strictly a behavioral portion; just a chance to ask the interviewers about their positions. Be prepared to mention what projects you've worked on, though.

Interview Questions

• Design an elevator shaft using object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I applied on campus and had an on campus interview. The process was organized and I met with each person for an hour. I interviewed with two developers. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• One question was to design an algorithm to optimally fit different sized cards on a piece of paper. The second question covered object oriented design   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I ended up applying late, but this process was still the best of all the internships I"ve interviewed for. I submitted my resume on a Tuesday, got a call back on Wednesday, set up interviews for Thursday morning, and had the offer by Thursday afternoon. The campus recruiting office is the BEST - very helpful, informative, nice, etc.
    I did the actual interviews via the phone, and did coding over a collaboration coding tool (via the internet) and over google docs. The interviewers were really nice and helpful, and I got a good vibe from them. Interview questions were unsurprising and kinda standard.
    1.) OOP design question (Design an elevator system, and they gave me some scenarios to consider while building). Be prepped to do a UML diagram.
    2.) Pretty simple geometry algorithm question that was sort of like your classic box-packing problem. You shouldn't need to prep too much for this one... it's really easy to overthink though, so be wary of that.

Interview Questions

• The elevator design was challenging just because there is no right answer. The most important thing there is to clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm an intern. I was surprised at how high it was that I didn't think fast enough to start negotiating.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Questions

• Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem.

I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it.

After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Found them at the career fair, had dinner with them and then a first round interview on campus. Mix of behavioral and technical questions of 45 minutes. Then, I got invited the very next evening to their Super Saturday Weekend Event from Friday night to Sunday. Friday night was a lot of fun and I talked to a lot of Vistaprint employees, and the Charles Hotel they invite you too was very nice. On Saturday morning, they drove us to their office and we had a tour, and then 3 one hour interviews (depends on your group). One of the interviews was problem solving, and the other two were design/coding questions. Interviewers were really cool and worked with you towards your solution instead of trying to stump you. Afterwards, they had a company wide event at a bar/restaurant/bowling alley with free food and drinks! it was really fun!

after 3 days, I heard back from them that I got an offer. The hr is excellent for college recruiting and they get back to you fast!

Interview Questions

• Signed a disclosure form, so I can't say it. There were no "tricky" / classic interview questions though   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer very well for college grads (although the price of living is very high for that area)