Vistaprint

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.9

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Emailed a recruiter and he replied over a month later around April. Had an initial, short interview with him that was a simple screening. Nothing technical. Was passed on to the next round where I had two, one-hour interviews. First was an object-oriented design problem and the second was a coding problem.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected. Just wasn't focused during the time of the interview. The coding problem involved finding the number of sheets required to print an array of objects.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in November 2014.

I applied to vistaprint at a career fair on campus and gave them my resume. The next week a got a phone call asking for an interview the following day. It consisted of two 1 hour interviews given by different people. The first interview I was asked to solve a variation of the 2d box-packing problem. The second interview asked me to design an elevator.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question of to design an elevator simply because it was very open-ended.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vistaprint in October 2014.

I applied through a career fair and received two one hour interviews back to back. The questions were pretty simple on the outset, so it was mostly a test of one's thinking process and thoroughness. The interviews were almost entirely answering coding questions. There wasn't strictly a behavioral portion; just a chance to ask the interviewers about their positions. Be prepared to mention what projects you've worked on, though.

Interview Questions
    • Design an elevator shaft using object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint.

I applied on campus and had an on campus interview. The process was organized and I met with each person for an hour. I interviewed with two developers. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • One question was to design an algorithm to optimally fit different sized cards on a piece of paper. The second question covered object oriented design   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I ended up applying late, but this process was still the best of all the internships I"ve interviewed for. I submitted my resume on a Tuesday, got a call back on Wednesday, set up interviews for Thursday morning, and had the offer by Thursday afternoon. The campus recruiting office is the BEST - very helpful, informative, nice, etc.
    I did the actual interviews via the phone, and did coding over a collaboration coding tool (via the internet) and over google docs. The interviewers were really nice and helpful, and I got a good vibe from them. Interview questions were unsurprising and kinda standard.
    1.) OOP design question (Design an elevator system, and they gave me some scenarios to consider while building). Be prepped to do a UML diagram.
    2.) Pretty simple geometry algorithm question that was sort of like your classic box-packing problem. You shouldn't need to prep too much for this one... it's really easy to overthink though, so be wary of that.

Interview Questions
    • The elevator design was challenging just because there is no right answer. The most important thing there is to clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing.   Answer Question
    I'm an intern. I was surprised at how high it was that I didn't think fast enough to start negotiating.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vistaprint.

The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Questions
    • Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem.

I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it.

After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in September 2013.

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in October 2012.

Found them at the career fair, had dinner with them and then a first round interview on campus. Mix of behavioral and technical questions of 45 minutes. Then, I got invited the very next evening to their Super Saturday Weekend Event from Friday night to Sunday. Friday night was a lot of fun and I talked to a lot of Vistaprint employees, and the Charles Hotel they invite you too was very nice. On Saturday morning, they drove us to their office and we had a tour, and then 3 one hour interviews (depends on your group). One of the interviews was problem solving, and the other two were design/coding questions. Interviewers were really cool and worked with you towards your solution instead of trying to stump you. Afterwards, they had a company wide event at a bar/restaurant/bowling alley with free food and drinks! it was really fun!

after 3 days, I heard back from them that I got an offer. The hr is excellent for college recruiting and they get back to you fast!

Interview Questions
    • Signed a disclosure form, so I can't say it. There were no "tricky" / classic interview questions though   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they offer very well for college grads (although the price of living is very high for that area)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

interviewed at Vistaprint in September 2012.

It was pretty straight forward. I interviewed on campus and was asked a string pattern matching question. Once I answered the question, I was asked to optimize on the method and get a better solution. It lasted for about 30 mins. And then I was directly called on-site for the next round.