Vistaprint Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

One day with two back to back, hour long interviews. Both were extremely hands-on. The first asked how you would solve a problem and you had to explain in words and draw on a whiteboard. The second asked you to write out code on a sheet of paper while the interview watched as you wrote every line.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair and received two one hour interviews back to back. The questions were pretty simple on the outset, so it was mostly a test of one's thinking process and thoroughness. The interviews were almost entirely answering coding questions. There wasn't strictly a behavioral portion; just a chance to ask the interviewers about their positions. Be prepared to mention what projects you've worked on, though.

Interview Questions

• Design an elevator shaft using object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Connected at a college career fair and was invited to an interview. Did not go through phone screen, just met with two engineers in person. Asked what language I was most comfortable in and was asked to whiteboard (real code, not pseudocode) some OOP methods. Each interview lasted an hour

Interview Questions

• Write out the OOP methods and classes that might be used to model an elevator system   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem. I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it. After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Recently worked with a corporate recruiter hiring in the very earliest phase of interviewing. The recruiter did his homework, was very thorough, and empathetically understood my position, current position, commute, and personality, like no other that I've ever communicated with in the last 22 years. I am looking but not ready technically to handle myself in a rigorous interviewing process so we both decided to wait some time for me to come up to speed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in September 2014.

Interview

Quick, informed about how the process was going at all times, natural and relaxed. HR representatives made sure I was comfortable, all interviewers were very open when asked questions, providing lenghty, insightful answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

How many small size shampoo bottles are produced every year

Interview Questions

• What is the total number of small sized shampoo bottles produces in the world.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

After meeting Vistaprint at a job fair, I had a first round interview on campus with a software engineer. It was a fun coding question to calculate the amount of paper the company needs to print an array of paper products. I got invited to a two-day superday onsite in Boston. They housed us in the Charles Hotel and took us to dinner. The next day, we went back to the company and we did company tours and three separate 1-hour interviews: software design, a coding scenario, and a fun brainteaser

Interview Questions

• How many bottles of shampoo are produced in the world a year?   25 Answers
    • Given an array of paper products in which each product has an attribute name, width, and height, and given a sheet of paper that has width xx and height yy, write a program that returns the number of sheets of paper needed to print out the array of paper products   Answer Question
    • How would you design elevator software?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter at Vistaprint. It was a brief 15 min interview over the phone and then a technical interview was arranged. I was called onsite for personal interview with atlest 5 of them. The first interview the person as late to work so that didnt happen. The next interview I was told briefly about the company and department. I thought the interview was going pretty well until it exploded.. I was told that the job did not have any Microsoft .net work until a year although I was called in for a Dotnet developer position. They had a 'tool' they wanted me to work on. For some reasong nobody in the department wanted to work on it. Now, who in the world would like this job after been told this. Obviously I was not interested and told them that it is very 'dissapointing' We didnt wanted to continue the interview but i was just giving it a shot as drove all the wayto Lexington for 3 hrs, didnt wanted to go back so soon. Anyway I guess they just called in the next person and no one came after that. Then the HR said it is not working for them as ' I' use lot of ' tools' which the company dont like. Infact I was thinking that the ' company' had been using 'tools' other than dotnet for this position was the real issue. Any way I asked why the Job description was not accurate. The HR had no idea about what it is about as far as Hr knows, it is dotnet position. Overall experience was very Dissapointing and I am glad that I conveyed it to them at the interview.

Interview Questions

• Question about how many shampoo bottles the company need to market.   Answer Question

It wasnt going to work out anyway. If they retired the tool they would not have the job for me. They had other dotnet people working but didnt have any dotnet work for me. Why did they even call me for this interview? I have over 6 years exp with dotnet working for Big 10 companies and was not going to work on anything else.