Vistaprint Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in September 2013.

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

I was able to schedule an on-campus interview after the job fair. Interview was 30-45 minutes and casual. I was still new to interviewing so I didn't do very well. I got a rejection email two days later. Like many other Software Engineering interviews, know your running times and be comfortable writing code on paper.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of words in a certain order, place them into another array in the order that they ask. Must write code.   Answer Question
    • Design a class given a set of requirements   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vistaprint in March 2012.

Ssnet CV online, was then contacted via email to confirm they wished to conduct an intial background interview. Upon completion was then emailed again to confirm through to next round where a technical interview took place asking about coding and general computer science skills.

Interview Questions
    • Given an unsorted array of numbers 1-10,000 with no repeats, a number is replaced with -1. How would you identify which number was replaced?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Apply this job on university career website. Have a phone screen at first. Simple programming question on finding missing number of an array. Got the onsite interview notification 30 minutes after the phone screen, Big Friday event. Three 1:1 interviews back-to-back. Question 1: estimate shampoo bottle consumption a year of the whole world. Question 2: OOP design a robot. Question 3: write a program to for coupon calculation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistaprint in October 2009.

How many small size shampoo bottles are produced every year

Interview Questions
    • What is the total number of small sized shampoo bottles produces in the world.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint in November 2009.

After meeting Vistaprint at a job fair, I had a first round interview on campus with a software engineer. It was a fun coding question to calculate the amount of paper the company needs to print an array of paper products. I got invited to a two-day superday onsite in Boston. They housed us in the Charles Hotel and took us to dinner. The next day, we went back to the company and we did company tours and three separate 1-hour interviews: software design, a coding scenario, and a fun brainteaser

Interview Questions
    • How many bottles of shampoo are produced in the world a year?   View Answers (25)
    • Given an array of paper products in which each product has an attribute name, width, and height, and given a sheet of paper that has width xx and height yy, write a program that returns the number of sheets of paper needed to print out the array of paper products   Answer Question
    • How would you design elevator software?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint in April 2010.

I was contacted by the recruiter at Vistaprint. It was a brief 15 min interview over the phone and then a technical interview was arranged. I was called onsite for personal interview with atlest 5 of them.
    The first interview the person as late to work so that didnt happen. The next interview I was told briefly about the company and department. I thought the interview was going pretty well until it exploded.. I was told that the job did not have any Microsoft .net work until a year although I was called in for a Dotnet developer position. They had a 'tool' they wanted me to work on. For some reasong nobody in the department wanted to work on it. Now, who in the world would like this job after been told this. Obviously I was not interested and told them that it is very 'dissapointing' We didnt wanted to continue the interview but i was just giving it a shot as drove all the wayto Lexington for 3 hrs, didnt wanted to go back so soon. Anyway I guess they just called in the next person and no one came after that. Then the HR said it is not working for them as ' I' use lot of ' tools' which the company dont like. Infact I was thinking that the ' company' had been using 'tools' other than dotnet for this position was the real issue. Any way I asked why the Job description was not accurate. The HR had no idea about what it is about as far as Hr knows, it is dotnet position. Overall experience was very Dissapointing and I am glad that I conveyed it to them at the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Question about how many shampoo bottles the company need to market.   Answer Question

It wasnt going to work out anyway. If they retired the tool they would not have the job for me. They had other dotnet people working but didnt have any dotnet work for me. Why did they even call me for this interview? I have over 6 years exp with dotnet working for Big 10 companies and was not going to work on anything else.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

It was my first interview on my full-time job hunting journey. I applied through campus career education center for this on campus interview. Basically, this interview lasted about an hour. The first half was consisted of introduction to VistaPrint and then going through my resume, I found the interviewer marked something on my resume, but the conversation was focused mainly on my summer intern. The second part, we did a programming test, I was asked to write code on a paper. The interviewer took out a long sentence, then he presented me a table with two columns. The first column was the extracted words from that sentence, the second column was the position that word appeared in the sentence. For example, "the song is the best", then, in the table, in the "the" row, the position was displayed as "0, 12", in the "song" row, the position was displayed as "4" and so on. Then, the interviewer asked me to find a data structure to store the information of this table. I could use any language I wanted. Therefore, I chose HashMap in Java. After this, the interviewer presented the second task, which was to bring back the sentence if you are given this table stored in the data structure you chose. It should not be hard if you write code on Eclipse, but the thing is I relied too much on the help of Eclipse that I could hardly remembered some functions and made me feel awkward. Finally, I finished that problem, but I was sure there should be mistakes. So my experience is that, try practicing coding on paper as well. It could be harder than your imagination especially when somebody is staring at you. I was told they moved on with other candidates 2 days later. Anyway, Good Luck to Everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Choose a data structure to store the extracted words and their positions in a sentence and then bring the sentence back using any language you like. Writing code on paper.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Received a phone interview 10 days before the on-site interview. Some basic question about network protocols. And one basic coding question - how to find the only one missing number in a array of 1- 10000?

Got the notice to go an two-day on-site interview in Lexington. In fact, just one afternoon was spent on interview and a lot time spending on networkings... Three round 1:1 interviews.

First one is about OOD. Design a robert which can serve in the restaurant. Given other three functions relevant to the kitchen: kitchen.make(), kitchen.isready(), kitchen.get()

The second one is coding. Write a program to calculate the total amount of the shopping cart. There are three kind of coupons in the system: 1. all the products get N% discount 2. The next product get N% discount 3. The Nth of the P product get D dollar off (ex. the third box of pencils get 10cents off)

The third one is behavior and problem solving. Behavior question is to describe a hard time you go through in the recent. Problem solving is the hotel-size shampoo question - how many bottles of the hotel-size shampoo should be produced each year? Note: It's the hotel-size shampoo!!!

Get a thank-you phone after four days of the interview. Very disappointed. It seems that this company prefers the candidates around Boston Area.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vistaprint in October 2011.

Consisted on 1 Phone Interview