Vistar Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Order Picker Interview

Order Picker
Bolingbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Vistar Corporation in September 2011.

Interview Details – Normal process. Called for interview, offered the position, sent for drug screen, and started work. Interviewed with the operations manager and general manager. It wasn't a difficult interview, it was just different. The operations manager tried to appear intimidating while the general manager was friendly. Once you get to know them, you find out that's the way they are anyway.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions. It was all the normal interview questions that most people could answer without difficulty. The downside was that there were two managers in there and they played the "Good cop/ Bad cop" routine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Everyone starts at the same rate and then gets a raise after the first year based on your performance.

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Vistar Corporation.

Interview Details – 2-3 interviews. Show food and sales experience

Interview Question – They will ask about taking care of customers   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Vistar Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through one of the standard application portals. The application was the usual, had to list job history, references, etc. The hiring manager seemed nice, he outlined the process and for the most part, stuck to the timeline he indicated. They narrowed the resumes down to 10, then had phone interviews, From the 10 candidates, they were narrowed down to 6 in-person panel interviews. This was to be narrowed down to 2, then a decision was to be made. I had a phone (30 minutes) and panel interview (45 minutes). It appeared that the same questions were asked of all candidates.

Interview Question – You look great on paper, how do we know that you won't live up to what's on your resume.   Answer Question

Worked for Vistar Corporation? Contribute to the Community!