Vitacost Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

2.3

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitacost.

An executive assistance helped book travel arrangements, including flights, hotel accommodations, car rental and reimbursement for meals. The interview was meant to include 4-one hour blocks talking to separate people. Only two of those showed up and the interview ended a half an hour early. The company also has a strict guest/visitor policy and I was given a really hokey looking scrap of paper (meant to be a name tag) written with pen that someone came up with at the last second.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were low-ball. One of the HR Representatives simply asked "so you think you can do this job?" before simply talking about the company, area, and when I could begin.   View Answer
    Several emails and a phone call were sent back and forth. The company was at least generous in terms of negotiating salary.

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vitacost in March 2013.

I applied then got a call almost immediately. I did a phone interview with the HR person then the Director of the department called and I did a another phone interview.

Then I was called for an in-person interview the following day and was asked to bring samples of my work. I did and the team was very nice and they were impressed by my resume.

SN: I mentioned a top SEO software that is industry standard and they were completely clueless to what i was talking about, which made me realize that they didn't understand the internet marketing landscape.

I got a tour and it is a very open atmosphere (no wonder no work is getting done), but had a work out room and they were remodeling. I was to do a follow up interview with C-Level executive but he was on vacation at the time. I told them, hey i have 4 offers on the table and they sent the offer anyways without the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question for me because my internet knowledge surpassed theirs.   Answer Question

Because of all the negative reviews about the company. A key part of success in internet marketing is developing your employees to do bigger and better things and they are no inspiring their employees. I also got offered a job with more money and closer to where I lived and the job started earlier. I was in dire financial need st the time.

Different Position Which I Applied Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vitacost in May 2013.

HR called me to be interviewed for a different position which i could be a good fit based on my resume. I asked the description position but HR did not give me any details over the phone. So we scheduled the interview the next day. The interview was smooth and I enjoyed an intellectual conversation with lab manager and regulation department. They asked me couple questions and tested with a sample. the end of interview, aprox 1 hour,

Interview Questions
    • They were not tricky questions, simple and straight to the point.
      1- Tell me what you know about vitacost-
      2-what do you know FDA monograph
      3- have you ever worked with suppliers, specially Rugers chemical?
      4.-what do you want to be in food industry?
      5- Test sample= tell me if some mistakes and how to fix it.
        Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vitacost in April 2013.

Got a call from HR, had me come in and meet with HR lady and facilities manager. Both were very nice. Interview lasted about an hour. Got an email a couple days later, and was asked to meet with an Operations Manager and Dir. of Operations. Met with them separately. Again, very nice. Had fun interviews..Total time about 2.5 hours. Took a tour of the facility and given brief explanation of ins and outs. Was told that they would circle back around once they talked it over. ....Two weeks later, I have emailed several times and called and left message. No call back, no response, no rejection, nothing. Never a call back or communication. The interview process was challenging, and the people were nice. I was very upset that if they didn't want to move forward, that they could at least have given a courtesy call or email.

Interview Questions
    • How many cows are in Canada - asked by Dir. of Operations   View Answer

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Vitacost in May 2012.

Several grueling interviews in a row

Simple

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Vitacost in December 2012.

Email Resume, Interview with management and call will come quickly as to next steps.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vitacost.

Got a call from recruiter, arrange a phone interview then a onsite interview, then give 2-week notice to former employee and start the new job

Interview Questions
    • Are you good at dealing with difficult customer?
      Are you good at working under stress?
        Answer Question

Security and Compliance Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Vitacost.

I applied online and was called by their recruiter fairly quickly. There was a 30 - 60 minute phone interview, mostly non-technical followed by scheduling a technical interview with the executive in charge of this department. Later, I interviewed the executive in charge of the department, and I had a technical interview for another 30 - 60 minutes. After that, I was booked to interview with the team -- both co-workers as well as supervisors and upper management. Those interviews were for a total of 2 - 4 hours. Following that, references were requested as they had narrowed down their search to the remaining candidates.

The process as a whole was professional, and the people I encountered and interviewed with were both courteous and genuine; I also appreciated the department executive keeping me in the loop regarding my status, and I felt that it reflected highly of the organization.

Worked for Vitacost? Contribute to the Community!