Vital Images

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Imaging Scientist-intern Interview

Medical Imaging Scientist-intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vital Images in June 2013.

Interview Details – Step 1: Phone Interview by General HR
Step 2: Phone Interview by a senior scientist
             1. background check, elaborate related experiences
             2. logical question: There are three boxes, each contains an orange, or an apple or a banana. They are labeled but all three labels are wrongly placed. Ask you how many times do you need to decide which box contains orange, banana and apple. Answer is 1 time.
              3. Programing concepts: There is a 3D image contains a cube, a sphere. How would you detect these objects out. He said it is a open question.

Regulatory Interview

Regulatory

I applied online and interviewed at Vital Images.

Interview Details – -HR Phone Screen - average to tough screening. Asked many somewhat typical interview questions, but a couple were tough.
-Phone interview with VP - easy to average interview. VP was friendly and discussed some off-topics, too, which was nice, just trying get to know me I think.

Interview Questions

• HR screen: Do you like working in a team or independently better?   Answer Question
  • HR screen: How does the quality of your work affect others?   Answer Question
  • HR screen: What obstacles have you overcome to achieve what you have in your career?   Answer Question
  • HR screen: How does accountability affect your work ethic?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vital Images in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a software developer position and several months later I received an invitation to do an interview. After a standard interview with a hr person, there was a technical phone screen on C++. The technical interview was being done by the VP of engineering, which seemed a bit awkward and left somewhat of a small company impression to me.

The phone screen itself consisted of pretty standard C++ questions on topics like operator overloading and polymorphism which the interviewer obviously read from a list. The interviewer seemed happy with textbook definitions of C++ concepts but when I departed from the standard textbook definition and explained a concept with an example, he hesitated and did not seem to understand the answer. I guess he was just reading questions with their answers from a list and if my response matched the answer he had on his list, he was happy. Otherwise, he just didn't know.

I would rate the interview being of average difficulty. A few days later I received a reply that I had not passed the interview. The same week I had a much more difficult C++ interview at another company which I did pass. So I am not sure whether it were the interviewer's C++ skills or my C++ skills that caused me not to pass.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Regulatory Affairs Intern Interview

Regulatory Affairs Intern

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vital Images in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and 1 onsite.
First phone interview: Basic HR
Second phone interview: Lead Regulatory Personnel..........Asked lot of questions regarding regulatory related projects, International compliance, quality standards. Also asked about my thesis project

All the interviewer were really nice and were willing to listen about my projects.

Interview Questions

Worked for Vital Images? Contribute to the Community!