Vitalize Consulting Solutions

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Epic Consultant Interview

Epic Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Vitalize Consulting Solutions.

Interview Details – A series of email correspondance with a recruiter followed by several phone conversations with a recruiter. I had an interview with a resource manager to go over my background and an interview with another consultant to assess my technical abilities. The resource manager who hired me left the company shortly after my hire date.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, mostly standard questions related to the health care IT industry and the Epic Systems vendor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered slightly less than my minimum salary requirement in addition to a signing bonus. When I tried to negotiate salary the would not budge.

Project Director Interview

Project Director
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vitalize Consulting Solutions in November 2011.

Interview Details – Great culture and hiring process. You can tell they only hire the best of the best and just not anyone.

Interview Question – Know your project management terminology that's Project Management Institute (PMI) based, but also have to show how you've applied this in the real world practical work setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. Know what you're worth going into the interviewing process, but also know where your limits are. You don't know what you can get if you don't ask, but the pay here is a little above the industry standard because of the travel involved as well as Vitalize (SAIC) hiring the best of the best in consultants.

Consultant - Epic Practice Interview

Consultant - Epic Practice

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vitalize Consulting Solutions in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews were conducted with the Recruiter, the Regional Manager, a technical interview with a fellow Consultant, and an interview with the Epic Practice Manager. The interviews were congenial, thorough, and quite fair, covering both technical and investigative queries to determine my skills and fit within the organization's needs and personality. All people involved were friendly, intelligent, well spoken, courteous, and professional. The work culture appeared to be one of helping each other with offering of skills, assisting when needed, providing references when opportunities arose, and participating in meetings in a virtual environment. There appears to be a good structure of support mechanisms set up within the organization for the staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced in a build situation and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
  • What is an example of a troubleshooting issue that arose and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations centered around salary and sign-on bonus. Paid time off didn't appear to be negotiable. What was not apparent up front was the bonus accrual system, where when on bench time, you incur a negative bonus accrual that must be paid back before you can begin earning bonus again when billing. Have this explained up front.

Consulting Interview

Consulting

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vitalize Consulting Solutions in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR recruiter for 30 minutes asking basic HR interview questions. Then explanation about VCS and company culture, benefits, etc... Phone interview with hiring manager for 1 hour. Everyone I interviewed with was very personable, nice and down to earth. I had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Vitalize Consulting Solutions? Contribute to the Community!