Vitamin Shoppe Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in October 2013.

Vitamin Shoppe has a two step interview process. First interview was with the Store Manager, asking relative questions based on past experience in management situations. For example, how would you handle an upset customer? What steps would you take to coach an associate who is having a bad attitude? What were your previous job managerial responsibilities?

The second interview was with the district manager. The questions were all similar. Basically, they wanted to know if i was ready to go into the position or if extra training was needed.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had two staff that bump heads, and what did you do?   View Answer
The store manager made the offer over the phone, an attempt to negotiate was made but they did not budge on their offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Vitamin Shoppe

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in July 2012.

Very structured, very poorly put together at that. Long drawn out process as well. Most managers are socially awkward at this job, so be prepared for silence and a lot of "uhhh"

Interview Questions
    • Not a hard interview at all, all basic "what have you done in the past"   Answer Question
    There wasn't one, they try to swindle you with not discussing pay on all levels

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

you have to apply online. if the store is hiring they will see your application online and give you a call to set up a phone interview. if they like you, you will get called in to interview with the store manager. if the store manager likes you, you interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more than i was offered and they made a counter offer that i accepted. my advice would be not to take the first offer. they will always offer you something low.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in December 2012.

The interview process comes pre-scripted for the interviewer to read aloud to the interviewee.Questions such as: Tell me about time you motivated a friend or co-worker. Tell me about a time you reached a goal. Tell me about a time you failed to reach a goal and why.

Interview Questions
    • What's the last article you read on health or wellness?   View Answer
    It took around 3 weeks. Interviewed 3 times.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Applied online then was brought in for a scheduled interview.

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary. Situational questions such as name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

too many interviews and too much turnover right now. pay your employees a little more so they will be happy. i know its a choice to work there but its nice to know you matter

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle unruly customers and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    i asked for an amount and i got it but i brought a lot of knowledge and retail experience

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

You will meet with store manager then district manager. They will give you scenarios asking for you to explain a time when you had to do a task, deal with difficult employee, discipline methods, etc. they want to see multiple skill sets. Be ready to sell yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the last health and wellness article you read.   Answer Question
    They will ask you aor an acceptable range and for this position it can go anywhere from 11-17 as of 2013.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in March 2013.

I was contacted by Store Manager. She asked me some basic questions. We made an appointment for an interview the next week. The interview went well and found the manager to be very friendly and professional. I could tell she has a lot of experience in interviewing.
    She asked me many good questions that made me think before answering.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a situation where I was teaching an employee how to do something and they just weren't getting it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

The interview was with the store manager and the DM. They were both welcoming and asked the questions clearly and professional. They asked the basic retail questions such as; what did I like the most/least about my past job and examples of how I would lead a team.

Interview Questions
    • There was no very difficult questions but the most unexpected was "what was the last thing you learned?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in February 2011.

Applied via internet at Vitamin Shoppe.com. Got a phone call from the store manager. The store manager scheduled an interview with me. I met with the store manager the next day for the interview. The interview lasted about 1 hour. The store manager then scheduled an interview with her boss (district manager). 2 days later I met with the District Manager, went through his interview and then was given a job offer from the store manager. I was employed in about 5 days.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Very basic and almost too general.   Answer Question
    I was unemployed at the time and needed a job so I was not in a position to negotiate......I was happy to have been offered a job.

Worked for Vitamin Shoppe? Contribute to the Community!