Vitamin Shoppe Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.6

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

Fill out an app online. they contact you for an interview with the store manager. if that goes well, you speak with the district manager. a day or 2 later, they called and offered the job. if you pass the drug test, you go through a week of training and you're good to go.

Interview Questions

• why are manhole covers round?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Vitamin Shoppe

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

you have to apply online. if the store is hiring they will see your application online and give you a call to set up a phone interview. if they like you, you will get called in to interview with the store manager. if the store manager likes you, you interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more than i was offered and they made a counter offer that i accepted. my advice would be not to take the first offer. they will always offer you something low.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online then was brought in for a scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the ordinary. Situational questions such as name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

too many interviews and too much turnover right now. pay your employees a little more so they will be happy. i know its a choice to work there but its nice to know you matter

Interview Questions

• how do you handle unruly customers and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

i asked for an amount and i got it but i brought a lot of knowledge and retail experience

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

You will meet with store manager then district manager. They will give you scenarios asking for you to explain a time when you had to do a task, deal with difficult employee, discipline methods, etc. they want to see multiple skill sets. Be ready to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last health and wellness article you read.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will ask you aor an acceptable range and for this position it can go anywhere from 11-17 as of 2013.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Vitamin Shoppe has a two step interview process. First interview was with the Store Manager, asking relative questions based on past experience in management situations. For example, how would you handle an upset customer? What steps would you take to coach an associate who is having a bad attitude? What were your previous job managerial responsibilities? The second interview was with the district manager. The questions were all similar. Basically, they wanted to know if i was ready to go into the position or if extra training was needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had two staff that bump heads, and what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The store manager made the offer over the phone, an attempt to negotiate was made but they did not budge on their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was with the store manager and the DM. They were both welcoming and asked the questions clearly and professional. They asked the basic retail questions such as; what did I like the most/least about my past job and examples of how I would lead a team.

Interview Questions

• There was no very difficult questions but the most unexpected was "what was the last thing you learned?"   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

first interview with the store you applied for and second interview with the district manager.

Negotiation

Ask for a Salary that you deserve especially if you have the experience.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Baltimore, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by Store Manager. She asked me some basic questions. We made an appointment for an interview the next week. The interview went well and found the manager to be very friendly and professional. I could tell she has a lot of experience in interviewing. She asked me many good questions that made me think before answering.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation where I was teaching an employee how to do something and they just weren't getting it.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process comes pre-scripted for the interviewer to read aloud to the interviewee.Questions such as: Tell me about time you motivated a friend or co-worker. Tell me about a time you reached a goal. Tell me about a time you failed to reach a goal and why.

Interview Questions

• What's the last article you read on health or wellness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took around 3 weeks. Interviewed 3 times.