Vitamin Shoppe Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.6

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Had an interview with the District Manager and Training Manager, then had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. It was pretty standard questions. On experience, how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • Adamant that I tell them how much I needed to take the job had to give a dollar amount.   View Answer
    There was no negotiations, I told them the minimum I would take and they gave it to me.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Initially, I applied for the position towards the end of May. I received a call from hr for the screening and was followed up with about 1 week later to schedule my first set of interviews with 4 people. It seemed as though all went well because I was called to meet with the VP who said they ideally would like to have someone in by the end of June. After a week of waiting I emailed hr but did not receive a response. Finally after three weeks, I called hr but was not immediately recognized. When I asked what was the status of the opening she said they were still interviewing but as far as she knew I was one of the candidates they liked. That was the beginning of July. It is now the end of July and I received an automated response stating I didn't get the role. It would be nice if hr would have taken the 30 seconds it takes to write a more personal email. Needless to say my interview experience with the vitamin shoppe has not left a good impression of how they do business. This entire process was about 60 days. The problem is that the initial contact, interview, and final interview were within 2.5 weeks and the rest of the time I was left in the dark with what was going on.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions asking me about my experience like a time when I had a challenge and I overcame it.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in January 2014.

The hiring and interview process was very quick and professional. My interview was with the general manager and one assistant manager. They where routine questions about work experience and how I would handle difficult customers. The hiring process was very quick and painless. The hiring process probably took two weeks from the time of my initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • From my experience as a personal trainer and having been in the fitness industry for over 9 years I honestly wasn't hit with any unexpected or difficult questions. Know your customer service values and be able to speak about supplements and you with be fine!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in October 2013.

Vitamin Shoppe has a two step interview process. First interview was with the Store Manager, asking relative questions based on past experience in management situations. For example, how would you handle an upset customer? What steps would you take to coach an associate who is having a bad attitude? What were your previous job managerial responsibilities?

The second interview was with the district manager. The questions were all similar. Basically, they wanted to know if i was ready to go into the position or if extra training was needed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had two staff that bump heads, and what did you do?   View Answer
    The store manager made the offer over the phone, an attempt to negotiate was made but they did not budge on their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in July 2012.

Very structured, very poorly put together at that. Long drawn out process as well. Most managers are socially awkward at this job, so be prepared for silence and a lot of "uhhh"

Interview Questions
    • Not a hard interview at all, all basic "what have you done in the past"   Answer Question
    There wasn't one, they try to swindle you with not discussing pay on all levels

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

you have to apply online. if the store is hiring they will see your application online and give you a call to set up a phone interview. if they like you, you will get called in to interview with the store manager. if the store manager likes you, you interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more than i was offered and they made a counter offer that i accepted. my advice would be not to take the first offer. they will always offer you something low.

Health Enthusiast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in February 2012.

it was an easy and simple process. Met with the manager, as well as the district manager. Interviewed for 2 days, after that, I waited for an approval, then proceeded to background check and drug test. It was a good interview where I got to know the manager I was going to work for.

Vice President Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Bergen, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bergen, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in April 2014.

Had to fill out a long very lengthy application. I was an internal referral and had to point that out. Fill out a bunch of referrals and why I believe in a healthy lifestyle, Which seems rather probing for a job application. The HR rep was not very knowledgeable about the position, she didn't present the candidate profile up the food chain just immediately rejected even though I meet all of the qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions during the interview   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Union City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

I applied online, went in to meet the manager, and was contacted within 2 weeks for an interview with the store manager. Within a week, I had another interview with the district manager, and received an offer a few days later. Interview contained standard questions about past experience, what lessons you learned from certain situations, strengths/weaknesses, health and fitness in my daily life.- Nothing hard.

No negotiation

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manhasset, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in September 2013.

I had initially applied online. I was contacted for an interview, not immediately but two weeks following the submission of my application. I was set up for face-to-face interview later that week. My interview was with the SM. The Store Manager had asked me multiple questions about past work experience and work ethic.

I had a lot of knowledge about supplementation before applying to TVS. It did not take long into the interview for me to realize I knew quite a bit more about vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients than the Store Manager herself. She seemed as if she was relatively new to the location and profession to me.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about prior work experience, work ethic, things I did and did not like about past jobs. Reasons for leaving as well as past positions and salaries. My overall interests in health, nutrition, fitness ect.   View Answer
    $11.00/per hour

Worked for Vitamin Shoppe? Contribute to the Community!