Vitamin Shoppe

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.7

Health Enthusiast Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

I applied on person and online, the manager said to me that I was going to be call the next day for an interview because they needed with urgency the position filled. He never contact me, next week I passed by and ask if the position was already filled, he answer that some manager downgrade himself to the position so now the vacancy was for manager.... I did not believe his story but what could I do about it. However I must say the guys was friendly always and he even remembered my name.

Sales Associate Interview

I had applied online and within several days they had called me back. The store manager was the one who was conducting the interviews with the potential new members for the job.

Interview Questions
    • They had mainly asked questions pertaining about previous work experience. Such as what were your responsibilities at your previous company or what is your previous work experience. Also talked about how you can progress if you stick with the company. They said that they would let me know if they were interested because they had several other applicants apply.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

1 Phone interview with a manager, a in person interview with store manager, then another in person interview with district manager. The in person interviews were in the back room (no break room in the store) and no heat in the back room.

Interview Questions
    • Something like tell me about a time where you werent able to do but did anyway.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Fill out an app online. they contact you for an interview with the store manager. if that goes well, you speak with the district manager. a day or 2 later, they called and offered the job. if you pass the drug test, you go through a week of training and you're good to go.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Had an interview with the District Manager and Training Manager, then had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. It was pretty standard questions. On experience, how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • Adamant that I tell them how much I needed to take the job had to give a dollar amount.   View Answer
    There was no negotiations, I told them the minimum I would take and they gave it to me.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Initially, I applied for the position towards the end of May. I received a call from hr for the screening and was followed up with about 1 week later to schedule my first set of interviews with 4 people. It seemed as though all went well because I was called to meet with the VP who said they ideally would like to have someone in by the end of June. After a week of waiting I emailed hr but did not receive a response. Finally after three weeks, I called hr but was not immediately recognized. When I asked what was the status of the opening she said they were still interviewing but as far as she knew I was one of the candidates they liked. That was the beginning of July. It is now the end of July and I received an automated response stating I didn't get the role. It would be nice if hr would have taken the 30 seconds it takes to write a more personal email. Needless to say my interview experience with the vitamin shoppe has not left a good impression of how they do business. This entire process was about 60 days. The problem is that the initial contact, interview, and final interview were within 2.5 weeks and the rest of the time I was left in the dark with what was going on.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions asking me about my experience like a time when I had a challenge and I overcame it.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

you have to apply online. if the store is hiring they will see your application online and give you a call to set up a phone interview. if they like you, you will get called in to interview with the store manager. if the store manager likes you, you interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more than i was offered and they made a counter offer that i accepted. my advice would be not to take the first offer. they will always offer you something low.

Vice President Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in April 2014.

Had to fill out a long very lengthy application. I was an internal referral and had to point that out. Fill out a bunch of referrals and why I believe in a healthy lifestyle, Which seems rather probing for a job application. The HR rep was not very knowledgeable about the position, she didn't present the candidate profile up the food chain just immediately rejected even though I meet all of the qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions during the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

I applied online, went in to meet the manager, and was contacted within 2 weeks for an interview with the store manager. Within a week, I had another interview with the district manager, and received an offer a few days later. Interview contained standard questions about past experience, what lessons you learned from certain situations, strengths/weaknesses, health and fitness in my daily life.- Nothing hard.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

I was first was called in for one interview, which was a group interview, I felt it went very very well. Then I was called in for a second interview where I interviewed with 2 managers. The process took a reasonable amount of time between applying and being called in but it may depend on the particular store.