Vitamin Shoppe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Merchandising Assistant
Secaucus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview Details – Initially, I applied for the position towards the end of May. I received a call from hr for the screening and was followed up with about 1 week later to schedule my first set of interviews with 4 people. It seemed as though all went well because I was called to meet with the VP who said they ideally would like to have someone in by the end of June. After a week of waiting I emailed hr but did not receive a response. Finally after three weeks, I called hr but was not immediately recognized. When I asked what was the status of the opening she said they were still interviewing but as far as she knew I was one of the candidates they liked. That was the beginning of July. It is now the end of July and I received an automated response stating I didn't get the role. It would be nice if hr would have taken the 30 seconds it takes to write a more personal email. Needless to say my interview experience with the vitamin shoppe has not left a good impression of how they do business. This entire process was about 60 days. The problem is that the initial contact, interview, and final interview were within 2.5 weeks and the rest of the time I was left in the dark with what was going on.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions asking me about my experience like a time when I had a challenge and I overcame it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Vice President Technical Services Interview

Vice President Technical Services
North Bergen, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had to fill out a long very lengthy application. I was an internal referral and had to point that out. Fill out a bunch of referrals and why I believe in a healthy lifestyle, Which seems rather probing for a job application. The HR rep was not very knowledgeable about the position, she didn't present the candidate profile up the food chain just immediately rejected even though I meet all of the qualifications.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions during the interview   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Manhasset, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had initially applied online. I was contacted for an interview, not immediately but two weeks following the submission of my application. I was set up for face-to-face interview later that week. My interview was with the SM. The Store Manager had asked me multiple questions about past work experience and work ethic.

I had a lot of knowledge about supplementation before applying to TVS. It did not take long into the interview for me to realize I knew quite a bit more about vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients than the Store Manager herself. She seemed as if she was relatively new to the location and profession to me.

Interview Question – Standard questions about prior work experience, work ethic, things I did and did not like about past jobs. Reasons for leaving as well as past positions and salaries. My overall interests in health, nutrition, fitness ect.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – $11.00/per hour

Bronx, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview Details – I was first was called in for one interview, which was a group interview, I felt it went very very well. Then I was called in for a second interview where I interviewed with 2 managers. The process took a reasonable amount of time between applying and being called in but it may depend on the particular store.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a customer who is upset?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in January 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, short notice, manager read from a list

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview Details – The interview was with the store manager and the DM. They were both welcoming and asked the questions clearly and professional. They asked the basic retail questions such as; what did I like the most/least about my past job and examples of how I would lead a team.

Interview Question – There was no very difficult questions but the most unexpected was "what was the last thing you learned?"   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Inventory Analyst
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then I was brought in to meet with 5 people seperately to discus the job and my qualifications.

Interview Question – What process would you have for the placement of goods on store shelves?   View Answer

The Vitamin Shoppe Sales Associate Interview

The Vitamin Shoppe Sales Associate
Bohemia, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in May 2010.

Interview Details – Took very long time

Interview Question – What experience have you had where you needed a manager and the were none available at the time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be on top of update and reviewing the hiring process.

Holmdel, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in May 2010.

Interview Details – Two store managers gave me an interview in a cramped stock room. They were very rude and to be quite honest, disinterested with even conducting an interview. After the interview I was told that I would receive a call in 1 week, I received no such call. The whole attitude of the managers and the way that they conducted their interview made me not want to follow through with the job offer.

Reason for Declining – I believe my application was declined, however, after my interview experience. I can say with confidence that even if the offer was extended to me, I would not have followed through.

Staten Island, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in January 2007.

Interview Details – I applied for the job while in high school. The interview consisted of filling out a job history form, and a drug test. I went in filled out and application and then I was called on when to go and take the drug test. The manager there was great and most of the workers were young and the overall environment was fun.

Interview Question – Take a drug test   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – The pay is minimal considering that some customers expect you to have a Masters of Nutrition and Spots and Supplementation. There are no sales incentives or bonuses so your personal sales skills are not rewarded over say someone who knows nothing and just shows people where items are.

Worked for Vitamin Shoppe? Contribute to the Community!