Vitamin Shoppe Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.5

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Secaucus, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall easy if you know what you are talking about. Mostly non-technical questions, but there were a few having to do with HTML + CSS. The initial interview was with an HR rep that asked non-technical questions. Following the phone interview was another phone interview with my would-be boss about the technical skills required for the job. Finally, there was an in-person interview with future boss.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

Initially, I applied for the position towards the end of May. I received a call from hr for the screening and was followed up with about 1 week later to schedule my first set of interviews with 4 people. It seemed as though all went well because I was called to meet with the VP who said they ideally would like to have someone in by the end of June. After a week of waiting I emailed hr but did not receive a response. Finally after three weeks, I called hr but was not immediately recognized. When I asked what was the status of the opening she said they were still interviewing but as far as she knew I was one of the candidates they liked. That was the beginning of July. It is now the end of July and I received an automated response stating I didn't get the role. It would be nice if hr would have taken the 30 seconds it takes to write a more personal email. Needless to say my interview experience with the vitamin shoppe has not left a good impression of how they do business. This entire process was about 60 days. The problem is that the initial contact, interview, and final interview were within 2.5 weeks and the rest of the time I was left in the dark with what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions asking me about my experience like a time when I had a challenge and I overcame it.   Answer Question

Vice President Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (North Bergen, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Had to fill out a long very lengthy application. I was an internal referral and had to point that out. Fill out a bunch of referrals and why I believe in a healthy lifestyle, Which seems rather probing for a job application. The HR rep was not very knowledgeable about the position, she didn't present the candidate profile up the food chain just immediately rejected even though I meet all of the qualifications.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions during the interview   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I was first was called in for one interview, which was a group interview, I felt it went very very well. Then I was called in for a second interview where I interviewed with 2 managers. The process took a reasonable amount of time between applying and being called in but it may depend on the particular store.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Manhasset, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I had initially applied online. I was contacted for an interview, not immediately but two weeks following the submission of my application. I was set up for face-to-face interview later that week. My interview was with the SM. The Store Manager had asked me multiple questions about past work experience and work ethic. I had a lot of knowledge about supplementation before applying to TVS. It did not take long into the interview for me to realize I knew quite a bit more about vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients than the Store Manager herself. She seemed as if she was relatively new to the location and profession to me.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about prior work experience, work ethic, things I did and did not like about past jobs. Reasons for leaving as well as past positions and salaries. My overall interests in health, nutrition, fitness ect.   1 Answer

Negotiation

$11.00/per hour

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (North Bergen, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

The Interview consisted of an interview with Sr. VP, VP, Director, and Manager Level employees. The first round was all done in one day with a total of 6 different people. I then had a phone interview with my direct boss, who was on the road at the time working on a project. Finally I followed up with one more Phone interview and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you play softball, we need outfielders?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was with the store manager and the DM. They were both welcoming and asked the questions clearly and professional. They asked the basic retail questions such as; what did I like the most/least about my past job and examples of how I would lead a team.

Interview Questions

• There was no very difficult questions but the most unexpected was "what was the last thing you learned?"   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (New Brunswick, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and then I was brought in to meet with 5 people seperately to discus the job and my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What process would you have for the placement of goods on store shelves?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Holmdel, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

Two store managers gave me an interview in a cramped stock room. They were very rude and to be quite honest, disinterested with even conducting an interview. After the interview I was told that I would receive a call in 1 week, I received no such call. The whole attitude of the managers and the way that they conducted their interview made me not want to follow through with the job offer.

I believe my application was declined, however, after my interview experience. I can say with confidence that even if the offer was extended to me, I would not have followed through.

The Vitamin Shoppe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bohemia, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Bohemia, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Took very long time

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had where you needed a manager and the were none available at the time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be on top of update and reviewing the hiring process.