Vitamin World

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Second Assistant Interview

Second Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vitamin World.

Interview Details – One interview, it was brief and the Manager was unsure how to use the fax and copy machine to send out my information for a background check which was a little off putting. I had retail experience which was required and am a very fast learner which is VERY appreciated in specialty shops such as Vitamin World.

Interview Question – None, everything was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always push for more money.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin World in September 2011.

Interview Details – First interviewed by the District Manager. Then I was interviewed by the store manager. I was then brought back to do paperwork. all in all it took almost a month to get started on the background check. This company is located in NY and in my experience should just stay there. I really felt like the whole ordeal was smoke and mirrors and I never received clear and concise answers to my questions. Every time I asked about a clear salary expectation I was shuffled off onto another form to sign or something just mysteriously just popped up that would take the individual away.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult question asked of me it was all cookie cutter interviewing tactics that anyone that has ever owned a business or held any sort of position already knows all the answers to. The thing that everyone should note that if you are a warm body that has some sort of snap and looks you will get a job unless you just blow the interview process completely. The questions are a joke and the interview process is more geared towards a young inexperienced person then a true professional. The entire hiring process took almost a month to get to the point to run my background   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very vague about what I could make as a combination between the base and commission. I asked the District Manager if I could make between 40k and 50k and he said yes, I never did, I didn't make more then 30k

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Second Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vitamin World.

Interview Details – I applied by walking in then filling out an online application. The online application is easy and standard. I had my first interview with the store manager, then my second with the district manager over the phone. They ask very basic, simple questions. Your knowledge of vitamins and supplements is just a small fraction of the interview, as they offer new associate training and then the advanced product knowledge training.

Interview Question – Do you currently use any supplements or vitamins? If so, what brands and for how long?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a high turnover rate, it is an easy hire for an easy job!

First Assistant Manager Interview

First Assistant Manager
San Jose, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vitamin World in August 2013.

Interview Details – I got hired after my initial interview. The manager was pretty laid back and we clicked.

Interview Question – Whether I could start right away. I had other companies with job offers and needed more time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told of the hourly rate and no negotiation took place.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vitamin World in February 2012.

Interview Details – Usually will consist of 3 interviews

Interview Question – How would you sell me a multivitamin? There really isn't any difficult question, especially if you've worked in retail before.   Answer Question

First Assistant Manager Interview

First Assistant Manager
Cypress, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vitamin World in February 2011.

Interview Details – I worked in nutritional sales before, and was pursuing a Nutrition degree, so I was able to enjoy the interview instead of feeling nervous. If you are confident, as a sales person should be, and know your products it is a simple process. Hiring is also easy - standard paperwork and a paycheck takes a few weeks.

Interview Question – I was asked about selling items I knew were bad for the customer's health. I said that I would offer a lot of other choices to meet their needs, but in the end, I am not their doctor or their mom. If they insist on ignoring my warnings, the warnings on the bottle and common sense.... well, I can't stop them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hmm. Well, its commission so the base pay is not really too important. I asked about upward mobility and the process of getting higher up.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vitamin World in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on internet and received phone call to interview about 3 days later. My 1st interview was with the store manager in her back office. SM seemed stressed but very friendly and genuinely interested in my responses. I appreciated the fact that I did not feel rushed or pressured during the process. After the interview I was told to expect a phone call from the District manager in a few days regarding my second interview.
True to her word I received a phone call about 4 days later and I came back for the second interview with the DM. The DM surprised me when he took me out of the store for the interview. The DM also seemed very interested in me and we talked for well over an hour. It wasn’t until the drive home, that I realized just how good of a salesman this DM was. He basically mirrored me in order to establish a personal connection with me and lower my guard. He no doubt did this in order to sell me on Vitamin World while at the same time, determining my suitability for employment there.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Escondido, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitamin World in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a total of three interviews with Vitamin World located in the Escondido Mall. I did so well on the interviews, answered all the questions in a precised professional way possible. The other applicant came in to the interview late. Also according to my friend that works there, I did really well but the Store manager decided to hire the other person just because she knew her and that she worked inside the mall too.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vitamin World in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had saw a positing for the job so first I went into the store to check it out. I talked to the current manager and he explained to me why he was leaving. He had me to fill out an application and also gave my information to the District Manager because he like me. I filled it out. The District Manager called me a few days later. I had a one on one interview. I was offered the job later.

Interview Question – Why did you want the job?   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vitamin World in January 2011.

Interview Details – Emailed resume to recruiter who then sent me an email asking for the best time to call.
Completed a cursory interview on the phone - recruiter told me I needed to interview with the VP who was in the area THAT DAY or the next day at latest. He explained "they are moving fast". I think the job would end just as fast - a contracted position it was.
I Told him to set up the interview the next day and tell me when. I never got a call back.
I got an email a few days later that the position ws no longer available. I dont think it would have been a smart move for a person all ready employed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vitamin World

Worked for Vitamin World? Contribute to the Community!