Vitamin World Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Port Richey, FL).

Interview

The interview process was more of a do you know what you are doing, and here is an introduction to the store kind of thing. I was asked more than a few questions about my work history, though I had the distinct feeling that my references were checked. Once my background check cleared I went to one of their training stores to learn the register and sales pitch, then the store was mine. Not much to it with the right experience. The interview is more of an informal let's see what you know than a "how can you handle this situation".

Interview Questions

• Will we see anything in your background check?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Vitamin World

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitamin World in July 2013.

Interview

I met with the District Manager at a coffee shop, and then had a follow up interview with the Regional Director. I have worked in supplements for a long while, and so it mainly flowed like a conversation.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World in February 2012.

Interview

Usually will consist of 3 interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me a multivitamin? There really isn't any difficult question, especially if you've worked in retail before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

First interviewed by the District Manager. Then I was interviewed by the store manager. I was then brought back to do paperwork. all in all it took almost a month to get started on the background check. This company is located in NY and in my experience should just stay there. I really felt like the whole ordeal was smoke and mirrors and I never received clear and concise answers to my questions. Every time I asked about a clear salary expectation I was shuffled off onto another form to sign or something just mysteriously just popped up that would take the individual away.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a difficult question asked of me it was all cookie cutter interviewing tactics that anyone that has ever owned a business or held any sort of position already knows all the answers to. The thing that everyone should note that if you are a warm body that has some sort of snap and looks you will get a job unless you just blow the interview process completely. The questions are a joke and the interview process is more geared towards a young inexperienced person then a true professional. The entire hiring process took almost a month to get to the point to run my background   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very vague about what I could make as a combination between the base and commission. I asked the District Manager if I could make between 40k and 50k and he said yes, I never did, I didn't make more then 30k

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vitamin World in January 2010.

Interview

My interview was probably a bit different from most. I just happened to be at the mall on a day that the district manager was visiting the store. I forgot where I parked and began chatting casually with him about the economy and the difficulty of finding a job regardless of your profession. I told him that I was a nurse and he immediately told me he was interested in talking to me. We sat at Cinnabon and talked for over an hour and I didn't even realize this was really an interview. By the time we finished talking he offered me the store manager job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any particularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company has set pay rates for store managers with set commission rates. The place you really make your money is by achieving bonuses by making sure that your store is at or over monthly plan. Those bonuses can REALLY add up quickly.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World in August 2009.

Interview

Had interview with VW even though I had read all the reviews at Jobvent.com. The DM was very curt, distracted, not listening and no more than 15 minutes into the interview, she cut me off and said she had another applicant. No thank you!

Interview Questions

• Only two questions: 1. Walk me thru your job history. 2. Why Vitamin World.   1 Answer